Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What does your LO wear to bed at night?

Last night was our first night home, and as I put Connor in his crib, I realized I had serious worries over whether he would be too hot, too cold, etc.  We kept the air in the room on 72 and the ceiling fan was on for circulation.  I tried using the swaddle me but then ended up swaddling with just a blanket.  He had on a onsie and socks underneath.  Help me out- give me examples of what your LO wears to bed!  Thanks.

Re: What does your LO wear to bed at night?

• We keep our room no warmer than 70 but usually it's 67 or so. To help reduce the risk of sids a cooler room is better (65-68 is what is recommended usually).

DD wears a onesie and a swaddle wrap, or on cooker nights she has long footie pjs and a swaddle wrap.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • sleeper, receiving blanket swaddled and then a heavier blanket over her lower half. But its cold here at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • He usually wears those Gerber long sleeve footie pj's with a swaddler. We keep our temp at 70-72 and have the ceiling fan on as well as his humidifier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just a diaper and a kiddopotomus cotton swaddle me. Our room has a ceiling fan and is about 70 - 74 degrees. She does just fine.

When it was a little cooler, I put a kimono t-shirt (carters) on with the diaper and the swaddle.

• A footed sleeper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Usually DD sleeps in a Tee, diaper and swaddle. The last week she has been vigorously trying to escape the swaddle so I decided to let her try to sleep without it last nioght. We had tried before with no luck. She actually lsept great! I kept her in her tee but put a one piece feetie PJ over it. This I ended up putting a sleep sack on halfway thru the night because she felt very cool. I keep my house about 72 also.
  • Onesie with a sleeper and I wrap her up and a blanket over top the bottom of her sleeper.  There is also a large overhead fan in the room where she sleeps.  House is usually around 70. 
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's starting to get a little cooler here at night, so we have him wear a long sleeve onesie and a cotton SwaddleMe.  It's better for them to be cooler rather than being too warm (being too hot is known to lead to SIDS).  Once it gets even colder we'll do footed PJ's and the cotton SwaddleMe, then once winter hits he'll wear footed PJ's and feece SwaddleMe/Sleep Sack.
  • When babies are this young they can't regulate their own body temperature yet, so it's important to swaddle them, put socks on them and a little beanie as well. ?Of course you don't want to over heat them, but if you keep the AC on and a fan they aren't in any danger of overheating. ?When my daughter was newly born we put nightgowns on her (we waited until her umbilical cord fell off before we put her in a onesie) and she did fine. ?Now that she's older and the weather is still warm, we don't bundle her up as much.
  • Diapers and her muslin cloth swaddle.  The evening temp in our room is generally mid 70s, with the fan on (we don't have a/c).  We used to put her in the Miracle Blanket but that was too warm for her-- she would get sweaty-- even with just a diaper underneath.
  • She wears long sleeved footie pjs.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We keep our house at a max of 68 degrees and he's in a footed sleeper, then swaddled in a light cotton blanket.  On cooler nights we drape a fleece blanket over his legs in his swing (he still sleeps in his swing).  When we first brought him home we kept the room at 68 and had him in a gown swaddled.
  • Mine wears at short sleeved onesie and is swaddled with a muslin blanket. We keep the air around 74 at night. Anything lower, and all of us would be freezing (I'm already cold at 74).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just a warm fleece or flannel sleeper, sometimes with a onesie underneath.  We keep the house temp between 72-74, but her room always fells colder and the humidifier is on.  She doesn't like being swaddled anymore, but when she did we would put her in a onesie under a Swaddleme.
  • Now he wears footed pj's and is swaddled in a miracle blanket.  The first couple of weeks he wore a side-snap t-shirt, socks, a hat, and was swaddled in a miracle blanket.  Side-snap t's are great in the beginning, especially with middle of the night changings.
  • He wears a sleeper with footies...he LOVES to be super warm, so we also swaddle him on top of that. He is a warm little booger.
  • Side-snap tee/diaper/Swaddle Me, no socks or cap
  • Short sleeve onesie and polar fleece swaddleme blanket.
  • Footed sleepers and we swaddle arms out with a muslin blanket.

• LO is usually in just a diaper and a swaddleme.  She tends to be a very warm baby, that being said, the last couple of nights I have left a onesie or t shirt on underneath as it's been pretty cool.  If we have the AC on it is set to 68 plus we have a box fan running.  
  • I put a onesie on her all summer.  Now that it's starting to get cooler I have been putting her either in a long-sleeve onesie with a sack or thin 2 piece pjs (I really like Old Navy's).  When she was a newborn I either swaddled her in a onesie or just a diaper depending on the weather.
  • I think it was you i spoke to a few days ago before you were being induced about living in nola...? Please let me know if you need anything! 
  • onesie or kimono tee and swaddle blanket and will soon change to sleepsack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We keep our house on the cool side, and DS wears a footed sleeper with a Miracle Blanket swaddle just on his top half (legs out of the swaddle). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our house is usually 74-75 so we just have him in a diaper and swaddle him.

• We use a footed sleeper.  Our room is generally between 65 and 68.  DD doesn't like being swaddled and will wrestle her way out.  She also kicks won't keep her arms under the blanket and needs to have her feet sticking out.  I've tried the onsies w/ mittens and they annoy the crap out of her too....sooo footed sleeper it is.  And she's SOOO happy in the morning when I take her feet out..she just puts on this big smile!
  • Right now LO sleeps in a long sleve sleep gown (Target's Circo) and is in his "Newborn Napper" in his PnP, so I am able to tuck blankets around him.  However at the end of the month we have to move him into the bassinette part and we have to lose the blankets (unless a miracle occurs and I can figure out a safe way to tuck those tight at the edges of the PnP "mattress") so we will be putting him in the sleep gown and a sleep sack. 

(I'd love to use footed PJ's for warmpth but FI HATES having to deal with the legs and all the snaps in the middle of the night and I'd hate to lose his feeding LO one of his middle of the night feedings so I can sleep FAR MORE than I'd like to use those PJ's)

• kiddopotamus organic, dye free dreamsie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"