Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Do you fall asleep nursing?

It's happened to me a couple of times with middle of the night feedings.  There is no chance of lo falling or anything but I want to stay awake and fall asleep in bed! 

Do you fall asleep?  if not, how do you stop yourself!?

Re: Do you fall asleep nursing?

• Yea there have been times that I catch myself nodding off but never falling asleep completely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've nodded off a few times but usually startle before too long.
  • Loading the player...
  • I nurse in bed at night so I ALWAYS fall asleep even if I really try not to. Then I wake up like 2 hours later and TRY to put her in her bed. 
  • I have on the couch in the middle of the afternoon---I very rarely even nod off in the middle of the night.  Go figure...
  • I FF feed and my DS and I both feel asleep while feeding the other night.. He didnt fuss or cry when the bottle feel out of his mouth.. I woke up about 10 minutes later and was freaked out.. He was fine and so i was.. Now mind you this was his 4 am feeding.. It hasnt happened since.
  • I did at the beginning and sometimes I still do if I'm nursing laying down.  I never completely fall asleep, but I'll doze a bit if I'm really tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah, but only for a few seconds, I think if you are really tired on in a very sleepy part of sleep cycle you cannot realistically stay awake and not wake up LO all the way awake and alert

babies

• imageMommaMar:
    I nurse in bed at night so I ALWAYS fall asleep even if I really try not to. Then I wake up like 2 hours later and TRY to put her in her bed. 

This. By the time I wake up he wants to eat again!

• I was nodding off alot while BF at night. So now I just keep my iPhone handy and entertain myself while DD nurses
  • I definitely nod off during my 3AM feeding. I think only once so far I have actually fell asleep and woke back up and he was fine. Doc told me to use the boppy as everyone falls asleep it is just important not to drop. Damn prolactins.
  • I fall alseep almost every night. I nurse in bed at night, either laying down or sitting up with him on the boppy. I have woken up two hours later and we are both out & the boob is out with milk all over L....poor little guy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"