Snarky and T-TTC

How often do oyu call your parents?

Just curious cause IL's apparently think that once a week or every other week isn't enough.

Re: How often do oyu call your parents?

• I talk to my mom at least once a day.

Of course, I'm an only child, and my father left when I was little, so my mom and I are especially close.  I'm no help.

Baby Boy O born 4/5/2010, 7lbs 14oz, 20", at 38w by c-section due to pre-e & failed induction
  • Pretty much once a week, maybe twice sometimes, but that is the most. 
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Pre-LO, almost never.  My step mom would call once a week or so to check in and my mom would call once in a blue moon if she had something to say.  My mom understands that no news is good news with us.  My MIL would call and talk to Shaun once a week or so as well. 

Now, my dad and or step mom check in via phone once a week, or when they want to come visit.  My step mom emails me from time to time just to say "thinking of you" as well.  My mom calls when she wants to come visit, usually once a week.  My MIL on the other had been calling daily for a while, so I know where you're at.  Confused

• I avoid my mother at all costs.  I haven't spoken to her live in almost 2 months.  She emails constantly but I only reply about once a week.  She's f'ing crazy.

My dad lives in his own world and I'm lucky to hear from him once every 3 months or so.  Nothing wrong with our relationship, but he's just kind of out there.

IL's live an hour away and pretty much stalk us...

• My Mom - once a week
    My Dad - once a month
    IL's - every other week or so

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• I call my parents once a week (usually every Sunday). sometimes I'll email my mom but that's sporadic.

My H talks to or visits his dad a couple times a week. But he's in town and in a nursing home.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I speak to my mom at least every other day (but she lives very close to me), my father who lives out of town I talk to about 1 time every week or so. My DH probably talks to his parents once every 2-3 weeks. I email with his mother occasionally.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I talk to my mom every day.  We talk to the ILs probably once every week or week and a half.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • my mom - depends.  at least once a week but usually more like 3 or 4 times a week.

my dad - a few times a month.

my ILs - never, if i can help it.  MIL is BSC.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm really bad, I hate talking on the phone usually and don't call people. 

My mom: once every couple weeks. Usually I don't call her, she calls me.

My sister: few times a week, again she usually calls me.

My ILs: when I have to, which is rarely

My dad is not in the picture.

• i don't ever call. i'm aweful. but my mother calls/texts me at least once every 2-3 weeks.

same with the husband's mom- he calls his dad all the time though. they talk about "man stuff" like leaky pipes & lawn mowers. good times.

• My mom:  at least once a day

My dad:  when he answers the phone when I call home, maybe once or twice a week

ILs:  DH probably talks to them every day.  Me, I probably talk to them about once a week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • I talk to my mom at least once a day.  No daddy =(

One of us talks to his parents a few times a week.

They are all in town.

• I talk to my mom once a day. My dad, maybe once a month.

I've been trying to get DH to call his mom every Sunday, or else she starts getting weird. He never got around to it this weekend, so she called us to lay on the guilt last night *sigh*

• I talk to my mom every 2-3 weeks,  we probably email every 1-2 weeks though.  Neither of us like the phone,  and my dad is especially awkward on the phone.

MIL calls on Thursdays if she wants DH to come over that weekend and help them with something.  Otherwise DH talks to them every 2 weeks or so,  sometimes longer

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I talk to my mom at least twice a day. If not more.

No dad.

IL- at least once or twice a week, depending on what's going on.

• I talk to my mom once a week.  I would prefer less, but I get the guilt trip voicemails "I miss you..."  I rarely talk to my dad.  He is not a phone person.  I talk to the ILs once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

DH talks to his mom multiple times a day.  He probably talks to his Dad once a day or every other day.  He never talks to my parents.

Fiona & Julia imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 23 mos. TTC, MFI, IUI #1&2 BFN, IVF #1 = BFP!!!
  • My mom stopped calling me because I would never call her (how's that for catholic guilt) so I try and call at least once a week if I remember.

My dad is not a phone guy so I rarely talk to him.  Unless I call my parent's house and he happens to answer.

(funny story: Apparently my parents (and I sound like my mom which has led to some awkward moments with her friends who just dive right into conversation) sound exactly alike on the phone.  They've been married for 32 years and my mom can count on one hand the number of times he's answered the phone and the person calling actually realized it was him- us kids withstanding.  So now to mess with him whenever I call home and he picks up I go "Martha?"  Just so I can hear him respond with his usual "no this is Jimmy".  Cracks me up every time.)

Inlaws?  I could be dying on the side of the road knowing that my MIL was close by and able to help and I still wouldn't call her.

MrBunny talks to his parents quite often though- usually when he is driving between home and work. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:

My mom stopped calling me because I would never call her (how's that for catholic guilt) so I try and call at least once a week if I remember.

My dad is not a phone guy so I rarely talk to him.  Unless I call my parent's house and he happens to answer.

Inlaws?  I could be dying on the side of the road knowing that my MIL was close by and able to help and I still wouldn't call her.

MrBunny talks to his parents quite often though- usually when he is driving between home and work. 

almost exactly word for word
  • talk to my mom at least once a day.

IL -- i almost never talk to them on the phone. they call DH on his cell and i think they talk about every other day.

• Before the kid, once a month, maybe. Now we Skype a couple times a week.

As for the IL, I don't know how often he calls his folks, and I don't care. I know his sister doesn't think we talk to his mom enough, but again... I don't care. 

• I feel a little bad after reading how often some of you talk to your parents!

My parents - about once amonth?  If I'm going through a hard time (not IF related) I'll sometimes call my mom once or twice a week on my way home from work.

Not sure how often DH talks to his parents. They usually call him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I talk to my dad maybe once a month at most. However, I call my mom almost every day of the week
  • I talk to my mom 1-2 times a week, but the calls are short because we have issues. I hardly ever talk to my dad - maybe every other month. No reason, other than he doesn't like to talk on the phone.

MH talkes to his parents 1-2 times a week, and his calls are long, sometimes an hour.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I talk to my mother or father once a day, if not more. my IL's on the other hand, are more likely to Email... but we do chat once in a while on the phone- maybe every other week. And they call me, not my Hubby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"