3rd Trimester

Not Looking Pregnant...at 33 weeks

I'm really hating this right now. Your whole life your shown these pregnant women who are huge and everything and i have wanted nothing more than to be one of those women. But no. I barely look pregnant, just like i've gained a few pounds. Partly to blame is the fact that I've carried the baby so low during this pregnancy to begin with. Only certain clothes make me actually look pregnant. And than today, a friend of the families 13 year old girl asked me if i had had the baby yet....the doctor says everything is fine (because I've gained only 10 pounds which i'm told i should be happy about and i am) but it just bothers me. anyone else have this problem?

Re: Not Looking Pregnant...at 33 weeks

• The girl I know that is due this weekend does not look pregnant at all.. she was overweight to begin with, so she just added a few inches to her waist. No one can tell she is pregnant at all.

I think it's perfectly normal to want to LOOK pregnant, I know she was having problems when her mom was telling her it was a good thing she just looked 'fat' cause she could get around with no one knowing she was pregnant.

• no, but if i were you i would be very happy. a big belly is heavy & uncomfortable and makes regular tasks difficult. enjoy it.
  • Loading the player...
  • YES ! You're not alone. People say I look about 5 or 6 months they can't believe I'm due next week ! And when I was 5 or 6 months I barely looked pregnant at all. I gained 15 lbs so far and the last 5 have been in these past few weeks. We can be happy that we will HOPEFULLY be able to get rid of the few extra pounds we gained as soon as the baby is born ! I felt the same way as you for a long time though, but I've gotten used to being a "small" pregnant lady. Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hahaha.... I guess I'm one of the "huge" ones.
  • P:S My name is Chelsey too ! just with a "y" haha Smile

• imagePennylane824:
    Hahaha.... I guess I'm one of the "huge" ones.

Me too. I look and feel pregnant...oh well. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I'm 30 weeks and depending what I am wearing I just look fat. I have finally become okay with it and realized it just means I wont be huge and uncomfortable as long.
  • Trust me, sometimes it's a blessing for people to not be able to tell you are pregnant. ?People stare at me on the streets and make obnoxious comments all the time. ?I am tired of sticking out like a sore thumb and have to tell people I don't know all about my baby that they'll never meet.
  • I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. 

I was very petite before getting knocked up (I'm only 5'0") and I've been looking very pregnant apparently every since I popped (say 20wks-ish?).  I know its obvious because I can't even count how many people have asked me when I was due without me telling them any news.  However, along with that I've had back pain which started around 16 weeks and continues to get worse - so much so that I wake up at night in pretty bad pain. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not 33 weeks yet but I don't look pregnant at all. I am still in my normal clothes and I only see a little bump myself when I'm looking in the mirror with my panties on. I have noticed that my stomach has shifted up so what was once a little tummy that was spread out is now all in one spot. The sad part is my MIL will tell me ?I can totally tell your pregnant now? then she touches my stomach. I have to tell her that?s not the baby. Sad

• + I just don't get it.  I don't find baby bumps to be "cute" but I guess that just me.  I tend to think I looked better when I wasn't prego and people are just saying nice things because they think I need to hear them.  I mean its telling that you do not see pregnant women on the Sports Illustrated calendar and such.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Having the big belly doesn't even always mean that you 'look pregnant' or so people say.  I am carrying with a big ol' belly and while they mean well I always feel insulted when people try to tell me I don't look pregnant in something I'm wearing. My whole body is different, and my face is different, I have gained PLENTY of weight and if I don't look pregnant then I just look fat!

Plus, it creeps me out a little bit that the big belly is not unlike an inordinate amount of cleavage... no one looks you in the eye, they all look down at the belly the way guys would all look down at the cleavage. 

• i wished for a huge belly for the longest time and why i don't mind it on most days, somedays its really uncomfortable.  i get comments all the time: "how are you going to make it to Dec?" "you look like you're 8-9mos pregnant!" "and you still have a few more months to go?" sometimes it gets a little annoying tho i always try and stay positive. 

• imagenickicl:
    + I just don't get it.  I don't find baby bumps to be "cute" but I guess that just me.  I tend to think I looked better when I wasn't prego and people are just saying nice things because they think I need to hear them.  I mean its telling that you do not see pregnant women on the Sports Illustrated calendar and such.

I'm sorry, but your last sentence is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.  Just because pregnant bellies aren't sexual-ized, does not mean they aren't cute.  

• I haven't had this problem, but I just noticed where you're from... Fire up Chips!! I spent the best for years of my life there! :)

Good luck with your LO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

imagePennylane824:
    Hahaha.... I guess I'm one of the "huge" ones.

Me too. I look and feel pregnant...oh well. 

haha!!  I'm in the same boat

• I didn't look pregnant until about 34-35 weeks, and only then when I wore a tight/stretchy top.  Up until I delivered, people thought I was about 6mo along.  I got a lot of side eye looks from other pregnant women as if I wasn't eating, etc.  Grass is always greener, I suppose...

• imageMrsErinnElizabeth:

imagenickicl:
    + I just don't get it.  I don't find baby bumps to be "cute" but I guess that just me.  I tend to think I looked better when I wasn't prego and people are just saying nice things because they think I need to hear them.  I mean its telling that you do not see pregnant women on the Sports Illustrated calendar and such.

I'm sorry, but your last sentence is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.  Just because pregnant bellies aren't sexual-ized, does not mean they aren't cute.  

I completely agree. Also, there ARE pregnant models and pregnant stars are often put on the cover of magazines. Pregnancy is beautiful, no matter who is wearing it.

• imagemrgn:
    imageMrsErinnElizabeth:

imagenickicl:

I completely agree. Also, there ARE pregnant models and pregnant stars are often put on the cover of magazines. Pregnancy is beautiful, no matter who is wearing it.

Ok all I'm saying is I personally do not find anything cute/pretty/sexy or otherwise attractive about pregnant women including myself.  I think its ok but I certainly prefer the look of not-pregnant.  Its just my personal and probably un-popular opinion.  

My point (that I don't think I stated very well) was that since I don't think its cute its kind of weird when people say to me that they think I am a cute prego or have cute bump.  Its like telling me I have a cute mole on my neck. Its their opinion, but to me it is more of a back handed compliment and I don't care for it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am now 39 weeks pregnant and still only look maybe 6 months at the most. My  doctor says that the baby is even messuring a bit big!!! how can he be measuring big if I'm barely showing. She told me that my body is just holding the baby in more than normal. I had someone stop me at my doctor's office and was talking to me ask how far along I was. I said 9 months and he told me he would have said 5 or 6 months. I don't know if I should take things like this as a compliment or not. I mean, I look fatter and I know it. Does that mean I always look this fat? Ugh...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"