Baby Showers

Postcard invites?

My host is trying to save money, and I totally don't blame her for that. We toyed with the idea of sending out postcards with the info on it. She doesn't mind her info being accessible, so that isn't a concern. I have designed them, so it just means modifying the size and printing them out.

I'm wondering if it would be tacky or totally normal. The card sizes are a quarter of a regular sheet of paper - 4.25"x5.5" - so they would be smaller. It would save on postage. At the same time, sending a postcard reminds me of dentist visit reminders. If I got a postcard invite, I wouldn't think anything strange about it.

Any ideas or opinions??

ETA: Oh, how early do you send them out??

Re: Postcard invites?

• I think it's a cute idea. It really is up to your host to decide.
  • I think it would be fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing wrong with a cute postcard, and it's environmentally friendly.  Go for it.

I'd aim to get them out a good 4 weeks before the shower.

• By the way, I am not relying on her to pay. She hasn't offered anything as of yet. She'll probably help me address them. I've posted earlier about this issue, so I won't go into it here. I don't necessarily feel like it is just up to my host as I am mailing them out.
  • I think it's a really cute idea! We sent mine out 5 weeks before...we gave 3 weeks to rsvp and us 2 weeks before the shower to prepare. I think that 4 weeks before is probably ideal though.
  • I thought about doing that with mine because they were the right size, but you have to becareful how you design them. If they get wet (as in during the winter time) the colors might bled, or the postoffice might put that barcode thingy over top of important information you have on there, since they don't notice what it really is.
  • Don't see anything wrong with that!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm usually a stickler for the tradition way of doing things. A postcard invite would not bother me in the least.  I'd also suggest having some sort of design on both sides - especially the side with the the addresses - so that people pay attention to it.

I would send it out no latter than 4 weeks.  Some would say that 2 weeks is fine.  However, if any of your guests are traveling from a long distance, need to arrange day care, or are just busy in general, the more time to plan is better. 

GL!  I hope that you enjoy your shower!  Let us know how it goes. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • i like this idea!!
  • As posted already, I think it's a cute idea.

As for when to send them out....I'm not sure of the proper time but I'd send them out 2 weeks before at the latest, ideally 3 weeks to a month before.  Have the RSVP date for a week before.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"