3rd Trimester

So.. it's kind of dead.. but am I the only one?

I was just skimming through the posts from earlier when I was offline.. and I saw the PSA that said "do something nice for your husbands" and something about our hormones, etc.?

Um.. I am doing something nice for him.. giving birth to our 2nd child. I think ?that's pretty nice of me, lol.

So.. I'm being semi-facetious, but really? I mean.. so they have to put up with our attitudes and such. Does that really compare to morning sickness, feet in the ribs, sickness and not being able to take much, etc? ?...?

Just wondering if I'm the only one... ?

Re: So.. it's kind of dead.. but am I the only one?

• Nope, I agree with you. Like you I am on my second too. Although I think by now DH has learned to take the good with the bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH told me that putting up with me during pregnancy is well worth it for the reward he gets at the end :-)

That said, I try to do nice things for him all the time, even I'm not carrying his child, so I can't see myself making any extra effort just because I'm a little bitchy sometimes. 

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejessicaclare:

DH told me that putting up with me during pregnancy is well worth it for the reward he gets at the end :-)

That said, I try to do nice things for him all the time, even I'm not carrying his child, so I can't see myself making any extra effort just because I'm a little bitchy sometimes. 

This exactly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope. I agree. Whenever DH says I'm contrary or whatever I remind him that it's not easy making a baby and that this has been extremely hard on me (i.e. HG for months on end, losing large amounts of weight, being malnourished for several months, not able to work, etc.). Then I ask him if he'd like to take over for a day, which makes him actually think about having to do it himself and it gives him a little reality check :)
  • Girl, I totally agree with you! I'm giving my hubs #4! So he better appreciate how nice I am! :)
  • I agree! This is my little fantasy for the day! I carry this baby for 9 months, deal with all the pain and such that comes along with it, and then while I am in labor and pushing this baby out HE gets to have all the pain!! LOL....I wish it worked that way!
  • imageAggieKristin:
    imagejessicaclare:

DH told me that putting up with me during pregnancy is well worth it for the reward he gets at the end :-)

That said, I try to do nice things for him all the time, even I'm not carrying his child, so I can't see myself making any extra effort just because I'm a little bitchy sometimes.?

This exactly.

Well said. I mean, it's not like he never has anything nice done for him, LOL.. but I'm not going to go out of my way to do something for him just b/c I'm pregnant and he has to deal with it. LOL, get over it DH :0)?

?

• DH recently made a comment about my hormones. I haven't had that hard a time with them. I think being sick all the time and tired has made me moody. He has been good and I haven't been taking advantage.

Besides - I do lots of nice things for dh. I made him dinner tonight. 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • my nice gesture is DH is the only person I am not a total B!TCH too. I can be mean to anyone else in the world, but never my DH. I figure I'll get it all out during delivery.
  • I am so with you...every time DH c/o about hormones (which isn't often) I remind him that I am carrying our second child....and I feel like I do nice things for him fairly often anyway:)
  • Personally, if I am feeling crappy, one of the easiest fixes is to do something nice for someone else, and since I usually know what will make DH happy, it's a pretty easy fix. The anticipation and excitement when I know he is coming home to a pleasant surprise is a lot of fun.

Does it backfire sometimes? Absolutely! But most of the time I do something that only takes a little effort. 

I didn't read the OP, but I just wanted to make that point!

EDIT: I am not being any nicer to make up for being pregnant.I just try to do nice things for him regularly anyways.  Hopefully it makes up for all the normal stuff I don't get done when I am too tired or my feet hurt!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My hubby got a vasectomy on Tuesday. I told him, "good luck trying to get any sympathy from me". Other than swelling, bruising, and pressure, he has no discomfort at all. That said, I still felt the urge to do nice things from him while he recovered and help him out any way I could. However, I do not feel the need to do something nice for him because he has to "deal" with my pregnancy. Guys have no clue what toll making a baby takes on the female body...not that I expect anything from him, but it would be nice for him to plan a date night or something before the baby comes.
  • haha. You are not alone. My hormones have been pretty under control for the most part though.

We are going to Disney this weekend and he said something along the lines of US carrying our baby around disney, I gave him a serious side eye...us? Since when did you gain all this baby weight (oh wait, he has! ha) and get all the joys of actually being the one to carry the child and get to walk around disney with swollen feet and ankles, constant thirst and always needing to go to the bathroom....wheres the US in that?

• Um, I do plenty for DH. and he says that I actually have not been bad ( I don't think i've been moody except for once or twice). I think the two days of crying are nothing compared to what I've already been through, not to mention what I will go through coming up. I think he's the one who needs to (continue to) do nice things for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"