3rd Trimester

Am I missing anything in my hospital bag???

Induction is tomorrow at 4 AM- just got done packing the bag.... Now I'm starting to worry that I might be missing something.  Here's what I have packed:

black sweat pants, black nightgown, black yoga pants, black robe

nursing tank, maternity tank, maternity t-shirt

nursing bra, 2 pairs of maternity boy short underwear

Flip flops, toiletries, boppy pillow, socks

Ipod, camera, video camera, baby book, medical insurance file/paperwork

Am I missing anything major????

Re: Am I missing anything in my hospital bag???

• Your own pads!!!!!! I heard it was better to have your own ... : )

Unless you include that in your toiletries???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • -your own pads

-cell phone charger

-maybe an extra pair of panties. I packed 4 Embarrassed

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't include that- I've always heard the hospital ones are better.  I'll go with your suggestion though... packing them now!
  • My list includes everything on yours plus these: Lanolin, dermoplast, breast pads, breast pump & magazines
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Cell phone charger is on the list of things to pack in the AM prior to leaving.

I actually will have the underwear that I wear in tomorrow, so techinically, I guess I'll have three pairs.  Eh, I'll throw in one more for good measure!

• Breast pads I've got.... I don't think I'm going to bring my pump to the hospital, though.  Have you heard a lot of people say it was beneficial?

• imageChipsgal:
    My list includes everything on yours plus these: Lanolin, dermoplast, breast pads, breast pump & magazines

Unless it's a small handheld pump, I would definitely leave the pump at home. More than likely your milk won't come in while you are in the hospital. Just a thought. :)

• I liked the hospital pads. The ones at my hospital had an ice pack type thing with them and it was great.?

The only other thing I really packed is Cottonelle Flushable Wipes.. b/c they're so much gentler than hospital tp.

Good Luck!!?

• My friend was induced and ended up having a C-section.  Her son had a really tough time latching on and since she was in the hospital for 5 days (2 for induction 3 for c-section) they suggested she pump.  She used the pump that the hospital provided but wished she had brought her's to get practice with it. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I wouldn't bring a pump or breast pads.  They hospital will provide you with both during your stay. 
  • Do those boy shorts hit you just under your belly pooch? Right at your bikini line where a c/s incision would go? If so, I'd take some other undies that come up higher just in case.
    - Jena
  • Going home outfit for baby

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh...and snacks!!  For your support team while you are laboring, and for you when you get hungry between meals, or in case you deliver after dinner is served and have to wait for breakfast.

I packed hight protein snacks like nuts, beef jerky, granola bars, etc.  

• Got the baby bag packed also- 2 receiving blankets, numerous outfits (still not sure which to use, size, etc), pair of socks, pair of mittens.

My mom knitted him tons of gorgeous blankets... I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to take one of those though.  Don't you think?  I'd hate for it to get lost or left....

• Your own pillow and one for DH if he is staying and an extra blanket for him
  • A notebook to record when things happen. Like when your water breaks, when pitocin starts etc. I couldn't remember days after my induction but was glad to write it down! 

And i live in nola too! <3 

• Got a notebook!  Did you deliver in New Orleans???  I'm delivering at East Jefferson.
  • imagekaekee:
    Got a notebook!  Did you deliver in New Orleans???  I'm delivering at East Jefferson.

We just moved here a month ago...what pedi will you be using?

We go to Ochsner and it's FABULOUS. 

• Stuff for baby

I'd bring extra batteries and memory cards for cameras, you never know how many pics you'll take and would hate to run out

Entertainment things- magazines, dvds if your hospital has players, etc

Slippers maybe

I'd bring the pump if it isn't too bulky, you can practice and get used to it

An address book/phone book incase you have numbers that you need that aren't in your cell phone to let people know? (if you're doing that)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • We're using Carousel Pediatrics in Metairie.  I did my OB rotation at Ochsner.... I loved it there!
  • Definitely bring snacks!!
  • Car seat and baby's bag - with take home outfit, a few diapers, receiving blankets, baby beanie cap, etc. Make sure you have your birthing plan/birthing preferences, your own pillow and your own towels.
  • With my induction, there was tons of time just hanging out in our hospital room.  Bring some reading material and if you have a laptop with DVD player, maybe a movie or two.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"