High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bed Rest Mama's Wednesday Check In!~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

We have quite a few new girls! Welcome!

QOTD: Ughh... I am struggling with a QOTD today... How about we talk about our families - Are your parents married? How many siblings do you have, where do you fall in line - does everyone get along... any disfunctional familiy stories?

Name: mrst1014 (Meagen)
EDD: Sept. 22, 2009 (God Willing)
Type of BR:  Strict, just get to go to the bathroom, shower ever other day, but I have to use a shower seat.
Since when: 8 weeks (2/13)
Reason: It started with a SCH. At 14 weeks I had massive bleeding and needed two blood transfusions. I also have partial placenta abruption.

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments... 9/02/09 - Hospital bed rest till Lauren is here... :(
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name: kadyra (Andrea)
EDD: September 13th
Type of Bedrest: Strict until 28 weeks, modified from 28 weeks until...
Since when: 25weeks 6days (June 6)
Reason: Placental abruption, IUGR, preterm contractions, and severe dyspnea of pregnancy (sometimes requiring 02)

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name:  sunandsand
EDD: by LMP its 9/14/09, will be induced 2 wks before that
Type of BR: Can shower, get up to pee, microwave a meal, drive myself to appts
Since when: July 22
Reason: PIH, swelling, h/a, RUQ pain, contractions

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Carrie (cagreeran)
EDD: Sept. 11
Type of BR: Modified (can walk around the house a little, bathroom, shower, make quick meal, not allowed to go up and down stairs more then 3 times a day)
Since when: July 27 (33w4d)
Reason: Intense BH Contractions the night of July 27. Went to Hsp. next morning was put on the monitor was having more then 6 an hour. Two shots to relax my uterus and was sent home on bedrest.

Name: Angeline924
EDD: 11/28
Type of BR: strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when:  7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  Sara (Fusonies)
EDD: November 9, 2009 (?Oct 9th due to twins)
Type of BR: Bathroom and showers only.
Since when:
July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  Hospitalized at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix and had a rescue cerclage.  Rec'd steroids at 24 weeks.  Weekly progesterone injections and doc visits.  U/s every 2 weeks.  Expecting twins after 4 yrs of trying and 2 IVF cycles.

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: MaggieB79 (Maggie)
EDD: October 30th
Type: STRICT
Since: 8/19
Reason: Pre-eclampsia.  Went from doing just fine to severe swelling, rapid weight gain, headache and high BP in 2 short days.  2 days of modified bed rest turned into strict bed rest indefinitely...

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Name: brettszy (Brett)
EDD: Nov. 14th
Type of BR:  Strict, bathroom privileges, shower every few days
Since when: modified beginning Jun 15th (18 weeks)  strict starting July 13th (22 weeks)
Reason: Previous pre-term labor and delivery - had my son at 31 weeks, short cervix - has been as short as 0.97, current PTL

Name: egankn (Kelly)
EDD:  October 10th
Since when: 33.5 Weeks
Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

Name: 2soontob3jsmomma
EDD: December 6
Type of Bedrest: Strict until delivery
Since when: Sept. 2 ------- 26 weeks and 3 days
Reason: pregnancy induced hypertension and hyperglycemia

Name: Felisha (fisha25)
EDD: 2/03/2010
Type of BR: Strict. Shower, bathroom, food, then back to bed.
Since when:  7/21/09 at 12 weeks
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma found under my placenta at 7weeks. I bleed almost every day, normally fresh blood, but the clot isn't getting any smaller-only bigger. Dr. seems worried placenta abruption may be inevitable.  

Name: Kristy (go dux)
EDD: 10/16/09
Type of BR:
Modified bedrest
Since when:  9/4/09
Reason: Went into L&D after having continuous contractions while at work.  Contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes, not stopping after 2 doses of trebutaline (sp?) and another type of medicine.

Name: Amanda (allinduetime)
EDD: 11/19/2009
Type of BR:
modified
Reason:
  twin pregnancy and + FFN.  went into L&D with contractions every 3-5 mins apart, gave two doses of brethine which knocked them out.  sent up to floor for observation but 24 hours later contractions returned, so was kept another 48 hours and d/c home on bedrest and procardia.

Name: lowhedges Lydia, EXPECTING TRIPLETS!!!!
EDD: ?
Type of BR: ?
Since when: 9/2
Reason: shortening cervix.  I've been lurking as I was placed on b/r at 22 weeks for 1 week and then allowed to return to work for 2 weeks.

Name: kittenxkisses(Shea)
EDD:
10/21
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom priv. & shower privleges EOD.
Since When: 
8/26 at 32 weeks
Reason
: Was in hospital for 2 weeks for PTL, shortening cervix, dilated to 1.5-2, + FFN. Put on magnesium for 2 days and got Steroid shots. Then got off mag and on trbutaline every 4 hours.

Name: Events by Shelly (Shelly)
EDD: 11/08 (Induction scheduled for 10/26...most likely will deliver between 10/8-10/15)
Type:
Modified BR, Allowed 15 mins of "up" time for every hour awake. all "up" time must be followed by 15 mins of horizontal rest. Strict Pelvic Rest. 1 round trip upstairs/downstairs, Can drive myself to pick up DD from school once daily (DH has to take her) and can drive to dr appts only.
Since When: 9/10

Reason
: Previous history of PTL, delivered DD at 34wks 5 days. Admitted to hospital on 9/8 for Contractions, dilated to 2, thinning of cervical wall, baby is head down & engaged, regular contractions at 3 mins apart. was in hospital for 1 day for monitoring, given Terbutaline to stop contractions and sent home on BR. Must go back to dr. twice weekly for monitoring, sono, FFN (weekly). Fingers crossed we make it to 35 weeks!!

Name: kiki408 - Kendra
EDD: 12/18, although we're just hoping to make it to November at this point.
Type: Strict hospital bedrest until 28 weeks (2more weeks)
Since When: 24 weeks ( I went home for a week, but was re-admitted)
Reason: Shortening cervix . 1.3 or so at the last measurement. No contractions; being monitored for the next few weeks, though.

Name: ewhite508 (Emily)
EDD: November 22, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified: House arrest, stay down stairs and keep my butt on the couch with my legs up or I'm grounded. Can go to Dr for appointments, but they send the visiting nurses to me.
Since when: 23w2d -- July 7th
Reason: Preterm labor and perpetual dehydration due to hyperemesis gravidarum.

Name: Erin (erinb31)
EDD:
10/28/09
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom, get water, and shower-- taken to doctor's appointments)
Since when: 9/9/09 (33 weeks)
Reason: PT Labor: slight pink spotting, 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced, contractions (still having them 6-20 min. apart at home), positive fetal fibronectin

Name: luckywifey77 (Janessa)
EDD: November 4, 2009
Type of BR: Strict-only up to use the bathroom
Since when: 27 weeks (8/12)
Reason: Went in for an ultrasound and the doctor decided to check me b/c I was having a contraction while she was checking the fundal height and I was dilated to a 1.

Name: Etude de la vie
EDD:
 11/14/09
Type of BR: Strict ( bathroom, get water, and shower)
Since when: 9/08/09 (31 weeks)
Reason: Pre-term Labor symptoms currently on procardia 

Name: Brooke 208 (Brooke)
EDD:
10/29/09
Type of BR:  Strict for now, bathroom privileges and shower.
Since when: 9/7
Reason: I was having horrible leg pain and they kept diagnosing me with round ligament pain.  They finally did an ultrasound on my legs and discovered a blood clot that reaches from at least my groin to my knee, but could go higher.  They want to do surgery but can't because of the baby, they also cannot put a filter in either.  We're taking it one day at a time, and I am on 100mg of Lovenox twice a day until I deliver. 

Name: BrinaBfly (Sabrina)
EDD: 11/20/09
Type of BR: Modified, almost like Light Duty. I can shower, use the restroom, be up for no more than 30 minutes at a time, do light household chores like dust, and small loads of laundry.
Since when: 8/28/09
Reason: Bicornuate uterus and previous m/c. Since we are not sure how far my uterus will give we are taking precautions. Had to add GD to the mix a few weeks ago, joy.

Name: llggx2
EDD: 11/11/09 but the doctor talked like she would like to see me make it 4-5
Type of BR: after 4-5 more weeks and then maybe we can relax a little but that depends on how the rest of the blood work comes back.
Since when:
9/15/09
Reason: My mom had pre-e with me so this was no suprise but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen. I am hoping it just stays hypertension so I have more freedom. After reading the pre-e moms on the list I am a bit scared.

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Wednesday Check In!~~

• I am (to the best of my hospital bed resting ability) doing a rain dance. My DH works outside and it is raining now and he said if it looks like it is going to rain all day then he will just come to the hospital and hang out all day! Dreamy!

I get an ultrasound today... anxious to see how big my baby girl is and if she is still measuring ahead. Wondering if the SUA is going to have any effect on her growth. I think if we can get through this u/s with no growth restrcition, we are probably in the clear considering I only have 2 weeks left?

35 weeks today - the official date that if DD was born she would not be required to go to the NICU. A HUGE accomplishment!!!!  I am proud of Lauren and I and praying for the strength to make it 2 more weeks in this freaking hospital.....

QOTD: Ughh... I am struggling with a QOTD today... How about we talk about our families - Are your parents married? How many siblings do you have, where do you fall in line - does everyone get along... any disfunctional familiy stories?

My parents are married and are "grade school sweethearts". They were born 3 weeks apart, lived within a few miles of each other and went to school together. They were married at 19 and had 6 kids. Sounds pretty idealic but the marriage has it's ups and downs - as all do I guess but I strive to have a better marriage with better communication than my mom and dad... but it could also be a lot worse. I am the 3rd of 6. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. We are all very close and our children are close. I am very fortunate to have my sisters as my best friends.  I do not have a nice Jerry Springer disfunctional story... but give us time, I am sure eventually there will be something!!!!

Good days to all!

• Congrats on 35 weeks!!!!

No updates for me today.  I'm going to attempt to behave and stay laying down in bed or on the couch most of the day.  Evenings/Nights have been rough because I've been doing too much.  I'm hoping for a visit today from one of my friends, DH is on duty.

My mom and dad divorced when I was 5 or so.  Mom's been remarried twice (now divorced) and dad remarried once and is still married.  I am the only child of theirs but have 4 half siblings.  I am the oldest.  I have 1 sister, and 3 brothers, all significantly younger than I am.  The youngest is only 18.  I get along fine with my mom as long as we live far away from each other and don't get too personal.  My dad and step-mom and I have no contact at all, even though they live across town.  It's very hard to have a sibling relationship with my sister and brothers because they are so much younger than I am.  Most of the time it's like we aren't even related.  My parents have never done anything to promote any kind of unity between us, I was just usually the babysitter and was married with kids long before a couple of them were born.  It makes me sad and I hope that even with the age difference between Bella and her sisters and brothers there will be more of a feeling of belonging and love.

• Loading the player...
  • Wasn't sure if I was supposed to PM you or not but I'm okay with putting my info here.

Name: BrinaBfly (Sabrina)
    EDD: 11/20/09
    Type of BR: Modified, almost like Light Duty. I can shower, use the restroom, be up for no more than 30 minutes at a time, do light household chores like dust, and small loads of laundry.
    Since when: 8/28/09
    Reason: Bicornuate uterus and previous m/c. Since we are not sure how far my uterus will give we are taking precautions. Had to add GD to the mix a few weeks ago, joy.

QOTD My parents are still married and I have one younger brother. No crazy family stories here, but the IL's have some stories! Haha, but with DH being the oldest of 7, and the two youngest being twin boys in high school there is never a dull moment. They are great people though! Wouldn't trade them for anything.

• I guess add me to the list! I found out Monday that I am on modified bed rest for high blood pressure. So far no pre-e diagnosis but I did have trace amounts of protien in my urine. Doc drew blood and did 24 hour urine collection. She told me basicaly to stay home and rest as much as possible. I can do a very few things around the house, no lifting ect...

EDD 11/11/09 but the doctor talked like she would like to see me make it 4-5 more weeks and then maybe we can relax a little but that depends on how the rest of the blood work comes back.

My mom had pre-e with me so this was no suprize but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen. I am hoping it just stays hypertension so I have more freedom. After reading the pre-e moms on the list I am a bit scared.

QOTD:

My parents are highschool sweethearts and happily married. Disfunctional... boy o boy, my  1st cousin and his wife are getting a divorce because cousins wife was having an affair with another one of our 1st cousins. I didn't think that stuff really happend in real life. Also, my IL are nuts.

• Update: Cervix is still 0.8 with no contractions or sings of active labor. Doctor came in yesterday to discuss giving me a dose of Mag. Sulfate to reduce the risk of Cerebral Palsey should I deliver before 32 weeks. It's a new theory being tested nationally and has proven to reduce this risk by 50% percent!  The studies are done on women who are expected to give birth before 32 weeks. I'm not looking forward to the Mag., but anything to keep my babies healthy!!

QOTD: I am the oldest of 6. I have 5 younger brothers, two of which are twins. The youngest is 14 and just started high school, the others are 18, 19, 19, and 23. I'm 27. I LOVE my large family. Things are crazy, chaotic, and all together hilarious when we are all together. I wouldn't change it for the world.

• mrsjrmiller, congrats on 35wks, that's awesome!!!!

got my first baby shower gift in the mail yesterday...yay!  we got our sound machine for the nursery :)  otherwise, no updates....

QOTD: my mom and biological father got divorced when i was 2yo.  she got remarried to my "dad" a year or so later.  i do not have contact with my biological father and consider my "dad" to be my real dad, since he raised me my whole life.  I am the oldest of 4 children and have 2 sisters and a brother.  We are pretty close, but we don't get to see each other often because they live a state away from me.  Hm....no huge drama in my family, thank the lord for that! 

happy wednesday!

• Congrats Mrsjmiller on 35!  That is an awesome accomplishment! 

No new update today...I forgot to mention yesterday that during my ultrasound yesterday my baby literally turned from head down to transverse!!!! It was bizarre and the tech kept saying how unusual that was!  I figure it will be my luck that he will stay turned the wrong way because I have been fighting so hard to avoid a c-section!!!

My mom married my dad when she was 16!  I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the absurdity of that!  They were happily married for many years until my dad passed away.  When I was 10, my mom and stepdad married and they have been together 22 years!  They have a great marriage and I am so happy that my mom found love twice!  I am an only child so my family life is failry mellow.  When I married my husband, it took a while for me to adjust to his large family (4 siblings).  It seemed everyone is always in eachothers business but I love it now!  I am having my third baby so I guess my family dynamic whill be much more like my hubby's family!  Disfunctional family stories???? I have a cousin that is very mentally unstable...she has two kids that she has a hard time caring for but told us all at a family get together that she was going to be an egg donor to help other infertile couples (we all know she was thinking about what kind of money she could make)!  Her mom actually said outloud, "you are not going to subject anyone unsuspecting couple to your wacky genes!"  it was pretty funny! 

• Best update I have is that for the first time in LITERALLY atleast 6 weeks I slept for a full 6 hours last night....I was pretty highly medicated but after the way things have been the last few days running on no sleep, I had to do something. it was blissful....I'm still uncomfortable this morning, and dealing with some nausea but its all totally deal-with-able after having some decent sleep :) I go to the Dr. today for another FFN, Check & Sono to see if I have made any changes in the last week......we shall see.

QOTD: My parents divorced the day after my 13th bday LOL but they were always very low key about things...no major drama or anything. My dad is remarried to my AWESOME step mom who is actually only 8 years older than me (both of my parents are pretty young...my dad just turned 50 and my mom will be 45 in October...I will be 25 in october) LOL but she is great. My mom dated a guy for about 7 years, they lived together and he was pretty cool but they broke up a few years ago, now she is dating this Rockstar Guy (Hes in a pretty big band...not mentioning names but his band opened for the Kings of Leon a few times and he regularly plays at the House of Blues in Dallas) that is like 32 LOL hes cool though...we got lots of free concert tix LOL. I'm an only child....I was a bit of an "oops" baby, neither of my parents are really the parenting type I was raised mostly by my grandma and babysitters/nannys. We don't really have much family drama...we all keep to ourselves so theres not much to have drama over..............................DHs family on the other hand, I swear you could tape an entire SEASONS worth of Jerry Springer episodes on that family.....I'll just give one instance...his older sister has been dating a married man for 5 years, he is married with 4 children....one of those 4 children is my 2 year old nephew....she and my nephew live with my inlaws and the married "daddy" comes over whenever he can sneak away from his wife LOL....its insane. needless to say, I attempt to stay as far away from them as possible.

• Good morning all!  I actually feel pretty good today which is really making me want to get off of this couch!  My bps are still up a little but my labs came back good.  My protein actually dropped 200mgs.  I don't get it!  Miss Lilly is measuring 5lbs 4oz according to the growth scan yesterday.

QOTD:  My parents are still married and have been for 35 years.  They married when my mom was 18 and my dad was 20.  They have a very good marriage and I am very lucky to have been raised in that kind of environment.  I have a younger brother who I don't speak to - he lives in CA and is basically a giant donkey who only cares about himself.  My parents have actually given up on him as well.  It's too bad since he is my only sibling.  He doesn't even know he is going to be an uncle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Update:  Not much to tell.  Nifedipine every 4 hours seems to be doing the job.  No real side effects either.

I have been having them watch my blood sugar ( I think I mentioned my paranoia that I will switch to GD at any time since I had it before)- and it has been really good.  So, I am going to try to relax a bit with what I am eating and see if it stays good.   I guess I am thankful that I haven't had to do the GD thing this whole time, but to me, it pays to be prudent and keep checking it like I was at home.

Plan is still to go home on Saturday.

QOTD:

My parents met and married when I was almost 2 years old.  But- they don't know that I know that timeline.  It is some big secret I guess, but oh well.  I don't really care :)   My dad is great, and my mom and I aren't always close, but in recent years it has been better.

I think there are quite a few "Jerry Springer" stories I could tell, but I won't air them here- let's just say that I do not talk to my brother- and most of that started when I was hospitalized with my DD the first time.  He has made bad choices and treated my parents disrespectfully- it's not something I am going to forgive and forget real easily.  

It's just me and my brother- although really, I feel like an only child.  Wasn't always this way- we did lots of stuff as kids.  

DH is 1 of 3 kids, his parents met and married in their early 20's I think.  But thier extended family is small, where mine is big.  It took DH a long time to get used to that.  

The latest drama is the grandma's- they are really being goofy about talking to each other.  Both dislike the way the other one does things- and they get all weird about it.  Ugh- I wish someone would grow up.  I told my mom I am no longer playing monkey in the middle.  DH is so pissed about it all- oh well.  Someday... 

• Thank you for adding me!

As far as updates, I see my OB today so we'll find out if anything has changed.  My pain isn't any better so I'm not sure what this appointment will bring.  I will possibly be sent for another ultrasound on my leg to check on the blood clot and I am also going to ask about a CT scan to make sure I don't have any clots elsewhere.  I would feel much more comfortable knowing.

My parents divorced when I was about 15... BUT they are the best of friends.  It really is awesome.  My mom was remarried but divorced this year and my dad got remarried about 5-6 years ago or so.  I have a baby sister who is 4 from that marriage which is weird, but awesome at the same time. 

My family is very dysfunctional in a good way.  It's not abnormal for us all to be together in the same place at once, meaning my mom, dad, his wife, etc.  In fact my mom has everyone over at her house for dinner often and she talks to both my dad and my step mom quite a bit.  I will say that it's amazing that everyone gets along so well and it makes me so happy. 

Other than my baby half sister I have a sister who is a year older than me named Tara.  She's also on this site, and due just 2 days before me with a little boy.  SO exciting!

I have a handful of "step" siblings from my mom's recent marriage as well, some of which I still talk to and some that I do not.  But they were in my life for about 9-10 years so it's hard to just ignore that fact!

Yes, confusing.  Yes, dysfunctional in more ways than one.  But I wouldn't have it any other way!

• Congrats on making it to 35!!!! I am 35 weeks today too!

Went to the doc yesterday and NTS looks great. Nothing has change which makes me happy. So I'm still 2 cm. After doc apt I was so tired and had a lot more contractions, she said that would happen and that is why she didn't want to do an internal. I needed to know if my home bed rest was working so it was good for me to find out. After 36 weeks my Doc. said I could get up and around but stay on the turb, but she said it was my choice if i want to stay on bed rest. I will stay on bed rest for at least 4 more days after 36 weeks and then Doc. will take me off meds at 36w6d. If I make it to 37 weeks I will have an Oct. baby wooohooo!

• QOTD: Ughh... I am struggling with a QOTD today... How about we talk about our families - Are your parents married? How many siblings do you have, where do you fall in line - does everyone get along... any disfunctional familiy stories?

My parents are still freakishly in love. (They're in FL for their 42nd anniversary, actually.) They were high school sweethearts and got married before my dad shipped out for boot camp for the Marines. My brother was born, literally, nine months to the day after they got married.

My family is huge, nine boys and one girl (me!), so the running joke is that every time my Dad came home from a deployment he'd knock my mom up and nine months later they'd have another baby. There are: Adam, Bren, Clark & Devin, Jeff, Justin, Ryan, Eric & Evan, and me, Emily. B,C&D are triplets and E&E are twins. My mom is clearly supermom/insane. There is a pretty big gap between me and Adam though (18 years) so it's not like we were all stepping stones to the next one, there are some gaps.

I think our only disfunction is that all of my brothers are military and I married into it. It's weird.

• Congrats on 35 weeks mrsjmiller!!  So good to hear!! 

So last night DH and I headed to the hospital because my contractions started coming 1-4 minutes apart, and they were painful (when I went to the hospital and wound up with preterm labor, I didn't even feel the contractions).  We were freaked out, but ready to deal with whatever came to us... except we get there, and things look like labor on the monitor, and they checked me, and I was still 3 cm (like last week).  We spent the night there, and in the morning, after a night full of painful contractions (they eventually spaced out, but never went away-- I am still having them) nothing changed.

I am grateful that the baby is still where he needs to be.  I am grateful that we have made it to 34 weeks, which my OB reassured me is so great.  But I feel like I don't understand my body, what it is doing, when to go to the hospital, or what to expect from now on, and that is extremely draining.  My Mom came to the hospital in the morning so DH could head straight to work, and when she got me home and settled in, I just started bawling... I mean, I hadn't slept so that was part of the problem, but I am just feeling very, very frustrated.  I didn't even want to go to the hospital last night, but the contractions got so much stronger than last week (when I was in labor) that I thought I would be negligent not to go, and now part of me wishes we just stayed home, which I know is irrational.  The doctors assured me we are doing the right thing to come in, and that if I am there every week until we deliver, that is better than being sorry... but I really do NOT want to do that over and over (who would?), and I fear that hatred of the hospital could keep me from going now if I really need to.  I am wrapping my brain around the possibility of just contracting endlessly for the rest of this pregnancy.  I guess I just need to trust at this point that when the time is right to really go, I'll definitely know.

QOTD:

My parents are married still-- they were high school sweethearts and got married when my Mom graduated college.  I am the oldest of 4 girls (my Dad jokes he always wanted to be surrounded by beautiful women and God misunderstood him), and I have to say my family has a cheesy Little Women-esque nature to it... my sisters and I are all very, very close, and we all have a great relationship with our parents.  My Mom is pretty much my best friend... though that was not always the case, especially in early college.  DH's family life is extremely complicated so it does work out to have a certain balance with our family lives, and I know he takes refuge in my parents when things are hard with his family-- it makes me feel good to know he has support.  That being said, my family is full of extremely strong-willed people, and we have our share of LOUD arguments.  Luckily, we laugh and make-up and don't hold grudges when they're over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Today is my second day off of strict bed rest. Haven't noticed too many contractions (well, more than normal) so I got to do a little shopping yesterday and some light cleaning today. I feel like a new woman! Now my fear is that I will end up going past my due date which will make me pissed. I guess there is no pleasing me. I will complain if the baby gets here early and I will complain if it shows up fashionably late! The next full moon is 4 October so I will be outside basking in the moonlight trying to get labor started, lol!

QOTD: My parents are 8 years apart and have been married for over 25 years. I was a hell raiser growing up but now I get along with my parents really well, sometimes I have to remind my mom that while I enjoy her friendship I don't want to hear about domestic disputes with my dad! I only ever saw them fighting once when I was growing up which is crazy weird and so not normal- ha! I have a sister who is 2 years older than me who I do not speak to and a younger brother who is 2 years younger than me who I get along with just fine. I'm a typical middle child, heh heh heh.

Springer story? When we found out we were pregnant I told all my family immeaditely. My sisters response was "You shouldn't tell everyone because you will most likely miscarry." Yeah. I flipped my lid and somehow she turned my joyous moment into her drama because apparently she had a miscarriage when she was 18 and in college... also under 100 lbs due to eating disorders and a raging alcoholic so suddenly it was all about her. I will never forget or forgive what she said and she has always done crap like that. Just one example of why I don't talk to her, my child does not have an aunt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"