3rd Trimester

~November Ninjas Hump Day Check In~

Wanna be added? New here? This is a group for women expecting to have their baby in November. If you would like to join our group, please email me your information! My email address is holleich@aol.com. Please include your screen name, name, age and estimated due date, and gender if you know it.

NINJA BABY - If you would like the Ninja Baby for your siggy please put the following into your signature line. [img?] https://i41.tinypic.com/qovabt.jpg [/img?], be sure to remove the ?'s, otherwise it will not work. I have to type them in, otherwise the Ninja Baby would show up in the middle of the post!!

In the interest of shorter posts, I have made the November Mommies Due Date list a link! Please click on the link below to see the Due Date List.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgwmghtk_2c48bvngs

WEDNESDAY- 

QOTD - If you know it, have you emailed me your babies gender (holleich@aol.com, please include DUE DATE, screen name, and gender)?

How do you feel about spanking your children?

Me (Holly) - I personally hope to not have to spank my kids. My DH and I worked in a crisis shelter for abused and neglected kids and learned how to handle/raise/teach kids without having to physically discipline them. We hope to do the same. To each their own.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: ~November Ninjas Hump Day Check In~

• I think spanking should be a last resort. There are far more constructive ways to discipline a child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Eh, preferably not as a first response, but I don't want to say our child(ren) will never get a spanking. DH and I are balanced enough that I would hope we would never be one of "those" parents that beat their children or verbally/psychologically abuse them.

I butt whooping will be involved if a stranger comes up to my child and lays a hand on them, I promise you that!

Meaning the stranger gets the whipping, not my child.

• Loading the player...
  • i of course would prefer never to spank my kids, i have also seen what abuse does to kids. that being said, i have worked with kids under 4 for the last 10 years in day care and a spank may not have been the worst thing. as long as it's a tap on the bum or something like that and the reasons are well known and it doesn't happen often.

sometimes that is the only way for a parent to make the point known, especially if everything else hasn't worked.My parents spanked me twice in my entire life and i can tell you now, i deserved it and it taught me one hell of a lesson.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hope to not have to spank my child, and if I do it will be with my hand and not with a belt, or some other such item. I don't look down on people who do, I just don't like the idea of it in general, but I'm open to it since this is my first child and I don't really know how things will work out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • I am pro-spanking. Not that I am a huge advocate, but I don't see an issue with a swat on the fanny for a naughty child.
  • I think there are far more effective ways to correct a child.  Don't get me wrong, my children will be disciplined and well behaved, but I don't plan on using spanking as a part of that.  DD will be 5 in two weeks. I have never spanked her and I have had so many compliments on how well behaved and well mannered she is.  I am hoping this LO will be the same.
  • It's not something I think any of us want to do or even see other parents do on a regular basis.  I am not, however, ruling out a pop on the backside as a reminder that while I do not mean to cause any traumatic memories for my child, I also expect him to understand he is being warned and I am in charge around here.  I remember when I was a child in my part of the country (the south)  it wasn't unheard of to see a misbehaving child at a store or restaurant taken to the restroom by mom for a "talking to."  In my case, in particular, I acted up at a restaurant, and I remember deliberately doing it and getting a warning by my mother, which was a snap of her finger and a point in my direction.  Having been spanked before, I knew I didn't want it again and shut right up.  She didn't spank me all the time or for trivial stuff, but the ones I got usually set me right and I didn't repeat what it was that got me one.    I don't plan on doing that, but I want my child to remember what behavior is acceptable and if it isn't what the implied punishment could be, even if I don't actually spank him.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would like to hope that we will not ever have to, but I am not against a tap on the rear end...especially when they're still in diapers since it's the noise that scares them, not any pain.   
  • I hope it doesn't come to it, but I'm not against giving my child a swat on the butt if she doesn't listen or is completely disobeying me or my DH. Spanking will be used as a last resort in our house. There are plenty of other ways to discipline a child without laying a hand on him/her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think spanking is unnecessary. There are many other ways to get your children to act and behave in the right way.
  • I think using spanking occasionally as a last resort when your children are still young (not teenagers) is fine.  But Spanking should never be done in anger, and people with a history of violence should not use it.  I just think sometimes toddlers need a little something to get their attention and tell them that their behavior is not acceptable.  In most cases I think other disipline can be more effective

• P.S.

Holly, you have a beautiful belly!  I envy your lack of stretch marks.

• My grandmother was abused, I've worked for years doing domestic violence work, and I am simply not ever comfortable with the idea of using any form of corporal punishment.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"