3rd Trimester
Options

38 Week Appt! First Internal! OMG!

40+ weekers please dont hate me!!

So I had my first internal today at 38wk/1day, I have been saying since last week I am scared to go because they are going to tell me im like 4cm dialated or something, and it's my boyfriends birthday today.

IM 4CM DIALATED!!! OMG!! 70% effaced, and she is at -2 station!

The dr. could not believe that I havent been having contractions, I think she was trying to decide whether to send me to the hospital or not, but she said since im not have contractions then to go home but if I start having them even 7 minutes apart for an hour to go straight to the hospital.

The baby's bag is packed, mine is half done, so now I need to do laundry cause this could happen at anytime.  As much as I want her to hold on for 2 more weeks I dont think its going to happen. 

Re: 38 Week Appt! First Internal! OMG!

• Options
    exciting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How exciting!! Keep us posted on your progress! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Very exciting!  You may be having contractions and not noticing them.

I did have a friend who was 4cm dilated for 3 weeks though, so don't get your hopes up too high or you'll drive yourself crazy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good luck!  I've heard of people stalling even when they are 4cm and effaced.  I will keep my fingers crossed that doesn't happen to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nice!  I was 3+ cm at 37 1/2 weeks with DS.  I delivered at 38 weeks 1 day.  Maybe you don't have much time left!  Hope baby comes soon for you!
  • Options

imageAMYfromKY:
    Good luck!  I've heard of people stalling even when they are 4cm and effaced.  I will keep my fingers crossed that doesn't happen to you!

I'd be okay if she held out until my due date! Its so weird that im not feeling extra pressure or anything!  I was really really hoping for an October baby, so we'll see. 

• Options
    ohh thats exciting.. good luck!
  • Options
    OH my!! Good Luck thats soo exciting!! I wish I was at that point!!
  • Options
    very exciting!  good luck!
  • Options
    imageTwistedpixie7@aol.com:

40+ weekers please dont hate me!!

So I had my first internal today at 38wk/1day, I have been saying since last week I am scared to go because they are going to tell me im like 4cm dialated or something, and it's my boyfriends birthday today.

IM 4CM DIALATED!!! OMG!! 70% effaced, and she is at -2 station!

The dr. could not believe that I havent been having contractions, I think she was trying to decide whether to send me to the hospital or not, but she said since im not have contractions then to go home but if I start having them even 7 minutes apart for an hour to go straight to the hospital.

The baby's bag is packed, mine is half done, so now I need to do laundry cause this could happen at anytime.  As much as I want her to hold on for 2 more weeks I dont think its going to happen. 

Just a warning that I was at that same place at 36 weeks and I'm still here.  Just don't want you to be disappointed!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bet ur excited! I hope that happens to me at my appt today, I need some progress.  Last week I was at 3cm 60% effaced, no contractions either though so I'll probably still be the same, like I have been for the last 2 weeks.  Let us know if anything happens!
  • Options
    I soooo hope my 38 week appointment tomorrow turns out the same!  I am soooo ready to birth this child but I am willing to bet she will make me go over 40 weeks Crying

• Options
    Just don't get yourself TOO worked up.  I was 4cm 70% for 3+ weeks!  Every time I went into the office they would say "See you tonight!".  :)  GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"