3rd Trimester

marital problems while pregnant

please tell me i'm not the only one

you so don't have to go into details, but it's like you would think this would be a wonderful time in your life, but it's so not that way...

just having a little pitty party

at least i see my therapist tonight Sleep

Re: marital problems while pregnant

• We've had some bumps in the road, I think mostly b/c of me being super hormonal, but nothing too serious. I hope things look up for you soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is us exactly!!! I was a single parent with my other 2, so I thought this time being married would be so different...in alot of ways its the same! ugh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Pregnancy can induce a lot of stress on a relationship.  A new baby can bring on even more stress.  I hope things work out and start looking up better before the baby arrives so you both can concentrate on the new baby and new family. 

Stay strong and work together.  Good luck.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i'm not married, but my SO and i have had some issues too. mostly in the beginning when we were trying to plan everything out and when i was super hormonal. 

i think a little disputing is good in a healthy relationship. it shows that your care enough to fight about it :) 

• Our relationship is going well overall. However, we have had some hormone-related bumps over the last few months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMelissaAB5579:
    We've had some bumps in the road, I think mostly b/c of me being super hormonal, but nothing too serious. I hope things look up for you soon!

Ditto,  DH and I had a blow out this weekend because I was upset we don't hang out w/any of our friends and it feels like we have no life.  His response was pretty much..."Yeah, Duh, your pregnant."  I already think back about how stupid it was, but I was seriously upset at the time. 

• theres been numerous times Ive debated packing up and going to my sister's. But then he does something very nice for me, or I get a good night sleep, and I feel compltely different the next day. I dont know your history, but for me, its mostly hormonal.

Ive got a month left and my DH is JUST NOW starting to realize Im not as capable at doing things as I used to be, which has been extremely frustrating. It took him this long to do a load of laundry and a load or 2 of dishes. But seeing how excited he is now about being a daddy, its all worth it. 

I really hope things work out for you, hang in there! 

• imageAggieDee:

Pregnancy can induce a lot of stress on a relationship.  A new baby can bring on even more stress.  I hope things work out and start looking up better before the baby arrives so you both can concentrate on the new baby and new family. 

Stay strong and work together.  Good luck.

I love that picture with the letters showing the age of your boy..so cute!!

• Well i am not married but there has definately been some issues and mostly because i am overly emotional and nothing he does is enough.
  • Yeah. Basically I'm a psycho, I hate it.

Also super stressed about money stuff... I mean does he really need to go out to lunch and stop at a gas station for a coke 3 times a day? I'm cutting back as much as I can and putting half my pay check into savings... I take care of all the bills so he doesn't realize what he spends and it's ANNOYING lol.

• We're having disagreements about a few baby issues.  So, instead of talking about them, we avoid them. 

I think it's just a very stressful time.  Hope your therapist provides some input.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There have been changes we've had to adjust to since I've been pregnant that have been a little stressful (like me not being "in the mood"...ever) but we knew when we got into this that things would be different.?

That being said, he has been absolutely wonderful about everything and we're more in love than ever. I hope things work out for you.?

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• You are not alone. We're having our rough spots too.. With my being pregnant and irrational, having a 2.5 year old AND we are at the last stages of building a house (which dh puts a lot of work into), we are on stress and cranky overload!!!!!!!!
  • You're not alone. My DH and I are going through (what I hope is just) a rough patch of our own right now.
  • Everything was fine up until the fourth of July weekend, at which time we had some major family drama (husband got into it with my dad and sister) and that created all kinds of stress and we went to a couple of counseling appointments to talk about it. Nothing got resolved - he and I are fine with each other but he still hasn't spoken with my dad or my sister since. Sad
  • We aren't having any problems now - but AFTER we had our first baby was rough - we were never a couple that had big fights - and at 3 am with a screaming new born we had MANY - so I suggest you really start working some things out now because it , in my experience,  DOES NOT get better once the baby comes .
  • imagenickihines:

Yeah. Basically I'm a psycho, I hate it.

Also super stressed about money stuff... I mean does he really need to go out to lunch and stop at a gas station for a coke 3 times a day? I'm cutting back as much as I can and putting half my pay check into savings... I take care of all the bills so he doesn't realize what he spends and it's ANNOYING lol.

That was totally us. DH just couldn't understand how all his little impulse purchases add up. Thankfully, I think he's starting to get the point.

• For us, it's been same ole' problems, just a different day. We were going to some intensive counseling but it seems like there's been tons of stuff going on with the baby coming and my hubby's schedule at work has gotten crazy out of control...Hopefully we'll be able to start going back a couple of weeks after she comes...Which reminds me, I need to call our counselor...

• We've deff had some bumps along the way! Especially earlier, even though everything was planned, it just seemed to overwhelm both of us! My DH doesn't deal with stress well and he didn't want to talk to me about it in fear that he would give me stress! Anyway talking about everything is much better! I was hoping for the pregnancy to being us closer and in some ways it has and I'm sure once LO gets here things will get smoother for us! GL with everything!
  • I'm sorry you are having some problems.  As you can see, lots of us are.  It's great that you are seeing a therapist.  I have been thinking of seeing one myself and should probably make an appointment soon.  

Our problems are basically the ones that we've always had, but being pregnant just makes them worse.  Plus, before I was pregnant, I would be able to do things that I wanted to cope, like have a drink, or go on a trip or just lay around drinking coffee and eating crap.  But now, even when I'm depressed, I try to eat healthy and exercise.  

Some days, I just wish I could take the baby out, just for a day, and then put him back in.  *sigh*  Or I wish my husband could take over for a little while.  Maybe he would understand how i feel. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"