3rd Trimester
Options

GBS+ = No Membrane Strippage...

...She would have done it today, but because I'm Group B Strep positive, she didn't want to risk infection. Upside: If baby girl doesn't make her entrance by next Friday, I'm getting induced. Yay! There's a light at the end of the tunnel...uh...no...pun...intended?

Re: GBS+ = No Membrane Strippage...

• Options

I'm sure that if I was overdue, she would have done it. It's kind of nice though, knowing an end is in sight. And I'm sure that we had it scheduled for a couple of reasons. 1: She'll be on-duty/on-call at the hospital that day 2: If she's on-call, she'll also to my tubal ligation while I'm in the hospital. 3: She scheduled for 10 in the morning, and since it's just an induction, not a c-section, I get to eat breakfast!

• Options
    My OB did it with #2 exactly because I was GBS+.  I had a super fast labor with #1 and we were hoping it would jump start labor while I was already at the hospital (OB's office was in the hospital).  It worked and I was able to immediately start the antibiotics. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wait...if you're GBS+ then OB's generally won't strip until you're overdue?
  • Options
    I'm GBS+ and being stripped today at 38 weeks.
  • Options

Okay, so I should have premised that post with the fact that I had a MAJOR Strep A blood infection when I found out I was pregnant with her...so I think because of my history and because my pregnancy was semi-high risk

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"