High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bed Rest Mama's Friday Check In!!~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

QOTD: I cannot think of a question... so tell us an amusing story... I really want to laugh!

Name: mrst1014 (Meagen)
EDD: Sept. 22, 2009 (God Willing)
Type of BR:  Strict, just get to go to the bathroom, shower ever other day, but I have to use a shower seat.
Since when: 8 weeks (2/13)
Reason: It started with a SCH. At 14 weeks I had massive bleeding and needed two blood transfusions. I also have partial placenta abruption.

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments... 9/02/09 - Hospital bed rest till Lauren is here... :(
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name: kadyra (Andrea)
EDD: September 13th
Type of Bedrest: Strict until 28 weeks, modified from 28 weeks until...
Since when: 25weeks 6days (June 6)
Reason: Placental abruption, IUGR, preterm contractions, and severe dyspnea of pregnancy (sometimes requiring 02)

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name:  sunandsand
EDD: by LMP its 9/14/09, will be induced 2 wks before that
Type of BR: Can shower, get up to pee, microwave a meal, drive myself to appts
Since when: July 22
Reason: PIH, swelling, h/a, RUQ pain, contractions

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Carrie (cagreeran)
EDD: Sept. 11
Type of BR: Modified (can walk around the house a little, bathroom, shower, make quick meal, not allowed to go up and down stairs more then 3 times a day)
Since when: July 27 (33w4d)
Reason: Intense BH Contractions the night of July 27. Went to Hsp. next morning was put on the monitor was having more then 6 an hour. Two shots to relax my uterus and was sent home on bedrest.

Name: Angeline924
EDD: 11/28
Type of BR: strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when:  7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  Sara (Fusonies)
EDD: November 9, 2009 (?Oct 9th due to twins)
Type of BR: Bathroom and showers only.
Since when:
July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  Hospitalized at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix and had a rescue cerclage.  Rec'd steroids at 24 weeks.  Weekly progesterone injections and doc visits.  U/s every 2 weeks.  Expecting twins after 4 yrs of trying and 2 IVF cycles.

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: MaggieB79 (Maggie)
EDD: October 30th
Type: STRICT
Since: 8/19
Reason: Pre-eclampsia.  Went from doing just fine to severe swelling, rapid weight gain, headache and high BP in 2 short days.  2 days of modified bed rest turned into strict bed rest indefinitely...

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Name: brettszy (Brett)
EDD: Nov. 14th
Type of BR:  Strict, bathroom privileges, shower every few days
Since when: modified beginning Jun 15th (18 weeks)  strict starting July 13th (22 weeks)
Reason: Previous pre-term labor and delivery - had my son at 31 weeks, short cervix - has been as short as 0.97, current PTL

Name: egankn (Kelly)
EDD:  October 10th
Since when: 33.5 Weeks
Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

Name: 2soontob3jsmomma
EDD: December 6
Type of Bedrest: Strict until delivery
Since when: Sept. 2 ------- 26 weeks and 3 days
Reason: pregnancy induced hypertension and hyperglycemia

Name: Felisha (fisha25)
EDD: 2/03/2010
Type of BR: Strict. Shower, bathroom, food, then back to bed.
Since when:  7/21/09 at 12 weeks
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma found under my placenta at 7weeks. I bleed almost every day, normally fresh blood, but the clot isn't getting any smaller-only bigger. Dr. seems worried placenta abruption may be inevitable.  

Name: Kristy (go dux)
EDD: 10/16/09
Type of BR:
Modified bedrest
Since when:  9/4/09
Reason: Went into L&D after having continuous contractions while at work.  Contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes, not stopping after 2 doses of trebutaline (sp?) and another type of medicine.

Name: Amanda (allinduetime)
EDD: 11/19/2009
Type of BR:
modified
Reason:
  twin pregnancy and + FFN.  went into L&D with contractions every 3-5 mins apart, gave two doses of brethine which knocked them out.  sent up to floor for observation but 24 hours later contractions returned, so was kept another 48 hours and d/c home on bedrest and procardia.

Name: lowhedges Lydia, EXPECTING TRIPLETS!!!!
EDD: ?
Type of BR: ?
Since when: 9/2
Reason: shortening cervix.  I've been lurking as I was placed on b/r at 22 weeks for 1 week and then allowed to return to work for 2 weeks.

Name: kittenxkisses(Shea)
EDD:
10/21
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom priv. & shower privleges EOD.
Since When: 
8/26 at 32 weeks
Reason
: Was in hospital for 2 weeks for PTL, shortening cervix, dilated to 1.5-2, + FFN. Put on magnesium for 2 days and got Steroid shots. Then got off mag and on trbutaline every 4 hours.

Name: Events by Shelly (Shelly)
EDD: 11/08 (Induction scheduled for 10/26...most likely will deliver between 10/8-10/15)
Type:
Modified BR, Allowed 15 mins of "up" time for every hour awake. all "up" time must be followed by 15 mins of horizontal rest. Strict Pelvic Rest. 1 round trip upstairs/downstairs, Can drive myself to pick up DD from school once daily (DH has to take her) and can drive to dr appts only.
Since When: 9/10

Reason
: Previous history of PTL, delivered DD at 34wks 5 days. Admitted to hospital on 9/8 for Contractions, dilated to 2, thinning of cervical wall, baby is head down & engaged, regular contractions at 3 mins apart. was in hospital for 1 day for monitoring, given Terbutaline to stop contractions and sent home on BR. Must go back to dr. twice weekly for monitoring, sono, FFN (weekly). Fingers crossed we make it to 35 weeks!!

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Friday Check In!!~~

• No update. Everything is good and I feel bad for wishing it wasn't. I told my hubby this morning that I was ready for things to take a turn for the worse and have a baby next week at 35 weeks. He scolded me and told me I needed to take it back... I took it back but I am not sure I meant it.

DH and DS took a well needed break from visiting me yesterday. My sisters came instead. Yesterday was the first time since bringing DS home from the nicu that I did not see him. DH sent me a video though.... It hurt my heart..... I cannot wait to get my hands on that booger today!!! I am not looking forward to the weekend. The days seem longer and tougher for my hubs when he has Ethan all day....

QOTD: I posted my funny story about the hospital food yesterday... The other thing funny is that I wear my own clothes here in the hospital and I instructed DH to bring me a few other things. Not sure why, but he brought me a dress.... Not a dressy dress, just a knit dress that I was wearing before bed rest. When I saw it I was like aww babe, do you want me to get dressed up for you while I am in the hospital... I sent it back home with him. Last night, while the nurse was listening to the baby's heart beat my sister said - Oh, I heard about Randy bringing you a dress.... what kind of dress was it?  For some reason I told her it was a fancy secquin number, then I got the image of me sitting in this hosp bed wearing a secquin dress and started laughing soooo hard. The heart beat monitor was going crazy... the nurse was laughing too... It was silly and random.... I told my sisters I was going to get dressed up and go down to the chapel for service on Sunday.

• I have an NST this morning in about an hour....nothing abnormal, just one of the two I have every week.  Actually praying that next week brings the last of all my Dr's appt and Sprout arrives sooner than later, I really don't want to be induced!!

I don't really have any funny stories to tell.....it's rainy and cloudy here in Boston, I slept like shinola last night and to tell you the truth I am very crabby today Sad  Not really sure why!!  The funniest I can get is all the worry about my cervix getting shorter and shorter, bedrest for 18 weeks, the cerclage being taken out over two weeks ago and my restrictions being lifted have resulted in 1.5cm dilated and only 50% effaced....I know I shouldn't complain as things have been a miracle where I'm concerned...even all the Dr's have been amazed at the outcome of my ordeal....so I try and laugh that as much as this baby wanted out at 18wks I must have made it extra comfy in there, for h/she isn't budging!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

• Loading the player...
  • Celebrating today that me and Baby Jude have made it to 34 weeks!  I am so glad to have made it this far!  My doctor said that once we made it to 34 weeks, anything after that was a bonus!  Nothing new to report.  My daughter has her first soccer game tomorrow and I absolutely hate that I can't go!  My husband also had a vasectomy yesterday so we are hanging out on bedrest together today!  My in laws are still here holding down the fort! 

QOTD:  I am racking my brain trying to think of a funny story to share!  The only thing I can think of at the moment is that my little guy (23 months) heard my mom call my husband by his first name, Craig.  My little guy looked a little perplexed and then started laughing.  He kept running up to him and saying "daddy" then laughing and then saying "Craig!"  So for the past two weeks, all he has called him is Craig!  Then started mothers day out last week and the teacher asked my mom my husbands name was Craig because Jake kept asking for "Craig!"  I thought that was pretty funny!

On another note, at my doctors appointment this week my doctor told me to think about whether I would want a tubal if I had to have a c-section.  I told her that of course I did and she could go ahead and write that down in my chart....Then I told her that my husband was schedruled for a vascetomy this week and if I didn't have a c-section that I was for sure going to have the essure tubal procedure done!  She thought I was kidding!  When I reminded her that she was talking to the patient who concieved on the 99.9% effective Mirena IUD she started to agree that double sterilization might not be such a bad idea!  Weboth had a good laugh!

• No update for me today.  And no funny story either.  I've had a bad 24 hours with almost constant contractions.  I haven't slept since yesterday so I'm exhausted.  And today being 9/11 is hard for me... my husband is a firefighter so it hits close to home.

I'm just feeling the strain and a bit sad today.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  I get a field trip to my son's football game followed by my baby shower.

• JennandJT- It always blows my mind for you ladies that work for hard to keep the baby in and then when you are beyond ready, the baby is stubborn!  I hope things progess for you soon and you will not have to be induced!

Karmanmsw - 34 weeks!!!!!!!! WAHOOO!  I am so excited for you. I cracked up about your double sterilization and I do not blame you. I have been hounding my docs to sign the tubal papers since 22 weeks! I read a post on here that tubals can "easily" be performed even after vag birth... but I have no idea about that!

JennRN -Ohh, my heart is sad for you today. I can imagine that 9/11 is tough, given your DH the firefighter. On top of that being exhausted - I hate it for you. I hope today is a better day but a shower tomorrow should be soooo much fun!!!! I will think positive thoughts for you.

We are all getting there!  Hang tough ladies!

• Pretty crampy today but other than that I'm taking it super easy because I have a gut feeling I'm trying to go into active labor. Dangit!

QOTD: 3 years ago while DH and I were still living in TN we were in school and really thought we didn't want children. I took my birth control religiously and was happy with our family. I had not been diagnoised with Celiac yet but was on the way to that diagnosis and was seeing this fantastic internal medicine doctor straight out of medical school. I came in for a follow up on some test results and popped in while the nurse was taking my blood pressure. He sat down and told me congratulations because we were pregnant! My jaw dropped and the nurse started cracking up because my pulse rate and blood pressure sky rocketed. She looked at the chart and chewed him out that he had grabbed the wrong persons chart! I about had a heart attack and even at the end of the appointment my vitals were high so I didn't get measured that trip. Whoops!

• I am happy for tomorrow because it's my birthday! My mom and dad are going to bring me Outback and an ice cream cake. I am sad for sunday because that was going to be my baby shower day and had to be cancelled. I have been trying to stay positive but it just freaking sucks that it's cancelled. Hopefully she stays put and I can have a shower when I get off of bed rest in 2 weeks.
  • Update: Went to see the doctor yesterday about an external version and LO had turned head down! BP was still running high but not high enough to send me back to the hospital so I wait until wednesday to see my regular MW now....

Amusing story? Ummm....

I guess I screwed over my work pretty good by going on bed rest. My boss is super mean and is always moving people around in the office for "fun" though everyone hates it, nobody is trained enough to do their job before being switched again and she also moves people's desks every 2-3 months which we all hate as well. We had a meeting 2 days before I went on bed rest and I asked if she had decided a back up for me since Sept 30th is year end (where we work 60hrs/wk) and if something happened early no one had a clue what to do with my work and she said they'd talk about it soon. Well, 2 days later became soon and my boss totally freaked out! Serves her right though, she really thought I'd work 60hr work weeks up until I was due?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Update:  Got to move to antepartum unit- bigger room with fridge, microwave and tv/dvd, etc.  Got to take a shower- now I no longer scare small children!!  Kind of tired today.  Still having some contractions, but mostly fine.  The Magnesium isn't hitting me too hard- except for the weakness and an occasional headache.  I have been nauseated too- but still hungry.  DAng Mag.

QOTD:  Last PG, when I was in on hospital bedrest- I needed to shave my legs and at least some of my privvies, but could not bend over without contracting, etc.  Let alone see....

So- DH took it upon himself to come into bathroom where I was showering- and help.  He shaved all sorts of things.  We had a talk about how no one must know that this occurred, etc- like it was a really crazy thing.  Well- I just thought I was the only woman ever with nasty jungle growth hair.  His statement- to which I had agreed- "We speak of this to no one!".  Then I learned- I am not the only one.  Now we giggle about it- and I am hoping he will do the same for me again.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"