3rd Trimester

Cramping after internal

I just had an internal done at my 39 week appointment. And I've been feeling really crampy ever since. Is this normal? I'm still not sure what contractions feel like since apparently I've been having them (when hooked to the monitor) and don't notice them. So I'm worried I may mistake cramping for contractions.

Re: Cramping after internal

• cramping and spotting are normal after internals. Hopefully the cramping will get things jumpstarted for you and will turn into the real deal. GL!
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • I have felt crampy after all of my internals.  My doc always says its normal. Feel better :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, when you get "messed" with, especially your cervix, at this time in your pregnancy, it could start to release some of the prostaglandins that trigger labor, according to my reading. Who knows, it may trigger YOUR labor! Look up in your pregnancy books or here on thebump.com to see what contractions feel like, because usually when they get started, it does feel like menstrual cramps! Best of luck! :)
  • Yep, I had my first one yesterday and was slightly crampy after and had some spotting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"