1st Trimester

Loss of Peripheral Vision

So, I am 8 weeks and two days pregnant. I just ate lunch and lost my right peripheral vision and had trouble seeing after eating.  I had this issue when pregnant with my last child but not until the end of my pregnancy.  They didn't really explain the issue but took me off work the two days before being induced to rest.  I have blood pressure issues...or have in the past...and like I said...I had just eaten when this happened and it scared me.  I have my first Dr's appt today at 2:45 (have to be there at 2:15) so I guess we will see what the Dr. says but for the mean time I am now worried. 

Feedback?  Thoughts?

I should add the vision is pretty much normal now.

Re: Loss of Peripheral Vision

• You should seek professional medical advice for this... having said that- sometimes I lose my vision completely, and I think it's due to low iron levels. But you should talk to your Dr.!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I sometimes kind of lose my vision and FOR ME they told me it's low blood pressure. Also, it was mostly after sudden movement (ie getting up too fast) only your dr can tell for sure why it's happening.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with the other posters that you should visit your doctor.  I have a prolactinoma (pituitary tumor) and am being monitored closely for loss of peripheral vision during my pregnancy because in my case it would be a sign that my tumor is growing and pushing on my optical nerve -- a risk for me during pregnancy.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call your doctor.  This may actually require a trip to the ER.
  • I agree that you should definitely ask a doctor about it, but it could also be an eye migraine (basically the eye signs without a headache).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I used to get that before a migraine would hit.  But it was always accompanied with a migraine, not ever on its own.
    imageimageimage
  • imageAngelKT:
    I sometimes kind of lose my vision and FOR ME they told me it's low blood pressure. Also, it was mostly after sudden movement (ie getting up too fast) only your dr can tell for sure why it's happening.

I was just going to ask how is your blood pressure?  If it is low try increasing your fluid intake and see how you do.  Good luck and let us know how you do. 

• Hey all thanks for all the posts...even though some kinda scared me a bit...BUT just an update I did see the Dr that day for my first visit anyways and they checked my blood sugar and all was good there but my BP was a tad high but I am thinking of the eye migraine issue that was mentioned...because I got a HORRIBLE headache following the vision issue.  I haven't had migraines in years but when I used to that is what would happen...loss of vision.  So, it could just be the hormones and a form of migraines.  Regardless, they said just to up my protein and let them know if it happens again...all looks good so at this point they were not OVERLY concerned about the issue since nothing else was going on.  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"