High-Risk Pregnancy

Biggest Temptations while on Bed Rest

Anytime I watch those clean house/sweep shows I literally have to dig my heels into the couch to not get up and clean the house. What are the shows you watch or the internet sites you visit that make it super hard to stick to bed rest?

Watching food network doesn't help much either. I get sucked into Paula Deen and suddenly I have an urge to make a big old fashioned home cookin' meal from scratch when really I shouldn't be up longer than it takes to pour a bowl of cereal. D'oh!

Re: Biggest Temptations while on Bed Rest

• I got sucked into Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes and Amazing Wedding Cakes and had urges to make fancy, elaborate cakes... I am sure I would not be good at it but always wanted to try....or just wanted to eat lots of cake!
  • I love cake boss! It's one of my new favorite shows (we got cable the week I went on bed rest) and it sucks because I have the double whammy of bed rest AND gestational diabetes. *sigh*
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a double whammy.... So sorry!!!!! Cake boss is fun and I have seen another show called ultimate cake off too - but not loving it - the cakes they are expecting them to make are too big that they become tacky...
  • imagemrsjrmiller:
    I got sucked into Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes and Amazing Wedding Cakes and had urges to make fancy, elaborate cakes... I am sure I would not be good at it but always wanted to try....or just wanted to eat lots of cake!

I haven't watched this, but fancy cooking is calling my name too.  I wanted to make jam and tomato sauce this summer.  Friends of mine are making plans to get together and can things, and I can't go.  I am dying to get up off this goldang couch and make a really elaborate meal, something with fresh produce (I want to drive to a farmstand 40 miles from here to pick some of it myself), and challenging components.  And a triple-layer chocolate cake for dessert.  (And then, when I've had some time to digest, I quite frankly want the sex that a grateful man offers up in exchange for an incredible meal and triple-layer chocolate cake.) 

(Also, FWIW, I have this book called "Sky High Cakes" - triple layer and wedding cake recipes - and with good instructions, it's not that hard.  You can totally do it.   Except not in <5 minutes on your feet, and that's no help to the GD crowd...)

The bit that's really killing me, though, is that I can't run around with my son.  

• THIS!  I love to cook and being on BR has put a definite stop to that for awhile.  Cooking is actually relaxing and soothing to me so I try to convince myself that it might do me some good, but I resist the urge.

Also, being this pregnant I have some SERIOUS nesting urges going on and it sucks not being able to clean and organize like I want to.  I must admit that I dusted the living room really quickly the other day while no one was home just because I could not stand it any more.  Bad of me, I know, but DH has been doing everything around here and I just could not bring myself to ask another thing of him.  I didn't take even 10 minutes to do it and I felt better afterwards.  I know, shame on me! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"