High-Risk Pregnancy

Update on Me...

For any of you that have been on here a while, or even a short time (since I am on here all the time...) you may know that I have been fighting off pre-e, successfully thus far with with almost 11 weeks of bed rest.... but today pre-e has officially caught up to me. I was in L&D on Mon cause my doc did not like my BP and I had 1+ in the dip. But on Monday blood work checked out fine.... Yesterday I started a 24 hr UA and felt "off" last night. I had an NST scheduled first thing this morning, otherwise I probably would have showed up at L&D about 4am. Lauren, my baby, looked great in the NST but the dr was worried about my BPs and headaches. She put me in triage to get my bloodwork results and 24 hr back. Came back as pre-e. Protein was only 384mg, which is soooo mild. But my platelets dropped a good bit from Mon to Thurs. She said it is mild pre e now but given how fast I went south with Ethan, she wanted to keep a watch. I got my first steroid shot today and will get another tomorrow. If I follow the same course as with Ethan, I will be here till I have a baby - but she said the biggest difference is we caught it early... last time when I crossed over into pre-e, it was already severe. So I am holding out hope. Dr said we will have a baby at 37 weeks, if we can get there. She would not push me a day over that.  That is 4 weeks from yesterday... I feel doubtful that I will get there but who knows!! I know some would be devastated to have a 34-35 weeker, but I am okay with that.... I am proud of Lauren and I for making it this far... I am proud of Ethan and my hubs for holding down the fort with almost 11 weeks of bed rest so far....  Anyway, wanted to give you guys an update and ask for thoughts and prayers. 

TIA!

Re: Update on Me...

• Good luck!!  Great job keeping your pregnancy healthy; 11 weeks of bedrest is HARD work.

Good thoughts coming your way to make it another 4 weeks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry to hear that things have a taken a turn...I've been rooting for you (slently as a lurker on here) and I hope you and Lauren make it as long as you can.  Hang in there and hopefully your dr is right and catching it early will make a big difference.  T&P coming your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thoughts and Prayers to you!!!
  • I'm sorry things are starting to look not so great.  You have done an awesome job--33 weeks is pretty impressive.  The NICU stay around 34 weeks isn't that bad--still not fun to leave the baby in the hospital, but it's fairly short.  I hope the pre-e doesn't progress, though.
  • Thoughts and prayers coming your way. You've done an amazing job so far keeping yourself and your little one healthy - I have faith you can keep it up just a little longer. Hang in there!
  • I have been checking back on this board specifically to see how you have done.  GREAT JOB!!!  making it as long as you did.  I have been pulling for you all along, I will keep praying.
  • Best of luck for you and your little one :)
  • Thanks so much!!! I am so grateful for this board and that we can all support each other!  It means so much to have your thoughts and prayers!
  • I am bummed to hear things took a turn for you!  You have done a great job getting to this point though and it sounds like your doc is awesome and you are in good hands!  I will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you make it a little further! 
  • I got your email on FB and replied. ?It was funny because I had received it just as I was sitting down to send you a check up email and there you were with your update.

It has been a long road and now it seems that things are getting close to you holding Lauren. ?Whether it is next week, or at your 37th week, I know that things will be great with Lauren. ?You have worked really hard to keep her baking for as long as you can. ?

Home bed rest is no cake walk, but hospital bed rest may just be a little more yucky (I was thankful that I didn't have to go that route myself), but the good news is that they caught the pre-e early and that you will be in the hospital with constant monitoring and in good hands. ?It will be over before you know it. ?

Here's to another 4 weeks! ?We're thinking of you over here and sending you the very best wishes!

Mell?

• Thoughts and prayers with you.  I do read your posts frequently since I had my freak out about my BP at 14 weeks.  God can do amazing things so hang in there!!
  • Sorry that you've taken the turn, but so hopeful that you can keep Lauren in there a few more weeks! You're at a good place in case she does come in a week or two.

I also took a turn for the worse 2 weeks ago and was admitted to the hospital with Pre-e variant HELLP. Problem was, my platelet count fropped almost too low to have her safely, so they decided to induce. My little Abigail was born at 31w6d (8 days ago) and is doing so well in the NICU thanks to those steroid shots! Her SUA and fluid on the kidney did not pose any problem whatsoever!

Good luck to you and your LO! You were such an encouragement to me as I was on the high  risk board this time around. I'll be watching for updates!

• You are doing wonderful!  Hang in there!  The support on this board is amazing and I am continuously in awe of you ladies who have made it so long on bedrest and delivered healthy babies.  Lauren will be perfect!

"Jesus turned around and, seeing her, He said, 'Take courage, daughter! Your faith has made you well.' And at once the woman was restored to health."  Matthew 9: 22 

• imagegwenypher7:

Sorry that you've taken the turn, but so hopeful that you can keep Lauren in there a few more weeks! You're at a good place in case she does come in a week or two.

I also took a turn for the worse 2 weeks ago and was admitted to the hospital with Pre-e variant HELLP. Problem was, my platelet count fropped almost too low to have her safely, so they decided to induce. My little Abigail was born at 31w6d (8 days ago) and is doing so well in the NICU thanks to those steroid shots! Her SUA and fluid on the kidney did not pose any problem whatsoever!

Good luck to you and your LO! You were such an encouragement to me as I was on the high  risk board this time around. I'll be watching for updates!

I am so glad that you and your LO are doing ok. I know the NICU sucks but hopefully you will be outta there in no time. I am very glad to hear the SUA and fluid on the kidneys are not problematic!!!! I want to see pics! Congrats!

• Sounds like you and I are in the same boat right now!  My 24 hour came back at 304, but they still want to watch me in the hospital.  My goal is 34 weeks right now, and I'm 30 wks/3 days.  I wish you luck!! 
  • Awww I am sorry to hear the bad news.  Just remember, you made it MUCH further this time than last and even if you have Lauren early, she will still be pretty darn healthy.  Good luck and keep us posted - I hope you can hold out a bit longer!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Sorry to hear you had to to the hospital, but in some ways, from my experience- it is easier.  Not to be away from family, but so you can ease your mind that you are in the right place already should things go sour.  that is what helped me through my 2 different stays in with PTL.  

I do not have Pre-e- but feel awful for all you ladies who do.  That is a lot to worry about!  It's hard enough trying to will your anatomy into behaving for a few more weeks, let alone worry about the pre-e stuff.

I am thinking good thoughts for you and your LO!!  All will be well, and if she needs to come earlier for safety for you both- she will likely do just fine!!  My DD was born at 34 weeks- and only spent 2 extra days in a level 2 nursery under bili lights- she did fabulous!!

Keep us posted and know we are all thinking of you!! 

• You will be in my thoughts and prayers!  11 weeks BR is a HUGE success, I hope she decideds to stay in a few more!

Good luck and keep us posted.  ((BIG HUGS))

• Thanks so much for the update! Lots of happy healthy family vibes being sent your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"