1st Trimester

Anyone else get really annoyed with the word 'preggers'?

It just irks me.  Can't you just say "pregnant"?  Ok.  Rant over. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else get really annoyed with the word 'preggers'?

• Hate it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It does when I'm feeling irritable. . .which is most of the time lately Big Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Not my favourite word and I don't use it (that or preggo) but it gets tossed around alot here so I tend to just ignore it.

• Preggo gets me too. we aren't making spaghetti sauce here people.
  • I hate that term as well.  I won't allow DH to use it at all.  He can use anything but preggers and preggo. 
  • I don't use it but it doesn't bother me in the least.  

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont like it IRL, but on here its posted alot so whatever.
  • i hate when people rant about this. its like their one attempt to be snarky. then it fails.
  • Nope, everytime I hear it I imagine it coming out of a teeny boppers mouth.  I hate Preggo, too.
  • Meh..reminds me of baby talk, but to each her own.
  • If that is really all you have to *** about you are lucky.
  • mehh I am not a fan but I just don't use the word though I think it is hilarious when people LOVE using it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It depends upon who said it if I am bothered by it or not
  • I don't like it and dont' use it, but I don't get mad when others do. Some people are just the cutsey type. I am not.
  • I hate that term too, it sounds lazy.  I prefer preggo if you're going to abbreviate it but use PREGNANT when I am speaking to someone.
  • oh it irritates me to no end. but i think i hate "preggo" more.
  • Honestly I don't like it. But I don't care if people us it.
  • sounds lazy? bwwahaha.
  • don't care, it's just a word. 
  • imagegreekwife05:
    I hate that term as well.  I won't allow DH to use it at all.  He can use anything but preggers and preggo. 

This.

• My brother is constantly either calling me preggo, which then makes me think of the sauce, which makes me hungry..or a weeble wabble because of my extreme case of waddle. ha.
  • LOL!! It is lazy.....but I am extreamely LAZY these days!! LOL! :-) I'm preggo and proud...lol :-)

• I don't really care for the word, and I don't use it. (The first few times I heard it being used was when some teenage girls were talking about pregnancy, so I think I just associate it with immaturity.) However, many people use the term (here and IRL) so it's not really worth getting upset about.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • definitely hate it.
  • I used to hate it, but now I'm so thrilled to finally be pregnant that I really don't care.  Just hearing that word associated with me makes me happy.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehomebird:

I don't like the word, and I don't use it. But other people do (here and IRL) so it's not really worth getting upset about.

Ditto this...and homebird, I now must go to Starbucks, thanks a lot!  Stick out tongue

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes its an annoying term, but I ignore it and don't use it myself.  I also cant stand knocked up.  Trashy.
  • imagebobbidall:

Ditto this...and homebird, I now must go to Starbucks, thanks a lot!  Stick out tongue

Heh. Sorry. ;)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I don't like it and I don't use it. But what irks me more is when people flip a sh!t because a newbie says it in a post. You're really going to be a b!tch to someone because they said a word you don't like? Who's the immature one?
  • imagepunkfiction:
    i hate when people rant about this. its like their one attempt to be snarky. then it fails.

LMAO.  Then again, I'm just not that sensitive.  No issues with belly-touching either (or course that would be weird right now, since I'm not showing).

• imagejarbatz:

I don't use it but it doesn't bother me in the least.  

This.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehomebird:
    imagebobbidall:

Heh. Sorry. ;)

lol I also want starbucks now!!

• I hate the word Prego. My husband said to just tell them "well what are you Ragu?"

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageAlicebean:
    I don't like it and I don't use it. But what irks me more is when people flip a sh!t because a newbie says it in a post. You're really going to be a b!tch to someone because they said a word you don't like? Who's the immature one?
      Actually, I was "flipping a sh!t" b/c a coworker consistently uses it around me and keeps telling my customers that I am "preggers".  Don't get your panties all up in a bunch. 
  • Yes and the word Preggo-it reminds me of speghetti sauce.

Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Irks me, too.  And so does "hubby". 

• imagesweetsddh:
    imageAlicebean:
    I don't like it and I don't use it. But what irks me more is when people flip a sh!t because a newbie says it in a post. You're really going to be a b!tch to someone because they said a word you don't like? Who's the immature one?
      Actually, I was "flipping a sh!t" b/c a coworker consistently uses it around me and keeps telling my customers that I am "preggers".  Don't get your panties all up in a bunch. 

Sweets, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the topic. It annoys me when someone posts and says preggers or prego and everyone flames her. You didn't do that, you just simply asked how people feel about the use of the word and that's what annoys me. IRL I don't use it and no one calls me that so I don't have an opinion. Panties were never bunched :)

• imageAlicebean:

imagesweetsddh:
    imageAlicebean:

Sweets, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the topic. It annoys me when someone posts and says preggers or prego and everyone flames her. You didn't do that, you just simply asked how people feel about the use of the word and that's what annoys me. IRL I don't use it and no one calls me that so I don't have an opinion. Panties were never bunched :)

Gotcha, I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"