High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bed Rest Mama's Wednesday Check In!!~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Congrats to curlyworms on the birth of her son. We wish you all luck through his NICU stay, please keep us posted on his progress!

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

QOTD:I know I have asked this before but feel like it has been a while - sorry for the duplicates. 10 weeks is a long time to think of questions..... Will you be going back to work? What do you do? Do you like your job? What is your ideal job?

Name: mrst1014 (Meagen)
EDD: Sept. 22, 2009 (God Willing)
Type of BR:  Strict, just get to go to the bathroom, shower ever other day, but I have to use a shower seat.
Since when: 8 weeks (2/13)
Reason: It started with a SCH. At 14 weeks I had massive bleeding and needed two blood transfusions. I also have partial placenta abruption.

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name:
Yellowb
EDD: 9/5/09
Type: Modified with one outing per week
Since: 5/26/09                                                                                
Reason: large fibroid on cervix, cervix continues to shorten. Possible use of steroid shots in the next few weeks if cervix continues to shorten

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name:  n&d+2
Due date:  August 28th
Since when: 6/10---28 weeks 5 days
Type of Bedrest: Modified, at home. resting most of the day
Reason:  twin pregnancy, shortening cervix, positive ffn test

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments...
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name: kadyra (Andrea)
EDD: September 13th
Type of Bedrest: Strict until 28 weeks, modified from 28 weeks until...
Since when: 25weeks 6days (June 6)
Reason: Placental abruption, IUGR, preterm contractions, and severe dyspnea of pregnancy (sometimes requiring 02)

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Sandra_05 (Sandy)
EDD: Sept 6th
Type of Bedrest: Modified ? allowed to shower, make quick meals and walk down stairs. Not supposed to be on my feet for longer than 15 minutes at a time. 
Since:  July 20th
Reason:  PIH and previous history of pre-e

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name: lynnew
EDD: 8/28/09
Since when: 6/11/09
Reason: So many reasons, they are hard to list.  I was carrying twins and lost one at 20 weeks.  I have had a shortened cervix, contractions, a positive FfN test, abnormal Dopplers on blood flow, baby's heart rate dropped and is low,  now a drop off in growth or small growth.  I was in the hospital a bit but now and home and hoping she is going to be healthy healthy healthy!

Name:  sunandsand
EDD: by LMP its 9/14/09, will be induced 2 wks before that
Type of BR: Can shower, get up to pee, microwave a meal, drive myself to appts
Since when: July 22
Reason: PIH, swelling, h/a, RUQ pain, contractions

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Carrie (cagreeran)
EDD: Sept. 11
Type of BR: Modified (can walk around the house a little, bathroom, shower, make quick meal, not allowed to go up and down stairs more then 3 times a day)
Since when: July 27 (33w4d)
Reason: Intense BH Contractions the night of July 27. Went to Hsp. next morning was put on the monitor was having more then 6 an hour. Two shots to relax my uterus and was sent home on bedrest.

Name: Angeline924
EDD: 11/28
Type of BR: strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when:  7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  Sara (Fusonies)
EDD: November 9, 2009 (?Oct 9th due to twins)
Type of BR: Bathroom and showers only.
Since when:
July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  Hospitalized at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix and had a rescue cerclage.  Rec'd steroids at 24 weeks.  Weekly progesterone injections and doc visits.  U/s every 2 weeks.  Expecting twins after 4 yrs of trying and 2 IVF cycles.

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: MaggieB79 (Maggie)
EDD: October 30th
Type: STRICT
Since: 8/19
Reason: Pre-eclampsia.  Went from doing just fine to severe swelling, rapid weight gain, headache and high BP in 2 short days.  2 days of modified bed rest turned into strict bed rest indefinitely...

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Name: brettszy (Brett)
EDD: Nov. 14th
Type of BR:  Strict, bathroom privileges, shower every few days
Since when: modified beginning Jun 15th (18 weeks)  strict starting July 13th (22 weeks)
Reason: Previous pre-term labor and delivery - had my son at 31 weeks, short cervix - has been as short as 0.97, current PTL

Name: egankn (Kelly)
EDD:  October 10th
Since when: 33.5 Weeks
Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

Name: nat6102006
EDD: Nov 3 2009
Type of BR:  Pretty strict. Currently in the hospital for at least another week, hoping to go home on bedrest for the remainder
Since when: 30.5 weeks
Reason: pre-term labor.  Came into L&D and was 2 cm dilated & a short cervix (1.5 cm), with no contractions, just some back pain & spotting.  Possible incompetent cervix

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Wednesday Check In!!~~

• BP is still running high. Gonna keep a check and decide after lunch if I should call or if I can hold out for my appointment tomorrow. I am collecting urine today.... that is fun as always.

QOTD:I know I have asked this before but feel like it has been a while - sorry for the duplicates. 10 weeks is a long time to think of questions..... Will you be going back to work? What do you do? Do you like your job? What is your ideal job?

A week after I started bed rest my co. announced they are moving to Atlanta in March of next year. Today I will find out if they are extending an offer for me to move to Atlanta or not. Either way, I will not go. So if I do go back to work, it will be for a short time - Jan-March.  I was hoping to go back part time anyway. I am a graphic designer so there is a lot I can do from home and my first option will be to try to make a go of that. The only bad thing is the hubs is self employed so I have always carried the insurance. I am also a week away from my 12 weeks of FMLA time so technically my co can tell me that I have no job to come back to. If that is the case, I would be treated as if I am laid off - still entitled to my short term disability benefits but once my 8 weeks after baby is up, I would be officially unemployeed.... My dream job would be do design custom art, birth announcements, wedding invites, etc. I have also been designing kids room vinyl wall art for friends and I enjoy that.... Someday I think it would be fun to learn how to make really elaborate cakes like on cake boss or ace of cakes...

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday....

• No updates today...just trying to catch up on some paperwork and searching for pediatricians...ugh :)

QOTD: I will be going back to work full time, but i'm not sure if it will be before or after the baby is born.  I'm a physician assistant at a correctional faciility.  I really like it.  My patients are usually fairly respectful, I just have to let them know their boundaries with me.  Plus i'm getting loan repayment for my graduate school loans, so that's a plus!  Not sure what my "dream job" would be.....probably anything in patient care where i like my patients and they like me.

• Loading the player...
  • Happy Hump Day Ladies!

?

update: I saw the endochrinologist on Monday RE: GD, the appointment was pretty uneventful. Today I see the dietitian and my OB. Hopefully I will be bale to control my GD with diet and not need insulin- I will go on the diet for a week then go back to the endochrinologist to see if its working.

QOTD:??i will be going back to work full-time after LO is born but I;m not sure when. I get 3 months unpaid maternity leave, but since being on bed rest has been very rough financially ( I am working part-time from home) I am not sure if we can afford for me to stay home an additional 3 months. right now I work as social worker for families impacted by adoption. I love the client population and wish my work with them was more impactful. my dream job would be to be a private practice therapist for children and families with similar issues because it would allow me to have more flexibility in the hours I work and to have more of an impact on my clients.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello all - no updates from me.....other than someone hacked my facebook...real fun!

QOTD: I had every intention of going back to work but being as I work for a homebuilder I am starting to question if they will still exist by the time I would go back.  Things are not looking so good for them.  I have no clue what my dream job would be - I used to work for a consulting company and I did their environmental inventories (trees, etc.) and I loved that since I was outside a ton.

• I have an appt tomorrow to measure Jaden and my cervix to see if bed rest is working (at last week's it wasn't, cervix was even shorter and funneling).  I was at 10mm and if it is any shorter I will have a wonderful time of bedrest in the hospital.  I am absolutely terrified of that and have really done well this week, barely out of bed at all.  I want to stay home!  Keeping my fingers crossed!  (Thanks for the tips, I'll also ask about the steroid shots)

I have learned from this little bedrest excursion that I LOVE my job and miss it so much!  I work in auto claims in the corporate office for a major insurance company.  My husband is an underwriter for them.  We drive to work every day, eat lunch together, and love our jobs.  It is such a wonderful place to work and I can't wait to get back.  I KNOW it will be hard to leave Jaden in childcare but we found a brand new Christian day school and feel good about leaving him in a place that will start a Bible curriculum while he is still an infant and love him like their own.

• Update:  I haven't checked in for a couple of days because I've just felt like I've been in a funk!  I still sort of do but I figure this is the best place to be when I'm feeling that way.  I saw both the OB and the hemotologist over the last two days and am mostly left frustrated.  Still no scheduled c/s or induction because, according to my OB, Bella won't follow the schedule anyway.  The docs at the OB's office all disagree on how to treat my multiple complications.  I'm now on weekly appt's and start my NST's next week. 

I will be going back to work full-time.  Unfortunately, since I'm on bedrest now and am using all my FMLA, I'll have to go back 6-8 weeks after Bella is born.  I am a nightshift RN in a pediatric intesive care unit and I love my job.  I'm lucky that full-time for me is only 3 nights a week (not counting call time).  I would like to also cross-train in the ER for more trauma experience and my husband and I are definately looking to relocate to Hawaii as soon as I can find a job in a PICU there.  That's a whole other story LOL.

• QOTD:I know I have asked this before but feel like it has been a while - sorry for the duplicates. 10 weeks is a long time to think of questions..... Will you be going back to work? What do you do? Do you like your job? What is your ideal job?

My only update is that my baby is measuring very big!  I have an ultrasound next week to take another look but I am 32 wks 5 days and he is measuring 35 weeks.  I have had two bigger babies in the past and I am thankful he is big since he will probably come early (I have BP isses with a history of Pre-e).  But I am also worried that if I make it to term, he will be HUGE!

I am very fortunate with my work situation.  I am a self employed contractor and I do background investigations for federal security clearances.  I basically dictate how much work I want and when so I am just not working right now!  It sucks financially because I have no disabilty or income but we knew I would probably be on bedrest so we tried to save enough money to get us through.  I love my job because it is sooo flexible!  I set my own schedrule which makes it perfect with my kiddos.  If the kids have anything going on at preschool or any activities I never miss out because I just rearrange my work.  In addition, my mom runs her own business so when I work, she watches my kiddos!  I don't anticipate doing anything else for a long time because it is the best of both stay at home/working worlds!  My dream job would be as an adminstrator for a nonprofit.  I got my Masters a few years ago in social work with a focus on Non profit administration and hope to someday use that degree.  Until then, I will keep up what I am doing with a thankful heart!

• I go to the my OB tomorow and I have c/s date of 10/20/09! although my OB said not to get my heart set on that date. I ordered a bunch of stuff online yesterday so i cant wait for it to come!

QOTD I love my job and i miss it . I work for Early Intervention in my state as a behavior Specialist. My focus is on working with families and  thier toddlars with Autisim and PDD and PDD NOS. I also help to coordinate all outside help such as ABA , floortime ETC. I teach a life skills class at our center . I cried soo much when i had to up and leave my kids. I do talk to the families to check in but it is not the same! . I will be going back part time ( if i went full time i would pay more in childcare then i make in a month)

• Hi, I'd like to be added to the list please!

Name: egankn (Kelly)
    EDD:  October 10th
    Since when: 33.5 Weeks
    Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

• No real updates, excited to be 2 weeks away from getting off bed rest and nifepedine!!!

QOTD: I think this quote I found on a plaque sums it up best, "I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted the paycheck."

I make really good money and I have a MS in my field and the co-workers are great but I really would love to be a stay at home mom or be a full time writer. My husband is going back to school in January so he will be a full time student/stay at home dad and I'm insanely jealous. Hopefully this is only temporary and when he gets out of school I can stay at home with any future children he can sweet talk me into giving birth to Wink

• please add me to the list:

Name: nat6102006
    EDD: Nov 3 2009
    Type of BR:  Pretty strict. Currently in the hospital for at least another week, hoping to go home on bedrest for the remainder
    Since when: 30.5 weeks
    Reason: pre-term labor.  Came into L&D and was 2 cm dilated & a short cervix (1.5 cm), with no contractions, just some back pain & spotting.  Possible incompetent cervix

• No big updates- but noticing a lot more irritability of the uterus, and having to rest even more to counteract that.  Hoping to hold out a couple more weeks...

I am in nearly the exact same boat as JennRN65- I am a nurse and burning through the FMLA sitting here in my living room.   I like my job- although I wish I had JennRn65's schedule- I have to work 32 hours a week- and that is over 8 days, not 3!!  I am hoping my boss will be flexible enough to allow me back at a decreased hour status for 2 weeks or so, and then let me increase it.  

My ideal job?  Well- I don't mind what I do- but I am really burned out being in the ER.  I have been trying to get a position in labor and delivery or an antepartum unit- but there haven't been any jobs there.  I would like to only work 4-6 days a pay period- that would still allow me to get full benefits.  But- it will all depend on where hubby gets a job next spring when he os done with school- we will move where he lands work.

I couldn't be a stay at home mom- I admire those that can and do a good job at it- but as much as I love my DD- I would get bored.  Unless I had lots of disposable income to go do fun things!! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"