1st Trimester

Michelle Duggar pregnant with number 19

Michelle Duggar is expecting baby 19 - 5 months after their first grandchild is due. Their DIL is due next month.

I do not know what to say.

Re: Michelle Duggar pregnant with number 19

• She is amazing.. dont know how she does it.. Indifferent

• You don't know what to say???  Try "Congratulations" I'm sure that's what we all heard when we got pregnant...
  • Loading the player...
  • They have ZERO debt, all of their children seem to be well behaved and loved. I think if they want to that is totally up to them. They are not depending on people to help them raise their children of welfare. I just wonder how many more they will have just out of curiosity. I know I could never do it but they can so more power to them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just fyi - this has been posted at least 3 times this morning. :)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! I know she has the right to do whatever she wants reproductively, blah, blah, blah....... I just feel so bad for all of those kids stuck taking care of all of these other kids! There's no way that they get to have time to just enjoy their childhoods!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageanabell0920:
    They have ZERO debt, all of their children seem to be well behaved and loved. I think if they want to that is totally up to them. They are not depending on people to help them raise their children of welfare. I just wonder how many more they will have just out of curiosity. I know I could never do it but they can so more power to them.

This is very well said, this is exactly how I feel.

• imagebjmyangel:
    You don't know what to say???  Try "Congratulations" I'm sure that's what we all heard when we got pregnant...

Don't you think it is a little presumptuous to assume that I am unhappy for a family that has been blessed so many times? The last time I checked you have never met me so have no idea what I may feel about this family; a family that I have met. Next time maybe you shouldn't assume to know what a stranger is thinking. 

• imageStizzle:
    Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! I know she has the right to do whatever she wants reproductively, blah, blah, blah....... I just feel so bad for all of those kids stuck taking care of all of these other kids! There's no way that they get to have time to just enjoy their childhoods!

how do you know they aren't enjoying their childhood? yah they have responsibility but I have seen plenty of shows were they go out and have kid friendly fun. I think they will probably be better adults because they actually have responsibility and not everything is just handed to them.

• imagescubaspot:

imagebjmyangel:
    You don't know what to say???  Try "Congratulations" I'm sure that's what we all heard when we got pregnant...

Don't you think it is a little presumptuous to assume that I am unhappy for a family that has been blessed so many times? The last time I checked you have never met me so have no idea what I may feel about this family; a family that I have met. Next time maybe you shouldn't assume to know what a stranger is thinking. 

well maybe next time YOU should explain yourself instead of leaving it open for strangers for interpretation!

• imagescubaspot:

imagebjmyangel:

And for the record I do think having 19 kids is crazy. Now that you know what I am thinking flame away.

• imageanabell0920:

imageStizzle:
    Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! I know she has the right to do whatever she wants reproductively, blah, blah, blah....... I just feel so bad for all of those kids stuck taking care of all of these other kids! There's no way that they get to have time to just enjoy their childhoods!

how do you know they aren't enjoying their childhood? yah they have responsibility but I have seen plenty of shows were they go out and have kid friendly fun. I think they will probably be better adults because they actually have responsibility and not everything is just handed to them.

Yes

Also, I ditto anabell on everything in this thread.

• My response from one of the two posts below:

They disgust and anger me.  Imagine if every one of their 19 children then went on to have 19 children.  That's 361 children in two generations.  We are overpopulated and under resourced; the whole "God wants us to have a big family" thing is ridiculous at this point.  Their belief system is wildly irresponsible for the planet, even if they are responsible for their own children.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • imageBBHME:

My response from one of the two posts below:

They disgust and anger me.  Imagine if every one of their 19 children then went on to have 19 children.  That's 361 children in two generations.  We are overpopulated and under resourced; the whole "God wants us to have a big family" thing is ridiculous at this point.  Their belief system is wildly irresponsible for the planet, even if they are responsible for their own children.

OMG the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

• You should do some research on the quiverfull movement before you think they're such a nice and innocent family. Just saying.

• imageanabell0920:

imageStizzle:

While it's true, I don't know them personally, as I'm sure you don't either. All I know is that my husband is the oldest of a very, very large family and he missed out on a lot. He feels very strongly about not having a huge family because he's lived it and didn't really get a lot of time to be a kid. BTW, I'm not from a big family, and I DEFINITELY didn't get ANYTHING handed to me, but still had responsibilities that were appropriate for my age.
  • imageBBHME:

My response from one of the two posts below:

If your so concerned about "over population" why are YOU reproducing?

• imagehomebird:
    You should do some research on the quiverfull movement before you think they're such a nice and innocent family. Just saying.

Seriously. It's a pretty scary movement. 

• imagehomebird:
    You should do some research on the quiverfull movement before you think they're such a nice and innocent family. Just saying.

Why are you so afraid of the Quiverfull movement, exactly? I read the article you posted. Ok, so they aren't feminists, and the father is the head of the household --- same is true for lots of conservative families. They don't believe in birth control --- hello Catholic church. The girls wear skirts and everyone plays at least two instruments --- this is about as scary as a group of Quakers on a Sunday morning. 

I don't get your paranoia, honestly.

• It works for them.  That's the only thing that matters. 
  • imagehomebird:

My very best friend is also quiverful.  So, I do know about it...oh yeah, and I homeschool my children...guess I'm just a nut who trusts in God and does what the bible says I should do, huh!  
    Grow up.  Just because something isn't for you and your family doesn't mean it is wrong.  It is for God to judge, not you. 

• imageStizzle:
    imageanabell0920:

imageStizzle:

While it's true, I don't know them personally, as I'm sure you don't either. All I know is that my husband is the oldest of a very, very large family and he missed out on a lot. He feels very strongly about not having a huge family because he's lived it and didn't really get a lot of time to be a kid. BTW, I'm not from a big family, and I DEFINITELY didn't get ANYTHING handed to me, but still had responsibilities that were appropriate for my age.

Well my mother is one of 10. Yes she did without because of a large family but she learned more from it. She never wished she had a smaller family because of it. Just because you don't agree with it does not make it wrong.

• imagehomebird:

Honestly, after you responded with this in the last couple of threads about it, I did do some googling and reading about the quiverfull movement.  I don't see anything at all evil or sinister about it.  I see people with a set of religious beliefs, that maybe do not mirror my own, but that they as a family have a right to believe.  I in fact think they ARE nice and innocent people, from what I know about them.  I believe they are wholesome and perhaps a little sheltering of their children, but this to me is no different than Mormonism or some other religions that have strict moral codes/beliefs.  Again, i may not choose to follow the same belief set, but that does not make their belief set wrong.

• imageJessys_Girl:

imagehomebird:

Honestly, after you responded with this in the last couple of threads about it, I did do some googling and reading about the quiverfull movement.  I don't see anything at all evil or sinister about it.  I see people with a set of religious beliefs, that maybe do not mirror my own, but that they as a family have a right to believe.  I in fact think they ARE nice and innocent people, from what I know about them.  I believe they are wholesome and perhaps a little sheltering of their children, but this to me is no different than Mormonism or some other religions that have strict moral codes/beliefs.  Again, i may not choose to follow the same belief set, but that does not make their belief set wrong.

Yes Thank you.

• imageAlicebean:

imagehomebird:

What is so scary about people believing that children are gifts from God and that they should accept these gifts gratefully?  What is so scary about people believing that children should be loved, cared for a cherished?

• imageJessys_Girl:

imagehomebird:

And you're entitled to that opinion. I have personal experience with this philosophy/movement, and in my experience, they are neither nice or innocent outside of the public eye. *shrugs*

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

• imageJessys_Girl:
    imageAlicebean:

imagehomebird:

What is so scary about people believing that children are gifts from God and that they should accept these gifts gratefully?  What is so scary about people believing that children should be loved, cared for a cherished?

I'm going to repost what I posted on another board:

I have no problem with large families. If you have the time, resources and love for that many children, more power to you.

The QF movement is a patriarch society (extremely anti-feminist). They basically believe it's their calling to have as many children as possible so they can take over the world with their religion/philosophy. They keep their wives barefoot and pregnant. Women are to be completely submissive to males in all matters. The children are kept sheltered from the rest of society.

Also, unlike the Duggars, many of these families are extremely poor. Some live in buses or tiny trailers. They can't afford the basic necessities because another of their principles is to live without debt. 

It's just ... weird. And I speak from experience. I was raised around families like this. They seem all nice and normal to "outsiders" but get them inside a church building and it's a whole different story. My family left a church full of people who followed this philosophy. They told us that we were going to hell and that we were giving in to the influence of the devil. They preached against about us in church and all but spat at us in public. They're experts at being two-faced, at least in my experience.

• imageanabell0920:
    imageStizzle:
    imageanabell0920:

imageStizzle:

Well my mother is one of 10. Yes she did without because of a large family but she learned more from it. She never wished she had a smaller family because of it. Just because you don't agree with it does not make it wrong.

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm not saying that they're all horrible, terrible people and that they're all evil. Chill out. All I'm saying is that I feel really sorry for those children, especially the older ones. That's all.
  • imagehomebird:
    imageJessys_Girl:

imagehomebird:

And you're entitled to that opinion. I have personal experience with this philosophy/movement, and in my experience, they are neither nice or innocent outside of the public eye. *shrugs*

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

You said to research it, not to read your mind about your personal experience.  So, please, tell me, what is it that you see from your own experience that makes these people bad people?  Please, enlighten me.

• imageStizzle:
    imageanabell0920:
    imageStizzle:
    imageanabell0920:

imageStizzle:

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm not saying that they're all horrible, terrible people and that they're all evil. Chill out. All I'm saying is that I feel really sorry for those children, especially the older ones. That's all.

I should chill out because I don't agree with you? haha ok thanks mom

and when exactly did I put words into your mouth saying that you said "they are all horrible, terrible people and that they're all evil" ? I didn't I spoke my mind and disagreed. Sorry you can't handle that.

• imagehomebird:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageAlicebean:

imagehomebird:

I have no problem with large families. If you have the time, resources and love for that many children, more power to you.

The QF movement is a patriarch society (extremely anti-feminist). They basically believe it's their calling to have as many children as possible so they can take over the world with their religion/philosophy. They keep their wives barefoot and pregnant. Women are to be completely submissive to males in all matters. The children are kept sheltered from the rest of society.

Also, unlike the Duggars, many of these families are extremely poor. Some live in buses or tiny trailers. They can't afford the basic necessities because another of their principles is to live without debt. 

It's just ... weird. And I speak from experience. I was raised around families like this. They seem all nice and normal to "outsiders" but get them inside a church building and it's a whole different story. My family left a church full of people who followed this philosophy. They told us that we were going to hell and that we were giving in to the influence of the devil. They preached against about us in church and all but spat at us in public. They're experts at being two-faced, at least in my experience.

I had a similar experience with a local Baptist church. Does that mean that all Southern Baptists are weird and scary? Logic would tell me, no. You're doing some projecting here, and while it's understandable, it isn't necessarily warranted.

• Jessy's_girl

I don't need you to question my personal experience. I didn't ask you to read my mind. How extensive was your internet research exactly?10 minutes of googling? Reading the Wikipedia entry on quiverfull movement? That's really not going to give you much insight into their culture/beliefs.

I've been through a lot of crap because of people like this, and I don't need to defend myself to you. You're allowed to think they're nice and innocent, and I"m allowed to think the opposite. I'm also allowed to encourage people to do some research instead of just believing what they see on tv.

Can't we just leave it at that?

• imageMellsBells:
    imagehomebird:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageAlicebean:

imagehomebird:

I had a similar experience with a local Baptist church. Does that mean that all Southern Baptists are weird and scary? Logic would tell me, no. You're doing some projecting here, and while it's understandable, it isn't necessarily warranted.

Actually, I'm not. But thanks for playing.

Did I mention that I consider myself a Christian? Obviously I wouldn't be one if I assumed all Christians behaved like this. Maybe they are a nice family. I just have a hard time believing it.

• imagehomebird:

Jessy's_girl CHILL.

I don't need you to question my personal experience. I didn't ask you to read my mind. How extensive was your internet research exactly?10 minutes of googling? Reading the Wikipedia entry on quiverfull movement? That's really not going to give you much insight into their culture/beliefs.

I've been through a lot of crap because of people like this, and I don't need to defend myself to you. You're allowed to think they're nice and innocent, and I"m allowed to think the opposite. I'm also allowed to encourage people to do some research instead of just believing what they see on tv.

You keep encouraging people to research the Quiverfull movement. I did, Jessy did ... and now you're upset because the research wasn't extensive enough? I think you have some unresolved pain here.

• imagehomebird:

Jessy's_girl CHILL.

Absolutely we can leave it at that.  All I'm saying is that when you tell people to "research" a subject, but it's really your own personal beliefs that make you feel the way you feel, that maybe you should share those beliefs instead of expecting others to agree with you blindly.

Granted you had a negative experience, but as someone above said there have been negative experiences in other religions as well...does that make all religion bad or evil?  I think not.

These people have chosen to live their life a certain way, and the Duggar's way of life is not effecting any of us....so I say, Live and Let Live.

• I think its irresponsible to have that many children.  Their is NO way they can provide the love and attention that each child needs.  Instead they pawn them off to the older girls, who already do all the cooking and cleaning.  Yea, happy childhood, at least for the boys!! 
  • imageanabell0920:
    imageStizzle:
    imageanabell0920:
    imageStizzle:
    imageanabell0920:

imageStizzle:

I should chill out because I don't agree with you? haha ok thanks mom

and when exactly did I put words into your mouth saying that you said "they are all horrible, terrible people and that they're all evil" ? I didn't I spoke my mind and disagreed. Sorry you can't handle that.

AGAIN, not asking you to agree with me. Just saying I feel sorry for those kids. That's all I've said from the beginning. You're the one putting words in my mouth by assuming I thought they were "wrong". BTW, asking someone why they are reproducing??? ReallY??
  • I don't know anything about this quiverful stuff, I don't care if they are Christian or homeschool or the father is the head of the household.  Lots of people believe those things even if I don't believe in any of the same things.  I don't care if they have 37 kids, because I don't have to pay for them and they are clearly supporting them themselves. 

That being said, personally, I think they are a little nutters.  That's just my impression of them.  And I am tired of them needing to announce their pregnancy on national TV. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagehomebird:
    imageMellsBells:
    imagehomebird:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageAlicebean:

imagehomebird:

Actually, I'm not. But thanks for playing.

Did I mention that I consider myself a Christian? Obviously I wouldn't be one if I assumed all Christians behaved like this. Maybe they are a nice family. I just have a hard time believing it.

But you still haven't really given a reason for anyone to believe you that the Quiverfull movement -- yes, the whole movement -- is "scary," as you've said repeatedly. Your experience, while traumatic, was isolated as far as we know and could have happened in any religious setting. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"