3rd Trimester

how many of you all...

are still exercising? i swore to myself i was going to make it to the end of pregnancy and still be walking on the treadmill but it has gotten so hard in the last week or so!

my ankles and legs hurt CONSTANTLY, regardless of whether i walk on the treadmill or take it outside. 

sigh. this was the only thing that made me feel like less of a fat-a$$, haha. 

Re: how many of you all...

• OMG I wish I could say I still was! I feel SO quilty for basically doing nothing now. My hips hurt..well a lot of things hurt when I walk now....I pretty much gave up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If sitting on my exercise ball counts... then I am! Ok so I haven't worked out the whole time I've been pregnant, and now it pretty much hurts to just walk.

• Loading the player...
  • Stick out tongue What is this exercise that you speak of? Sounds interesting......

I walked my dog. Last week. And S/O had to come pick me up down the road because I thought I was going to die going up a hill. That won't happen again!

• Only a little here and there.  My back hurts with too much exercise anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you count walking around the zoo and swimming then I still am.....but it HURTS BAD!!!  Im so ready to have this baby!!
  • Ive got the whole, not working out guilt thing too. Im with you, my ankles kill me and my hips are in a constant ache. I think its because I put on most of my weight pretty quickly, and a lot of it. =/ but regardless, the most excersize I get now is doing housework or taking a walk to the pool, which at that point I just relax.
  • I agree.  I went for a two mile walk this weekend but it is definitely getting more difficult as time goes on.  Up until last week I was still doing the elliptical or treadmill 3-4 days a week.  Don't know how much longer I can continue on that schedule though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageZachnLoriahn:
    If you count walking around the zoo and swimming then I still am.....but it HURTS BAD!!!  Im so ready to have this baby!!

Wow I don't think I've ever seen a gun that close to a baby before....yikes!!!

• Does getting up to go to the bathroom 10 times per night count? 

I had been swimming until these CA fires made it so nasty outside. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into it when the smoke subsides.

Anything other than swimming ends up making me so sore that it isn't worth it. When I'm not pregnant I do a ton of pilates on the reformer, but I am so limited in the exercises I can do at this point that it is hardly worth the effort. I can't wait until I can get back into my routine.

• Swimming and Prenatal Yoga...that's about all I can handle though.
  • I had to stop. I was doing prenatal yoga but even a short walk is too much for me. My legs, hips and crotch hurt A lot
  • i've been slacking on the yoga and the walking that i was so good about up until about a month & 1/2 ago.

just walking around the grocery store for 15 minutes was horrendous today.  i just hope that's not going to become the norm.

• I have, but I'm not sure how much longer it's going to last. BH's during workouts are no fun, and they seem to be getting much more frequent.
  • I go on a 10-15 min walk during my work break with a friend M-F. Thats it!!! lol
  •   I am still walking every morning, but a little slower these days! If I don't walk, then I start to feel cramped up and just don't feel as good - hopefully I can keep it up as long as possible!

• I'm still swimming, but can't really do much walking anymore because my hips keep locking up on me. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still going to the gym 3x/week and get on the elliptical for 45 minutes and do some light upper body weights. But it's starting to get harder and harder. I foresee myself just going for walks around the neighborhood on my 8th and 9th month.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EMTXEMTX member

For the first few months, I walked a mile or 2 every night, but this summer has be ungodly hot (67 days over 100 degrees!) so it is essentially impossible to do that lately.

I bought a prenatal yoga dvd, but as other PPs have said - my hips hurt, my back hurts... I try to make myself do it, but only have a few times :(

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am but have slowed down a lot. Just a pilates & yoga class this week with long-ish dog walks (2-3 miles) to go along with it.
  • The only "exercise" I get these days involves walking around all of the stores (like BRU, Target, and a bunch of grocery stores) stocking up on registry and household items that I know I won't have a chance to get after the baby gets here.  Now I have my left foot on ice (feels like I hurt my achilles tendon).  So sad that my level of activity has come to this Tongue Tied
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"