1st Trimester

Anyone using a birthing Center vs a hospital?

We had a seminar at one last night and it really made us sure of our decision to use them. I was just curious what others thought.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone using a birthing Center vs a hospital?

• We're having a homebirth, but our midwife also runs a birthing center we can use if it get down to the wire and I change my mind. GL!
  • I live in a small town, so there really aren't many alternative options available.  Luckily, my hospital has great private L&D suites and supports a "natural" approach (they have birthing balls, showers, and glider rocking chairs and doulas are welcome).  It's comforting to know that if I do need special care, it's right at my fingertips.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The hospital we'll be using has a birthing center in it.  It's the best of both worlds!
  • imageMarc's Mrs.:
    The hospital we'll be using has a birthing center in it.  It's the best of both worlds!

This

• We're using an independent birthing center this time.
  • image*budge*:
    We're using an independent birthing center this time.

If you don't mind sharing, would you say why. 

• I tried for a natural birth the first time. I had to be induced 2 weeks late and ended up with a c-section. I would like to have a VBAC this time and feel my chances are greater with a midwife.
  • Thanks! There were several people who commented that this was there 2nd (or more) child and they were using a birth center for several reasons.
  • The midwife practice I go to runs a birth center. It's only a few minutes away from the hospital just in case (I don't forsee needing the hospital but you never know.) I think the idea of being in a home-like environment without being at home is great!

• I would really love to but there aren't any where I live. I'm seeing a midwife in a hospital that supports natural birth. I'm thinking about waterbirth or at the very least laboring in the water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"