1st Trimester

Cleaning products...

I've been avoiding cleaing the bathroom because I don't know what product is safe to use.  Are the fumes harmful? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cleaning products...

• i don't know which is worse, fumes from a dirty bathroom or fumes from cleaning products. ?I choose to clean. ?It's not like you're bathing in them.
  • Ive been avoiding it because I hate cleaning!  I am not totally sure about cleaners, but I use the "green" ones and figure I am fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am going out to get the method cleaning products tonight...maybe you could use something like that..i am sure it will ease your mind a bit
  • I have been using cleaning wipes to wipe down everything. I am sure it's not the cleanest but it's doing the job without any smells.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope.  Just live with a dirty bathroom for 9 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just open the window and get plenty of fresh air...you'll be fine.  I cleaned my bathroom for 9 months with my son and he came out without any extra body parts.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The fumes of the cleaning products are less harmful than the stench fuming from your dirty house.  Now put your do-rag, apron, and flipflops on and clean.  Make sure dinner is in the oven for when DH comes home too!  Know your roll!
  • My doc said most of them were fine.  Just keep the bathroom well ventilated. 
  • You could always wear a mask when cleaning.  I used to do this sometimes in our old bathroom because there was absolutely no ventillation and when I used strong cleaning products, I would taste and smell them for a while after cleaning if I didn't wear a mask...blech!
  • You can either do your best Michael Jackson inpression with a mask, or open a window.

Will be fine.

• I hope not, I used 409 to clean the shower yesterday! I did turn the fan on though... Hope my baby doesn't have two heads ;)
  • i saw on the doctors tv show recently that you can mix vinegar and water in a 1to1 ratio, and it is a great cleaning product. i have not tried it yet...but good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"