1st Trimester

I thought this was supposed to be a supportive board

But some just come on here to make fun of others.  Does it make you feel better?  Do you teach your children to make fun of the scrawny kids in school?

We know that what we're crying about is trivial and dumb, you dont have to be completely rude about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I thought this was supposed to be a supportive board

• imagerobinsokj:

But some just come on here to make fun of others.  Does it make you feel better?  Do you teach your children to make fun of the scrawny kids in school?

We know that what we're crying about is trivial and dumb, you dont have to be completely rude about it.

Yes and yes

• Loading the player...
  • Hey Robin!

I, too, came here because the board I was on before lacked serious happy vibes. I haven't yet seen anything negative, but I'm also staying away from the apparent hot button issues (like nail polish?). Shrug.

Either way, don't give up! I've learned, if it says something like "Nail polish" in the topic, I'm not going into that forum. Nuh uh. No sirree. 

Chin up! It's Friday, right?!

• If you get past the snarkiness these boards are actually a great resource during pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Guess people don't have anything better to do than be b*tches. The way this board has been the past few days, really makes me not care so much about being a part of it.
  • Seriously, some of these "women" are just straight up bitches.
  • Seriously, what the hell is wrong with some of you people (kittycarr for ex.)?

You must be very lonely and unhappy to act like this.  Perhaps not even pregnant........

• Are you able to define the word hypocritical? Look it up. 

Here you are leaping on your soapbox to post this (which has been posted approximately 22029834209842039 times)..

and yet you are the one name calling.

At least the snark is funny. Calling people bitches? Pot, I have a kettle for you to meet.

lol.

• Ok...Some of us are a little immature..
  • The board has definitely seemed different, esp over the past few days.  Not sure what's going on here.

• imageCharlotteBelle:
    Guess people don't have anything better to do than be b*tches. The way this board has been the past few days, really makes me not care so much about being a part of it.

I respectfully disagree.

The way this board has been the past few days, really makes me want to be a part of it even more.

Keep it up.  I don't take myself so seriously.

• The Getting Pregnant board used to be like that. Now that a handful of dou** bags are pregnant they are bringing all of the negativity here. I completely agree with the above, this is just ridiculous. There are certainly a few people on this board that really need to shut the F up! Really, just curious why you think your better than everyone!

• imageTatum15:

The Getting Pregnant board used to be like that. Now that a handful of dou** bags are pregnant they are bringing all of the negativity here. I completely agree with the above, this is just ridiculous. There are certainly a few people on this board that really need to shut the F up! Really, just curious why you think your better than everyone!

I am sure with all 33 of your posts that you know what you're talking about. 

• imageTatum15:

The Getting Pregnant board used to be like that. Now that a handful of dou** bags are pregnant they are bringing all of the negativity here. I completely agree with the above, this is just ridiculous. There are certainly a few people on this board that really need to shut the F up! Really, just curious why you think your better than everyone!

Whoa whoa buddy... I dont ever remember you on GP so how can you make a statement like that. Maybe the GPers livened up the board a bit!
  • I've gotten a bit disgusted with the board too.  I've been trolling the internet for others and there seems to be a good one at ivilliage.  They group people according to due date (ie all March Mommies are together) instead of by trimester,  so you shouldn't keep seeing a constant repeat of all the beginning questions. 

Also, the board doesn't seem to be as whiney or negative.  Its more supportive and positive. 

• There is a difference between supportive and sappy.  I'm not really a hold hands and sing Kumbaya kinda person.  Honestly, I came to this board for some of the advice that others have to offer.  It does get old seeing the exact same posts day after day after day, ad nauseum.  (i.e. bloat, lunch meat, hair dye)  I find it refreshing to see some sarcasm from time to time and I don't find it snarky.  Like others have suggested, if you don't like those posts, don't read them.  Much like I don't read the lunch meat posts....
  • imagebeanie00914:
    imageTatum15:

Whoa whoa buddy... I dont ever remember you on GP so how can you make a statement like that. Maybe the GPers livened up the board a bit!

LOl Tatum. Did you get flamed off GP at some point sweetie? Carrying around a grudge like a sack of potatos?

Again, I point out that you are the one name calling. The rest of us are just trying to inject some humor between the moaning and groaning.

• imagekimbaharkins@hotmail.com:

I've gotten a bit disgusted with the board too.  I've been trolling the internet for others and there seems to be a good one at ivilliage.  They group people according to due date (ie all March Mommies are together) instead of by trimester,  so you shouldn't keep seeing a constant repeat of all the beginning questions. 

Also, the board doesn't seem to be as whiney or negative.  Its more supportive and positive. 

I hear babygaga.com is a good one.  

• Ummm Ya Amy I do...I just didn't post on the GP board because it seemed to be a bunch of immature winey women that made fun of everything any chance they got. Soo with that being said...why are you on the first tri board exactly?

• I agree.....  we need to be suportive, not drag each other down.
  • I really can't believe the attitudes of some people on this board. Some people act like they own this board and THINK that the snarkiness is funny. If people have questions they should be answered honestly. If some people think that some questions ar trivial (such as is nail polish safe) then they should not open or respond to posts.

I guess that the maturity level on this board is not what I expect from soon to be moms (or already moms) who really should be helpful/thankful/grateful to one another instead of snarky. It really isn't an appealing trait to have and it does make me sad for some of you. 

• imagerobinsokj:

LOL, like this is the first time this has ever been posted. 

• No
  • imageHeidisean:

I really can't believe the attitudes of some people on this board. Some people act like they own this board and THINK that the snarkiness is funny. If people have questions they should be answered honestly. If some people think that some questions ar trivial (such as is nail polish safe) then they should not open or respond to posts.

I guess that the maturity level on this board is not what I expect from soon to be moms (or already moms) who really should be helpful/thankful/grateful to one another instead of snarky. It really isn't an appealing trait to have and it does make me sad for some of you. 

Awwwwwwwwwwww.....still steamed about your nail polish flaming?  And still sad for us all? You need a new theme babes. That one is getting old.

• imagemommy2be0310:
    I agree.....  we need to be suportive, not drag each other down.

This! 

• wow a few snarky posts and so many can't handle it... google puppies and rainbows and find a more "supportive" board!
  • I am an advocate of sarcasm...just not when the intention is to make fun of others. 
  • imageTatum15:

Ummm Ya Amy I do...I just didn't post on the GP board because it seemed to be a bunch of immature winey women that made fun of everything any chance they got. Soo with that being said...why are you on the first tri board exactly?

Just hanging out and watching you try to change the whole boards dynamic with your P&R post. 

• imageTatum15:

Ummm Ya Amy I do...I just didn't post on the GP board because it seemed to be a bunch of immature winey women that made fun of everything any chance they got. Soo with that being said...why are you on the first tri board exactly?

well then, you weren't a part of GP, nor do you know us.  Don't make generalizations that you know (obviously) NOTHING about.  They are a group of great women.  And just b/c Amy comes over here to post and she isn't tech in 1st tri, I don't remember being a set of rules about it - anyone can post here.

I usually lurk but find the snark entertaining. 

You should just let it go. Grow up.  But I guess you were the one actually doing name calling in school.

• imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:

I really can't believe the attitudes of some people on this board. Some people act like they own this board and THINK that the snarkiness is funny. If people have questions they should be answered honestly. If some people think that some questions ar trivial (such as is nail polish safe) then they should not open or respond to posts.

Awwwwwwwwwwww.....still steamed about your nail polish flaming?  And still sad for us all? You need a new theme babes. That one is getting old.

Sorry, but this post is also related to what happened last night! You really need to stop your attitude because it is not appealing at all and it is not helpful to people on this board. Again, if you don't like a post then don't open it or respond because sarcasm is not needed.

• imageaubie96:
    imageTatum15:

well then, you weren't a part of GP, nor do you know us.  Don't make generalizations that you know (obviously) NOTHING about.  They are a group of great women.  And just b/c Amy comes over here to post and she isn't tech in 1st tri, I don't remember being a set of rules about it - anyone can post here.

You should just let it go. Grow up.  But I guess you were the one actually doing name calling in school.

Hey Aubie! Hows it hangin?

• imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:

Sorry, but this post is also related to what happened last night! You really need to stop your attitude because it is not appealing at all and it is not helpful to people on this board. Again, if you don't like a post then don't open it or respond because sarcasm is not needed.

Yes I know you are still mad about last night. Did I not point that out already above?

You are a bit dim as well as completely devoid of a sense of humor.

• imagebeanie00914:
    imageaubie96:
    imageTatum15:

Hey Aubie! Hows it hangin?

hey beanie girl!!!!!  good, and you?!!? 

• imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:

Yes I know you are still mad about last night. Did I not point that out already above?

A sense of humor is different then picking on people (relentlessly). If you think that if funny than you have a sick sense of humor. Give it up!

• YAY! There is a new one every month...

Do they just C&P the previous months post?

• imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:

:: runs to check out what all the hype is "about last night" ::

• imageCharlotteBelle:
    Guess people don't have anything better to do than be b*tches. The way this board has been the past few days, really makes me not care so much about being a part of it.

Day? Um...try years...

May I direct you to babygaga.com?

• Here you go aubie darling.

From our resident nailpolish expert.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/21535694.aspx

• imageCathyMD:

Here you go aubie darling.

From our resident nailpolish expert.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/21535694.aspx

Truth hurts! Again, facts are what should be brought to this board and let the people decide what they want to do with them. Facts are way more helpful than sarcasm to what you may think is trivial!

• imagekimbaharkins@hotmail.com:

I've gotten a bit disgusted with the board too.  I've been trolling the internet for others and there seems to be a good one at ivilliage.  They group people according to due date (ie all March Mommies are together) instead of by trimester,  so you shouldn't keep seeing a constant repeat of all the beginning questions. 

Thanks...I'm going to check out ivilliage now. The nastiness on this board recently is so absurd. I'm over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"