1st Trimester

Today's the day I tell DH!! (long)

(for those of you who don't know. I decided to wait until today to tell DH because he's been studying HARDCORE for his CPA exam which he is taking this afternoon. I didn't want him to loose focus and it wouldn't do any harm to wait 3 days to tell him (except on my sanity!! hehehe)

Well, it's FINALLY here and let me tell you, these last 3 days have felt like an eternity!! Before I tell you my plan, here's another tid bit that makes it so much sweeter! Last night we got together with DH's family for his neice's birthday at Chuck E Cheese. My SIL and MIL would NOT leave me alone about having babies! Even his G-ma pulled out the "oh, you better have a baby soon because I'm getting older you know". (hahaha little do they know!) I told my MIL that my sister just got engaged and she said laughing..... "great. that's just f-ing great, no babies for another 9 months" (my sis is getting married May 14th) and I'm due on May 3rd (well that is what my ticker shows, won't know exact date until our first appt.)Meanwhile, DH doesn't even know I'm KU. It was kind of fun having a secret that NO ONE else knew! Just knowing that we get to share the wonderful news very soon with them all made me want to burst into tears at the party.

Getting to the scoop! Okay, here's the plan. DH is on his way to take his test and study beforehand. (an hour and a half away) It's a timed 3 hour test and starts at 12pm. So, that'll put him on the road back home at 3pm and to our house around 4:30pm which is the time I get outta work. So, the video camera is all set up in the kitchen, kinda hidden by our wine rack. I have an old UPS box that I got when I ordered something from ebay a while back. I'm going to use that box and tell him that I ordered him something online and how glad I was it came today being he just finished his test! (I order things for him a lot on ebay, so he'll think nothing of it) Well, inside the box I have  a super cute stuffed sock monkey (we call eachother monkey as nicknames) and a baby hat that says "mastercraft" on it (he's been DYING to order one of these ever since we've started TTC because we own a mastercraft boat and that's his pride and joy) and of course my BFP HPT!! He's going to be sooo surprised! When I get home and he's out of the kitchen, I'm going to turn the video camera on and go and get the box and set it on the counter so I get it all on video!!!

**Earlier in the week I told him I thought I O'd later than I originally did so I wouldn't be able to test until next week. I didn't need  a reason to fold under the pressure to keep my secret.

So there it is in a nutshell! Wish me luck! I'm already on the verge of tears just thinking about it this morning!!!

Re: Today's the day I tell DH!! (long)

• Awww, that's so exciting!
  • Good luck, hope everything goes according to plan!

?

Oh and P.S. best of luck to your DH, the CPA exam is no joke!?

• Loading the player...
  • Cute plan!! Good luck - I'm sure he'll be thrilled!
  • Sounds like a great plan!

GL and let us know how he reacted! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJordanS803:

Good luck, hope everything goes according to plan!

Oh and P.S. best of luck to your DH, the CPA exam is no joke! 

Thank you! I know.. it's a very grueling 4 part exam! yuck!

• I know some people will give you a hard time for not telling him, but I think studying for CPA/BAR/MCAT etc. is a really good time not to lose focus.  It's only 3 days, but for him it might make all the difference on a major, major  test day.  You already had your 'test' day!Wink
  • Thats awesome! Report back on his reaction! And GL to your DH on that test!
  • Good luck!
  • imageurbanwifey:
    I know some people will give you a hard time for not telling him, but I think studying for CPA/BAR/MCAT etc. is a really good time not to lose focus.  It's only 3 days, but for him it might make all the difference on a major, major  test day.  You already had your 'test' day!Wink

Thank you urbanwifey! I've actually gotten a pretty positive response back from people regarding waiting to tell. I think ppl know how hard these tests are or have heard from other ppl so they understand totally! Smile

• thats an awesome plan, so exciting!

• That is such a good idea! I lovvvve surprising my FI with creative things like that. Waiting to unveil the surprise is always the hardest part but this one is definitely going to be life changing. Please update tonight! :0)
  • That's a really great idea...hope it goes off without a hitch!

Btw, cute weimaraner.  Our furbaby is a weim too :)

• imageWonder_Wall:
    That is such a good idea! I lovvvve surprising my FI with creative things like that. Waiting to unveil the surprise is always the hardest part but this one is definitely going to be life changing. Please update tonight! :0)

I'll probably update on Monday. I usually don't Bump over the weekend's. We're always SOOO busy! But yes, I PROMISE I'll update everyone!

• imageTDM:

That's a really great idea...hope it goes off without a hitch!

Btw, cute weimaraner.  Our furbaby is a weim too :)

Aww thanks! Izzie Mae is almost 2. She is our life! How old is yours? name?

• That is awesome, tell us how it goes, hope you have a great day!
  • imageurbanwifey:
    I know some people will give you a hard time for not telling him, but I think studying for CPA/BAR/MCAT etc. is a really good time not to lose focus.  It's only 3 days, but for him it might make all the difference on a major, major  test day.  You already had your 'test' day!Wink

Yes, if my DH told me that he was pregnant was I was taking the Bar I wouldve freaked out.......... :)

Hope all goes well. Let us know how it went!!

• Thank you everyone! I'll update on Monday ( I usually don't bump ovet the weekend!)
  • that is freaking awesome!  I applaud you for keeping it to yourself for this long.  I thought it was a long time when I waited 30min for my DH to get up that morning to tell him.  congrats! have fun celebrating tonight.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so excited for you!!!!! Good luck and let us know how it goes :)
    My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Wow!  That is so exciting and a great way to share it with him!  I'm amazed you could keep it a secret that long!  Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    #1: 2/2009 m/c @ 6wks
    #2: 3/2010 DS born
    #3: 2/2012 m/c @ 9wks
    #4: 11/2012 sillborn @ 21wks dx: hypercoil cord
    #5: 6/2013 m/c @ 12wks
    #6: 1/4/2014 m/c @ 7wks
    #7: Here we go again! Please stick baby!

• Good Luck!  I love this idea... and you ARE a good secret keeper!  I thought waiting for DH to get home from work was bad...

Congrats!

• How fun!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! GL!! Big Smile
  • Wow!  I can't believe you kept your little secret after last night.  I definitiely would have cracked.  GL today with your news!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oooh good luck!! I can't wait to hear how it went! I got my BFP the same day as you did.. I was so excited when I read your post on the GP board!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"