1st Trimester

Future Mommies Program

Hi All!  My insurance (BCBS) offers this as a free benefit for pregnant women.  Do any of you have this as an option with your insurance?  Are you using it? Any thoughts?

Re: Future Mommies Program

• Mine has it, I'm enrolled and I'm a fan. They asked a bunch of questions in the beginning and will a little later on too. They sent me Your Pregnancy Week by Week for free, which is such a useful book and I get to deduct 150$ from my hospital visit copay. You can call the nurses anytime to ask questions and they are almost always helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great!  That's what I was hoping to hear.  I'm a big fan of being able to call a nurse and actually speak to them immediately instead of waiting for the three to four hour call back you get with the doc.  I didn't know about the deduction - I'll have to look into that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You are welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I enrolled in this program too. It's worth it just to get the free book. But it's nice to know there's trained nurses I can call day or night with questions about anything. I've called a few times and they've been super nice and helpful. They do ask you a lot of questions when you enroll, so call when you have like 15-20 minutes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I just enrolled this week. I also get a deduction from my insurance for participating in it. The initial phone call does take a while, but the nurse was really nice, and I'm comforted to know that there's someone else I can call if I have questions but am not ready to call my practitioner yet.
  • I have Anthem insurance and they also offer a similar program. I love it for the same reasons. Especially access to the 24-hour nurse line.  I haven't met with my OB yet, so it's been great to have another resource. 
  • I have anthem, under DH's name... is the program up on their website? this is the first I heard of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"