1st Trimester
Options

s/o quitting smoking.

So, as I said in the thread below about smoking.  I did quit smoking on the day I got my bfp at 10 dpo.  I have a question for others who quit when they got their bfps.  I know I won't smoke when I am pg, but I don't feel like I've quit for life.  I'm afraid that I will start again after the baby is born.  How do you feel?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore

Re: s/o quitting smoking.

• Options
    I don't have any advice but your dog is really cute.  Is it a cocker?  Albino?  I have two cocker babies :o)
  • Options
    I quit with my first daughter when I got the BFP and started up again after she was about 1yr old. We quit about two months ago because at 4 she was aware of what we were doing, and I felt so bad. Now I am pg again, and hope I never go back. You just have to fight it every day. Just like any other drug addiction.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have quit and started again a ton of times.  This time, I'm done.  I promised my daughter that I would never smoke again.  I can't break that promise.
  • Options

imagePeach&Fireworks:
    I don't have any advice but your dog is really cute.  Is it a cocker?  Albino?  I have two cocker babies :o)

:D.  Nah, she's a poodle mix.  Might have some springer spaniel in her though.

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options

imagejill_en:
    You just have to fight it every day. Just like any other drug addiction.

Yes, I know.  But one of my coping mechanisms is to say to myself how I can smoke again one day when I'm not pg anymore...  I know its the wrong mentality

• Options

I won't go back just because I feel like I'm done with that part of my life.  Smoking is unhealthy and way too expensive.  I was glad that my BFP gave me the push I needed to finally stop. 

It's ok if you're telling yourself you can smoke again one day.  Use whatever coping mechanism you have to to be successful :) 

• Options
    I quit the day I got my BFP... I hope I do not start again once the baby is here, I just think about how much better I smell and how I don't want to hold my baby after smoking and then have the baby smell like cigs... I think that's what will keep me going.  Now, if only I could get DH to quit...
  • Options
    I quite when I found out but I was only smoking when I drank at the bar on the weekends or if I had a stressful day at work. I have a feeling I may start again once the baby is born but I'm not sure if I will unless I'm around it. Since you can't smoke anywhere in California I don't feel like I'll start again. But you never know. I'll just take it day by day after LO is born.
  • Options
    I have not had a cigarette since my BFP and was totally convinced I would never go back.  I know for a fact I do not want to be the smoker I was before the BFP.  However, I have started thinking I will socially smoke on nights out with friends sans child.  I do not want my child to see me smoke or be subject to the smell due to my actions EVER!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!

• Options

image*CBK*:
    I have not had a cigarette since my BFP and was totally convinced I would never go back.  I know for a fact I do not want to be the smoker I was before the BFP.  However, I have started thinking I will socially smoke on nights out with friends sans child.  I do not want my child to see me smoke or be subject to the smell due to my actions EVER!

I feel the same way. <3

Bio! Baby S Blog
    "Through it all you're always my best friend" 8*24*07
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I quit smoking cold turkey when I got my 1st BFP with #1.  I haven't smoked since and that was 3 years ago and another pregnancy.  I will say the longer time goes by the easier it gets.  I still have my moments where I want one, but they are rare these days.
  • Options
    The hubs and I used to smoke a pack a day each until we finally decided to quit two years ago. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do and thank god we had each other or we never would have made it. EVERY day I still think about it, I still crave it, but I will never touch it again. I know how hard it was to quit and I never want to experience that again. I can't imagine finding out you are preggers and having to quit, you all are amazing. Keep up the hard work, it will be worth it in the end but just know that it is hard and tell yourself you only have to go through this once if you quit and don't pick it up again! Good Luck Ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"