Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Ideas for DD's Alice in "One"derland Party

My DD's name is Alice, so I thought it was a perfect theme - if not a little cheesy.  Any good ideas? thanks!

Re: Ideas for DD's Alice in "One"derland Party

• Options
    wait someone once posted a website that gave party ideas - and one of them was a Alice in Wonderland theme...let me look in my cookies...lol...
  • Options

That's a really cute idea!

If you decide to do centerpieces for the tables maybe try and find roses, irises and daffodils like the talking flowers in the movie?

Pin the hat on the Mad Hatter.

You definitlely have to buy her an Alice dress too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

too cute! First thing I can think of is a whimsical slanted cake. Kinda like this:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    these are all GREAT ideas!  I think I need to reread the book - I forgot about so many parts.  How could I forget about "happy unbirthday?"  Thanks, ladies! 
  • Options

You should have teapots with those flowers that MM suggested as the centerpiece.

She needs the dress.

Find lots of whimsical party supplies

Here are images from google:

https://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=alice+in+wonderland+birthday+party&rlz=1R2SKPB_enUS330&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=pYKVStmxGpmRjAfRlcz8DQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

you could have signs set up around the house saying this way, right, left, go back, etc..

For favors, you could do personalized deck of cards.

I would set it up like a tea party. I love this idea!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm pretty sure this will be our theme too. Here are some ideas that we may or may not follow through on:

There are some awesome invitations on etsy you could use. Some look like a playing card with the details. She will even print them backwards if you want so you have to read them "through the looking glass" aka mirror. Just do a search for alice in wonderland invitations.

You could serve the food on a table with playing cards strewn about. Little signs saying Eat Me and Drink Me. White and red roses. Or you could do a tea party.

You could have croquet set up for people to play. Maybe make some cute designs around the croquet holes (like Down the Rabbit Hole).

Other games include Paint The Roses Red (have white fake roses and either let guests paint by brush or spray bottle wearing an art smock). Or maybe a Cheshire Cat pinata for the older kids. Maybe have people decorate silly hats.

The ever popular Nest "giant cupcake" would be cute I think with smaller cupcakes for guests and/or make a topsy turvy cake with the top being a teacup.

Tons of favor options. Make sure the thank you cards say "A very merry unbirthday to you."

Your daughter simply must wear a white/blue dress.

• Options
    I love this idea for your dd's 1st bday! and all the pp have great ideas ... just wanted to share a link I had saved in my bookmarks that might be helpful - https://partyplanningmom.blogspot.com/2008/06/alice-in-wonderland-tea-party-4th.html
  • Options
    What a super cute idea ...that is one of my favorite movies. DD has a January bday so I have been trying to come up with something wintery...but maybe I could play off the Alice idea....Disney maybe
  • Options
    Wow, you guys are awesome!  Thanks so much!  Hopefully all this inspiration will get my butt into party planning mode.  I can't believe her b-day is so close already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"