1st Trimester

Telling parents...

Did you tell your parents and in-laws at the same time? If not, how far apart?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Telling parents...

• We told ours within hours of each other.  We found out a few days before our 3rd wedding anniversary, so we called my mom (she lived in NJ, hated doing it over the phone, but oh well) and then went out for a combined anniversary dinner with the ILs a couple hours later.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we'll be telling them at the same time.  We're going to take them out to dinner and give them each a photo book that I'm making. The last two pages will have a picture from the u/s and my puppy wearing his shirt that says my mommy is pregnant and all I got was this shirt.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • We live in TX and our families live in FL. He called his, I called mine.

• imagemagdalina.h:
    I think we'll be telling them at the same time.  We're going to take them out to dinner and give them each a photo book that I'm making. The last two pages will have a picture from the u/s and my puppy wearing his shirt that says my mommy is pregnant and all I got was this shirt.

That's a really cute way to tell! I finally got our wedding album (over 2 years later...) and I'm going to put a pic of the BFP in the back, which will be how we tell my MIL. I think we'll just cleverly work it into the conversation for my parents and FIL. (ILs are divorced).

• I told my mom a couple of weeks ago. MIL, my dad, and our siblings will all find out in a few weeks... maybe around 10 weeks after my first official appt. We saw the heartbeat already, but I don't want to tell MIL until I wouldn't be as upset if it got out on facebook.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We told my family first. ?We had a dinner on friday b/c my brother is going back to college. ?Last family dinner for awhile so we thought that was a good time to tell. ? ?My in laws were out of town until today. ?We tell them in a couple of hours. ?For some reason i'm nervous!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One day apart. We needed to tell my parents (long story), but we decided it was only fair to tell both sets around the same time.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• I'm having trouble figuring out WHEN to tell them. I am 6 weeks today and of course am busting at the seams to tell at least our parents, but am a little apprehensive in case something happens. What are your thoughts on this?
  • Inlaws found out about a week before my family. My family was out of state so we had to travel to see them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"