2nd Trimester

I should not be allowed near baby clothes.

We stopped in one store that had baby clothes and I walked out with waaaay too much.  And very little of it could be considered gender neutral.  I'm going to have to squirrel it away before my mom comes to visit again or it will give the sex away.

And we're supposed to be going tomorrow specifically to look for clothes and other baby items.  Surprise

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Blog

Re: I should not be allowed near baby clothes.

• I totally feel your pain in this!
  • This is why I don't go into baby stores or baby sections.  The force is too strong.  It's easier to go to the second-hand baby stores...the damage to my wallet is less severe.

• Loading the player...
  • I am completely with you on this...I went into Kohls and got $115.00 worth of baby clothes, wash cloths, etc for $74.00.  They were having an awesome sale and I just couldn't help myself :)
    ::TTC #2 since April 2010:: Diagnosed: PCOS ~ March 2011, Diagnosed: Mild CAH ~ May 2011, Myomectomy ~ June 2011
  • I think I am single handedly keeping Target and Marshalls open. Embarrassed
  • I'm trying not to buy, but I drool over everything!
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • We have known the gender for all of two days, and we already have a ton of boy stuff.  Funny how that happens....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Did the clothes have ruffles....?
  • ROFL

I'm not that easy.

Some have stripes and one of the onesies I bought has a giraffe on it. But that one is gender neutral.

My Blog

• I work at kohl's and have to look at the cute baby clothes everyday. my hubby won't let me buy anything until we know the sex though. 
  • This is also the first stuff we've bought for the baby.  I think that's why I'm a leetle crazy over it.  That and looking around in a panic one night and realizing we had no baby clothes . . .

My Blog

• This is why Team Smug SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS and Team Green is EEEEEAAAAAAAAASY!

::Sticks tongue out at easjer05::

• lol

*smooches MrstlcS*

But I don't know how you find gender neutral stuff.  It's HARD.  And that's with me searching both boy and girl sections looking for in-between sorts of things and not caring if a girl wears blue or a boy wears yellow.

My Blog

• I went to Penney's the day of our big u/s, and bought a TON of onesies and stuff... including 2 pair of Osh Kosh overalls, size 18 & 24 mo!  They were on sale, I wore overalls my whole childhood, so will Charlie!  What's funny, is that my uncle posted a pic of my cousin in about 1974, and he has on the same overalls I bought for Charlie!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're going to Penney's tomorrow (God save us in the tax free crowds) and I pointed out overalls to DH today, lol.  I was talking about how great and unisex and cute they are and he was saying absolutely NOT because he couldn't handle diaper changes with a squirmy kid and overalls.  I grabbed a pair and pointed out that in baby sizes they still have the snappy bottoms and he looked sheepish.

But we haven't bought any yet.  I mostly tend to buy sleepers and onesies.  

My Blog

• DD had overalls when she was tiny.  She looked so freakin' adorable in them. 
  • I've been trying to find some red corduroy overalls for my boy... they were my faves when I was a little girl, but I can't seem to find them!  I guess that's just a little too early 80s...
  • imageeasjer05:

lol

*smooches MrstlcS*

But I don't know how you find gender neutral stuff.  It's HARD.  And that's with me searching both boy and girl sections looking for in-between sorts of things and not caring if a girl wears blue or a boy wears yellow.

Agreed.  No one seems to make g/n clothes anymore.... 

I do looooove overalls for both boys and girls though!

• Aw, don't be too hard on yourself. I think everyone deserves a splurge at some point on baby clothes! I think it's completely normal--and I would also like to hear more about the styles of the non-gender neutral clothes that you picked out!

• imageStephanieLoes:
    imageeasjer05:

lol

*smooches MrstlcS*

Agreed.  No one seems to make g/n clothes anymore.... 

I do looooove overalls for both boys and girls though!

I must have a special gender neutral city.  I've not had problems :)

Kohls is awesome.

• I was even more horrible! A month before we found out what the baby was, we bought hundreds of dollars of boy AND girl clothes, kept the tags, and returned boy clothes when we found out we were having a girl. 

I know it's bad, but they were having a one-day GREAT sale!

Oh, and I work at Babies R Us, so every day now it feels like I'm buying some article of clothing or another after my shift! 

• i hit some 70-80% off sales at kohl's last week and bought DS some stuff for his bday and some way in advance pjs.  i odn't want to imagine him being that big though :(

i wish i would have known the sex last week so i could have bought some girly sleepers!!  if only! 

• Luckily my friend is due in Oct., so I picked out a few cute things for her today.  I don't know what I'm having, so it keeps me from going overboard there. She doesn't know either, but I found the cutest Halloween & Thanksgiving bibs at Pennys today that I couldn't pass up.  I'm glad I was able to get them for someone!  Plus it satisfied (a little bit, anyway) my need to buy some baby things!
  • Trust me, don't worry about it.  Mason probably has 35-40 outfits, socks, about 4 pairs of crib shoes and a jacket for next fall.  My baby shower is not until October, so I'm not sure how much he'll have then.  I love to shop, so the day of the big u/s, I planned to go to a big mall here.  The mall has an Old Navy, Gap, Carters, Osh Gosh, Stride Rite, Burlington Coat Factory and a huge Children's Place!  I had coupons and purchased things on sale, but he has a lot.  DH lost his mind at Marshalls spending about $80 on clothes.  The best deal we got so far was a 0-3 month Nautica cardigan regular priced $50, we paid $4.50!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"