3rd Trimester

Contractions after I pee

Anyone else experience this? 

They are painful...like severe period cramps, but my ute is also balled up and tight.  They usually last for 30 seconds.  

I'm not really worried because I'll only have one, but it's just a little weird.   

Also, I've had my fair share of BH and they sometimes hurt, but not like this. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Contractions after I pee

• I have the same thing.I get them while I pee too... and I often stop peeing mid stream and can't resume until the contraction stops which also hurts. I feel your pain but I think it's totally normal. I've heard that your ute responds with sympathy contractions that's why they tell you to eat spicy foods etc 'cause when your intestines contract sometimes your ute can respond too. I think it might be a similar thing.. your bladder contracts so you can pee...therefore your ute contracts with sympathy.
  • Hmm I get crampy if I hold my pee too long and then pee - which I do all the time. Ive heard that holding your pee can cause BH or sometimes I think LO is mad that my bladder is infringin on her space.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, I have never had that happen. I do have worse BH if I hold my pee for too long, maybe you should try going more often? Sorry if that question is patronizing, I know we are peeing constantly as it is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Drink more water?
  • I've been drinking about 100oz of water a day and usually don't hold my pee (I just stay at home so I don't have to find a stopping point with whatever I'm doing or anything). 

Maybe I'll try more water and see how that goes.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The same thing happens to me too. They usually aren't painful, but I have noticed menstrual cramps lately after I pee. I think its normal.
  • image4realyo:
    Hmm I get crampy if I hold my pee too long and then pee - which I do all the time. Ive heard that holding your pee can cause BH or sometimes I think LO is mad that my bladder is infringin on her space.

This.  Every time I wake up in the night to pee (which is up to like 7 lately) I'm having a BH so bad, my whole stomach looks like it's just gonna burst it's so tight!  Almost as soon as I empty the ole' bladder, it goes away...

• The only time I have had "pain" after I pee is when I had a UTI. They have strips you can buy to do your own test.  You can get them at the drugstore. They start with an A.  Sorry I can't remember what they're called exactly.

GL!  Feel better soon. 

• I have been getting BH contractions after I pee lately, hopefully they aren't a precursor to what you are now experiencing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"