Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Weird random question

Do you kiss your parents on the lips?  My dad was in town who I see every few years and he got all up in a tizzy because I didn't kiss him on the lips.  I think it is weird.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Emily 8.8.08
Madeline 1.2.11
William 8.5.12

Re: Weird random question

• Nope. Heck, we hardly even hug.
  • Nope. I know people who do - but personally, I think it's weird too.

• Loading the player...
  • My mom used to try that and I'm just not up for it.  BUT, I do kiss Emerson on the mouth.  My H always kisses her on the cheek.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • they never were affectionate when i was little, no kisses, didn't hug at all. so i don't see the point in humoring them now.

a couple years back my mom started trying to kiss everyone on the lips and i find it embarassing.  poor dh :( he hasn't learned how to dodge and avoid like i do. gross!

• imageougrad1:
    My mom used to try that and I'm just not up for it.  BUT, I do kiss Emerson on the mouth.  My H always kisses her on the cheek.

Ditto all of this!

• Nope, I also think it's weird - cheek is about as close as I'll get.
  • My family, no.  My entire IL clan, however, are lip kissers, and started with me when I was just dating DH.  ISH!  I now avoid, get a cheek kiss, and I think they've gotten used to it.  I have no desire to ever kiss my FIL on the lips.... icky!!!!!!! 
  • not anymore. did when i was a kid i suppose. cheek is it now. i do kiss timmy on the lips however.
  • imagepapagena:
     I have no desire to ever kiss my FIL on the lips.... icky!!!!!!! 

this made me lol. then i thought about it w/my own FIL and wanted to vomit a little bit! 

• No I don't.  I think it's weird too.  Although my brother is always trying to kiss me on the lips (he kisses his kids on the lips too), I just turn my head, and my dad kissed my DS on the lips when we left him the other day.  My mom said that he's always done that, but I don't remember him ever kissing me on the lips.  It makes me uncomfortable.
  • Eww no way
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not since I was about 5.  And not even sure if that included dad or not, but I remember kissing mommy on the lips when I was little.  DH and I both kiss DD on the lips now but that will stop in a couple of years.

• Mostly cheek-kissers in my family - I think my mom used to kiss me on the lips when I was little...  My MIL is a lip-kisser.  Ew.
  • imageougrad1:
    BUT, I do kiss Emerson on the mouth.  My H always kisses her on the cheek.

ditto.

my parents & i hug.  my mom & i kiss on the cheek, and my dad is all for hugs.

• Very rarely... but I am extremely close with my family and see them all the time!
  • imagecarolinag:

imagepapagena:
     I have no desire to ever kiss my FIL on the lips.... icky!!!!!!! 

this made me lol. then i thought about it w/my own FIL and wanted to vomit a little bit! 

OMG, I feel like I have swine flu!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"