3rd Trimester

kind of sad.. [short vent]

DH is amazing, dont get me wrong... BUT he doesnt really make me feel good about myself.. We had sex everyday before I started to show.. now Im lucky if I get it once a week.. Its not even that I want sex-it would just be nice to know that he still wanted it. He has been getting better, he will look at me and randomly tell me that I look pretty or something. Maybe it is hormones but I need more :(  HI said something to him about it and he told me that sex is not top priority right now...WTH does that mean?? ugg

Re: kind of sad.. [short vent]

• It probably weirds him out.
  • I think it does too-and that hurts my feelings.. I guess I just need to get over it...
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't worry honey...I'm dealing with the same thing. It sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can't take it personally. He does need to still make you feel wanted and loved, but that doesn't HAVE to be through sex all the time. It just doesn't work for us that well. We still try and sometimes we enjoy it- but there are parts that weird him out and I can't really say that I blame him, my girly parts are definitely different these days.

We try to spend more time hugging, kissing and laying with each other and it sounds like a load of crap, but that has really helped me get over the feeling "unwanted." I know he still wants me, it's just different right now. It helps that he tells me I'm beautiful ALL the time. He is pretty great.

• Try my solution: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/20976239.aspx

Granted, it was a shot in the dark, but it worked!

• I feel for ya.  I was going through the same feelings about a week ago, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.  He is probably just having pre baby anxiety, or just kind of freaked out about how close it is to your due date.  Good Luck!
  • And look how cute you are with your bump!  My DH did that with my 1st and I remember feeling totally bummed out.  Just take care of business yourself- heck he can even watch.  Bet he won't sit still for long....  Surprise 
  • Oh goodness, my husband has not touched me in months..don't get me wrong he loves on me constantly with hugs and kisses and tells me I am the most beautiful pregnant woman ever which is really sweet BUT the thought of sex to him right now is just not there.....I have just come to accept it..I guess its just the way it is for some men. :)
  • i hear ya. my dh actually made the comment 'who would want to have sex with a pg person'. so obviously we are doing not of that, but i cant complain because i dont want to either!

i do wish sometimes he made me feel more attractive though.

• imagehipstrix:

Try my solution: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/20976239.aspx

Granted, it was a shot in the dark, but it worked!

I don't think even that would work for me at this point - but I LOVE this idea. Best ever.

• DH is afraid he'll hurt the baby, although he knows he can't, he still says it feels weird and he worries about her.  The other night we had sex for the first time in weeks and afterwards he kept patting my belly and saying "Sorry baby, daddy loves you".  Maybe your DH is going through the same thing.
  • I have been feeling the same way, I dont know if i am just more sensitive or what!  But it does make you feel very unattractive and not wanted!  That is FOR SURE!!! I cried one day because i was trying to get a kiss and he was being too playful about it and wouldnt be serious!  : (
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • you have sex ocne a week!? Im totally jealous!! Im lucky if I get it twice a month. Mine tells me the same "your still sexy, I dont think your a fat blob, yadda yadda yadda"....We used to do it like rabbits before I started showing. 
  • I have the opposite problem.  My husband is great about telling me I'm beautiful and loving on me, but he still wants sex as often as before, and it's becoming really uncomfortable for me, so of course I don't feel like doing it as often.  I feel terrible, but I also hate feeling guilty about not doing it. 
  • A lot of men are going through all kinds of weird emotional things during pregnancy too - I've even read that sometimes they experience neurochemical changes (though I can't recall the study I read it in, so take it for what it's worth). Maybe he's worried about money or lifestyle changes or whether he's going to be a good father and is just preoccupied. I know hubby has gone through some unfun depression and has been working like crazy b/c he's worried.
  • thanks ladies.. nice to know i am not the only one...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"