1st Trimester

Need help with girls first name

Ok so I tried posting this on the Baby Names board and didnt really get any responses so I'm hoping you all will give a thought/opinion. 

Hello all, I'm still in the very early stages (4 wks, 4 days) but my husband and I CANNOT find a girls name we can agree on. 

His mother passed away when he was 8 and her name was Josephine so we know we definately want to use it as a middle name, but we just cannot agree on a first name.  He really wants to be able to call her _______ Jo, for instance, Mary Jo, etc., which I am not thrilled with.

Any suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Need help with girls first name

• What about calling her Josie?  or Josselyn
  • we're going to have a hard time agreeing on names too, so I'm waiting until we know to even talk about it.  If you're not going to find out I'd still wait another few months to worry, you may just hear something one day you like. Like you said, you're very early, its not worth the stress right now
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure what types of names you like, but here goes....

Scarlett Josephine

Ella

Kara

Morgan

Amelia

Isabella

~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • This doesn't work well with the Jo, but we're going with Claire for a girl.
  • how about Maggie Jo?
  • I like Josephine as a first name. 
  • imagenewslady:
    I like Josephine as a first name. 

Ditto. It's a very pretty and not overly used name. I know that doesn't really help but I'm not really a fan of your husband's "Betty Jo" idea.

• or maybe a variation of Josephine?? Ie. Joelle- Jolynn. etc etc..

My DH and I are struggling on names... period. LOL

I agree that in time it will come to you some how-don't stress yet  have fun with it... GL

imageBabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I agree with others, Josephine is a beautiful name and if you like it you can call her by her whole name or is can be shortened to Josie, Joey, Jo  just a thought. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I actually like the name Josephine. You really don't hear that very often. Anyone watch Dawson's Creek?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom's name is Mary Jo.  Neither she nor I are fans.  She gets a lot of "Mary Joe", for some reason, and she just feels that her name sounds kind of lower-class. 

I do love the name Josephine all by itself, though, especially with the nickname Josie.  We'd seriously considered it but DH's name is Jody and we finally decided it sounded too much like his name.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Love the name Josephine. Friends of mine named their daughter that. I would actually use that as the first name.
  • What about Madison?

You guys could call her Maddy-Jo?

• Ooops, posted to quick:

You could also call her MJ.

• I like Josephine as well.  I have a cousin who named their daughter Abigail Jo - they call her Abby mostly but sometimes to be cutesy you'll hear them say Abby-Jo.  I think that's cute.
  • I have a girlfriend Named Calee Jo

I think its very cute

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"