Toddlers: 24 Months+

Is your DH romantic?

When we were dating DH was very romantic. Now? Not so much....like isn't at all. We never go out just us (just for example last week was the 1st time we went to the movies since 2007...yeah it's sad).  My mom watches DS during the day so we feel guilty asking her to watch him on the weekends and DH's family has NEVER asked/offered to watch DS.

Anyway, I just feel like DH just sees me as Noah's mom...not his wife.  KWIM? I know things were bound to change but even for events (like V-day and anniversaries) he still isn't romantic.  What gives!

So, is your DH romantic? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is your DH romantic?

• NO!  He never really was though so I knew what I was getting.
  • oh HAAAAAAIIILLLLL  NO!  he's terrible at romance.  and when he used to try, he was cheesy.  cute, but cheesy.  now, romance is when he mops the floor or cooks.  ; ) I'll take it!
  • Loading the player...
  • He's much less than he used to be. In some respects I don't mind (flowers are expensive!) but I was really hurt the past few holidays when he put zero effort into gifts. I didn't get anything for my bday, not even a card.
  • imagebrightning:
    He's much less than he used to be. In some respects I don't mind (flowers are expensive!) but I was really hurt the past few holidays when he put zero effort into gifts. I didn't get anything for my bday, not even a card.

Yeah DH has been sucking big time with holidays.  It really hurts my feelings. Crying

• Sounds like you are married to MY husband!  He was a little romantic while we were dating but not a whole lot - so I kind of already knew it.  Although it is probably my fault because he used to open the car door for me and stuff and I finally told him one day that I could open my own door - so maybe I just scared him off....lol.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejessicada76:
    Sounds like you are married to MY husband!  He was a little romantic while we were dating but not a whole lot - so I kind of already knew it.  Although it is probably my fault because he used to open the car door for me and stuff and I finally told him one day that I could open my own door - so maybe I just scared him off....lol.  

This exact same thing happened to us! I think I killed his chivalry. But the door thing was annoying!

• Nope, DH isn't romantic either.
  • absolutely not! he never was REALLY romantic but he would try every once in a while. I agree with poster above, romance is when he does a load of laundry or does the dishes! LOL.....so sad, but i love him!
  • nope. i think after marriage, a lot of that goes out the window. SBT.
  • He used to be! I used to come home from work (on special ocassions) and find paths of rose petals to the bedroom, candle light dinners (usually pizza, the man can't cook to save his life)... he also did all the cleaning afterwars, including picking up the petals from the floor! lol

After marriage... uh... he got me flowers once and i complained for a week abut him spending $120.00 on the arrangement. Got me chocolates on V-day and I asked if he was trying to make me fat?... Yeah... I think I've killed the romantic in him. Ooops!

• Nope.  He's super sweet and loving, but I wouldn't say romantic.
  • Hmm... I have the opposite problem!  He was not at all when we met, but now he is overly affectionate and tries to be romantic a lot!  It's kind if annoying actually... but I will take it over nothing at all! lol
  • imagebrittneycc1982:
    Hmm... I have the opposite problem!  He was not at all when we met, but now he is overly affectionate and tries to be romantic a lot!  It's kind if annoying actually... but I will take it over nothing at all! lol

I'm jealous! Send him to me! J/k!

• Nope never!  Some holidays, he can be romantic, but I feel like I have to ask or remind him.  He is getting better with the whole card thing, because that's what I enjoy the most.  He always has something sweet to write, which always makes me cry.
  • Only when it counts! lol! Like on anniversaries, birthdays or if we had a fight...& a here & there inbetween. He's always been that way.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He was never really all that romantic. I am! lol Ahh he has been lacking in certain depts., we've been together for a long time you would think he knows what to get me or at least know what I like. 'sigh So I actually have to hint to him what I like. Romance = Fail haha

I will say this though, he's stepped up in other places. He's become a better husband, is a lot more patient, cooks (I thought the day would never come) and washes my car, does the laundry. He basically goes above and beyond on little things that add up so that makes it romantic for me because he tries to make things easier for me without me ever asking! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"