1st Trimester

Cravings/Aversions to NON foods? (NOT pica ;)

It's weird, but lately I've been having "aversions" to things/activities, not just food.  Like, if I think about something I have to do, or someplace I have to go, and I'm feeling ill or fatigued, the simple thought of it makes me nauseous.  It just seems to up the barf factor in my tummy (sry if TMI) if I am feeling m/s or something and I have to, say, go to the grocery store or something.  Also, which is way weird for me, the thought of going to my scrapbooking room to dabble around a little bit (usually a FUN activity for me) is one of the things I can't seem to stomach right now.

But at the same time, I'm also finding that I "crave" certain activities that make me feel better, like I could sit and do soduko all day.  And I have never craved a hot bath so much, probably cuz I know I can't take one!  Weird.

Re: Cravings/Aversions to NON foods? (NOT pica ;)

• I don't like the grocery store b/c of the smells... and I'm so tired I have no juice to get simple chores done lately. But as far a bath, you can take them just make sure the water isn't too hot, I'm planning on taking one tonight!
  • Yes, I had aversions to non-food things. My biggest one was the sunshine. I started getting sick right when the summer heat was starting and I associated being hot with being sick. So, I did not want to go into the sun or see the sun. Nice days were my enemy. My house looked like a cave with no windows open for atleast 4 weeks. I know, I am weird.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsKEG:
    Yes, I had aversions to non-food things. My biggest one was the sunshine. I started getting sick right when the summer heat was starting and I associated being hot with being sick. So, I did not want to go into the sun or see the sun. Nice days were my enemy. My house looked like a cave with no windows open for atleast 4 weeks. I know, I am weird.

I have been this way for the last week! I used to love working on my yard but I can't stand the temperature and sun. Now my shades are all pulled down and my grass is looking bad because I can't stand to go out outside. I also have been barely been out doing errands because of the sun and heat and the fact that car rides (except for short distances) make me sick. I feel like I am becoming quite the recluse.

I also haven't been on the nest that much because for some reason sitting at the computer makes me nauseous. I have small increments where I can be on it for 20 minutes and then either I have to lay down on my bed to make the nauseousness go away or I leave the room to go watch t.v. 

Of course the m/s has been debilitating for me when it comes to chores. Doing dishes and taking out the trash are bad because my sense of smell and sweeping and mopping requires me to be on my feet a lot more. (I have to lay down frequently during the day or I starte getting nauseous and light headed)

• I feel like I am getting worse everyday.  I am having major issues with smells.  I keep smelling this stale odor in my kitchen, everytime I go in there I feel sick to my stomach.  I won't even go food shopping because I will not eat any food in the kitchen.  The food is starting to taste like the smell.  my husband thinks I am crazy and notices no smell.

I feel like my sense of taste is off.  everything tastes so bad to me and I actually wish I didn't have to eat anymore.  that will settle my problems.

• i have an aversion to the movie previews for julie & Julia....i dont know why but it makes me gag lol
  • imageInLoveWithYouM2:
    i have an aversion to the movie previews for julie & Julia....i dont know why but it makes me gag lol

I went to this movie and thought it was great, but had to look away from the screen several times because of shots of raw meat and people smacking their food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"