Baby Names

Baby coming next week and having doubts on name?

So I feel like I like this name but I can't say I am in completely in love with it. We are thinking of Harper Danielle.  

The only other name I like would be Ayla (prounounced like Layla but without the L) or Atlee.  Any suggestions or thoughts?

Re: Baby coming next week and having doubts on name?

• I like Ayla a LOT! Harper is ok, but nms. I don't care for Atlee at all. Reminds me of Atlas for some reason. I think both Ayla and Harper sound nice with your son's name. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like Harper, but Ayla is pretty too

I don't like Atlee at all. 

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • i vote for harper. i like it a lot. also i used to walk a dog named ayla, so i think it's a pet name! and i hate atlee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • stick with Harper.  I like it.
  • I'm of the minority and like Atlee. It's cute and I've never heard it before. In second place comes Harper and in third comes Ayla. IMO.
  • Of the three, I like Harper Danielle best.

And, errr, don't mean to pry but, am I seeing things, or is that a picture of you & The President in your signature??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Stick with Harper.  That is really pretty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ayla is NMS but I love Kayla and a friend just named her daughter Anya.

Just keep going through names and I am sure you will find one you are in love with. Best of Luck!

• I love Harper!

• Definitely Harper. Atlee sounds like Natalie or Hadley with letters missing. I feel the same way about Ayla, frankly. I know that spelled another way the pronunciation is an older name, but it looks like a rip off of Kayla or Layla spelled that way.

I think Harper is really cute.

• Harper is adorable!!!! IMO you should stick with your 1st choice.
  • Harper is NMS, but it's better than Ayla or Atlee -- those seem made up.
  • LOVE Harper.  And Ayla is our niece's name.  It's okay but not really my style.  Atlee is BAD.
  • Wow..I didn't think the Ayla would be a hit. Thanks everyone..one week left to choose. :)

Ara4488..yes it is the President with myself and my son. It was back in '05 he came to our town for a city hall meeting. We were lucky enough to get the picture and it is one of our cherished memories. Even if people are a Barack supporter or not..you have to admit it's pretty cool. :)

• I like Ayla the most with your son's name...but Harper is pretty, too.  Ayla is more feminine...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesazzie:
    Harper is NMS, but it's better than Ayla or Atlee -- those seem made up.

This. Any other names you like? Those choices are pretty bad IMO.?

• I REALLY like Harper. Like Harper Lee, author of the brilliant To Kill a Mockingbird. 

I think Atlee is cute, too! So whatever you decide I'm sure will be PERFECT! Good luck!

• imageaubie96:
    stick with Harper.  I like it.

This.

• I think Harper Danielle is really cute!  I also like the sound of Atlee but it looks funny when written....  hmmm. 
  • Harper is okay. Ayla might get pronounced Eye-la. Don't like Atlee
  • Harper GMV!  It goes well with Brody, too.
  • I actually really like Atlee.....it's very different - but not so weird it makes me go WTF?. But Brody & Atlee? When people name their kids things that sound alike it any way, it creeps me out a bit. SO with that I would say Harper. While I think Alya is very pretty - I feel like her whole like people are going to try to call her "Kayla" or something that makes more sense to them. Harper is really pretty. It's one of those names that would be OK M or F.

Good Luck!

Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like Harper, and Ayla as well, but that is because one of the cutest lil girls I know is named Ayla!  Atlee is NMS, but if you like it, it is definately unique and isn't horrible IMO....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"