2nd Trimester
Options

Not gaining any weight...

Okay so I don't know if I should be concerned or not. I have two kids and then I had 3 miscarriages after my daughter so I think I'm just being paranoid. With both of my kids I gain ALOT of weight. I started to show very early. With this pregnancy I have actually lost 8lbs since my 1st appointment. The Dr. didn't say anything about it so I didn't worry but now that I'm 15 weeks and still haven't gained any weight I'm a little nervous. Should I be worried? My next appt isn't for another 2 weeks.

Re: Not gaining any weight...

• Options
    I haven't gained any weight. As long as your baby is growing normally and is on track. I don't see the problem unless your doc is concerned.
  • Options
    I have lost 12 lbs since I got my bfp because of morning sickness.  My dr says it's not a big deal and won't hurt the baby at all.  I wasn't overweight at all before I got pg either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS I didn't gain anything until I was 18w.  Even with the twins I was still under at my 17w appt (I was either 1 pound under pre-pg or 1 pound over).
  • Options
    I've lost 16 lbs since my BFP and have been eating and drinking anything I please.  So long as growth is on schedule I wouldn't worry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I lost a few lbs from m/s in the beginning.  The m/s went away around 10 weeks.  I feel much better now, but I was getting concerned that I wasn't gaining weight.  I'm still under my pre-preg weigh in.  I take a pre-natal and feel confident that my baby is getting all the nutrients he or she needs.  This of it this way... at least you aren't gaining tons of weight and getting yelled at by your doctor.
    Due 10/7/18
    DS 1- 2010, DS 2- 2013
  • Options
    I had lost a pound at my last visit and so far the doctor hasn't said anything about my weight.  It's my DH who keeps trying to shove food down my throat and tells me I need to be gaining weight.  I guess I should feel lucky that it's hard for me to gain weight.
  • Options
    I lost a bunch of weight in 1st tri & still am not back to my normal weight. My dr isn't concerned. My mom only gained like 12 lbs when she was pg with me & I was healthy & 6 lbs 10 oz. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"