Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Clogged milk duct--how long to unclog?? nft

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clogged milk duct--how long to unclog?? nft

• How long does it take to unclog it? It really varies. How long have you had a clog? What have you tried?
  • Apply heat over the clog, massage the area of the breast where the clog is, towards the nipple.  Pump and/or nurse frequently, preferably nurse, babies do a MUCH better job at getting these out.  Try nursing LO immediately after taking a really HOT shower, as hot as you can stand it, with the water beating on your breast... for me it works every time. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Doh!  I read "Clogged milk duct- how to unclog?" not "how long"... sorry for the unsolicited advice.  For me usually takes anywhere from a couple hours to 12 hrs or so.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 12 hours is right. Get the LO on the boob and it really does help. I will warn you though, you supply from that boob will be messed up for a few days don't worry though it sorts itself out.
  • Saw your post on 6-12. Did you actually see an LC or just talk to one over the phone? If you have a stubborn clog, it might also be a milk blister/bleb. I had a clog for 18 hours once...and just when I was about to go absolutely crazy, I realized I had a bleb. Once I cleared that up, I had sweet relief. If you squeeze your nipple to get milk out, do you notice a little white bubble on your nipple (like milk that's trapped under skin)?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"