Trying to Get Pregnant

Frustrated.. Advice?

Hey lovely ladies..

Just call me frustrated!  I am now 4 weeks late with AF.  My last period was on June 10th.  I was at the gyno on July 24th and had blood work done because I was questioning if I was just skipping a period or pregnant.  The blood work came back negative.  DH and I have still been BD regularly since then, but it's hard to tell when O is since I haven't had a period in two months.

My thought is it's because my body is regulating itself since I went of BC, but that was in last September.  From Sept til April, I had exactly 4 week cycles, which was due to the BC.  I skipped April, and had regular May and June cycles, which was my last.  I don't want to be that person that's like, I should have started AF on Wednesday morning.  I'm trying not to stress over it, because I know that can also delay AF, but it's hard.

I don't want to re-test yet, being that I still haven't started AF it's hard not to.  Is it normal for your body to take a while coming off clockwork cycles?  Sorry that I don't have a chart created to look at.  Any advice is appreciated! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Frustrated.. Advice?

• I am alittle confused...when exactly did you stop the BC? You said September, but then you said you had regular cycles until April "due to the BC".

So if it was April....you are correct, it could be your body just regulating. It can take a while, up to a year in some cases.

Look into charting, when AF shows you can start a charting cycle and figure out when you o.

You may turn out to be a long cycle person, or not.

GL.

• Unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait.  Then retest.  If AF still isn't coming schedule another appt with your OB.  She/He can retest for pregnancy or prescribe something to restart your cycle if their test comes back negative.  Hope everything works out.

• Loading the player...
  • Heya! It can definitely take a long while to regulate after stopping the pill.  You're pretty close to going 60 days without a period, so consider calling your doctor and asking when he/she will consider giving you provera.  This will jump start your period.  Before they give you that, they can test your progesterone level to tell if you've ovulated yet.  You most likely haven't but you might have or might still.
  • I just read some of your past posts.

You need to get a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

GL.

• Honestly, your body can change at the drop of a hat. I was pretty sure that my cycle had regulated, a year after stopping BC. Then it went wacky for a few months. You can get drugs to help, get a doc to look around in there to make sure things are ok, or wait it out. Good luck!
  • imageCathyMD:

I am alittle confused...when exactly did you stop the BC? You said September, but then you said you had regular cycles until April "due to the BC".

So if it was April....you are correct, it could be your body just regulating. It can take a while, up to a year in some cases.

Look into charting, when AF shows you can start a charting cycle and figure out when you o.

You may turn out to be a long cycle person, or not.

GL.

Stopped BC in September, but I was just assuming my body kept itself regulated on what was my 4 week cycle until April.  I had been on BC for 8 years before I stopped taking it.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCathyMD:

I just read some of your past posts.

You need to get a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

GL.

Yep!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Ah ha!  Also, just putting it out there that it is pretty rare to not secrete hcg into urine.  So pregnancy tests really do work for most everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"