3rd Trimester

Rough Trip to L & D- semi long

Yesterday I posted about losing my MP.  Talked to the doc, she said that was ok, just to be watching for regular contractions.  Walked the mall and walked at work.  Which apparently worked-sort of. 

AT 1:30 am woke up with pretty intense contractions and I began timing them...They were about 7-10 minutes apart and I was having cramping when I wasn't having the actual contractions.  So I call the hospital and they have me come in. 

I get settled in, get checked and I'm still 2cm/50%effaced.  They monitor my contractions which they see are pretty frequently and some are definately big contractions.  They call my doctor, who suggests Nubane, to slow down the contractions.  Nurse injects that right into my behind!  Other than that medicine made feel drunk, tired, & crazy loopy.  It did nothing.  I still had the big contractions, just took away some of the little contractions. 

So I suck it up and deal with being uncomfortable for the next few hours until Dr. Dameron can get in.  Finally she arrives and checks me again.  Still 2cm and 50-60% effaced.  At this point I'm holding back tears.  She tells me if I would have dialted just half a centimeter she would break my water to get everything going.  Instead she gives me some Ambian to take at home, and hopefully when I wake up I'm in full blown labor. She told me to go home take a nap and when I wake up she hopes I call her and tell her I'm in labor. (Me too)

She told me the baby is perfectly fine, lungs are ok, everythings working great so if I deliver, I deliver....I just hate this stupid waiting game! Right as we were leaving the music came over the speaker that means a baby was born.  I lost it, totally started bawling. I just keep thinking "I want MY baby!" 

Sorry, just needed to vent to other pregant ladies....No one else would understand 

Re: Rough Trip to L & D- semi long

• false labor blows. I'd honestly be happy though that my baby had a bit more time to cook. No way to know the lungs are truly fine until its out - the doc is guessing based on stats.

• stay strong it will happen. i hope your not in too much pain. most docs that i know want it to be natural instead of inducing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I hope you can get in a good nap and I'll cross my fingers that you're farther along when you wake up!  That's one of my biggest "fears" that I'll go in and they'll send me home. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Dont know your history but hope that everything works out!
  • Is there a reason you are high risk and want the baby to come so early? Or is it just the emotional stress of the up and down getting to you?
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • afgafg member
    You are still very early to deliver.  Like pp said, it's a guessing game at this point for the doctor to say the lungs are fine at 35wks.
  • I'm not trying to be a super b!tch or anything, but you're not even full term yet & you are sad that your LO is still on the inside and you're trying to encourage labor? I mean I understand that you're at the end & uncomfortable & whatnot, but pregnancy is 40 weeks for a reason. Sure some women deliver early & their babies are fine, but what about those LOs who are born early & have health problems for the rest of their lives because they missed out on that very important last month? I'm sorry, but this post sounds very selfish to me. Heck ya I'm uncomfortable & I'm done being pregnant, I want to sleep on my back again & wear normal clothes & meet my LO, but she will come when she is ready to come. You really need to sit back, be patient & let that LO finish with what she needs to do on the inside.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh you poor thing! I am so sorry that your LO didn't come last night! get up this morning and go for like a 2 mile walk and go see a movie! Ugly truth is funny! then walk some more and hope you bring baby closer and you get more dilated! 

GOOD LUCK! and for all the women pissed you want LO to come now, your not 5 weeks early your 2 weeks early, fully baked is 37 weeks! I get where you are coming from! 

• imagesalena.M:

Oh you poor thing! I am so sorry that your LO didn't come last night! get up this morning and go for like a 2 mile walk and go see a movie! Ugly truth is funny! then walk some more and hope you bring baby closer and you get more dilated! 

GOOD LUCK! and for all the women pissed you want LO to come now, your not 5 weeks early your 2 weeks early, fully baked is 37 weeks! I get where you are coming from! 

Um, Nooooo....37 weeks is just the point where most docs will let labor occur naturally without trying to stop it. There can still be lung and brain development in that 2-3 week window. Also, any baby earlier than 36 weeks usually is granted a free trip to the NICU. And her doc has nothing better than a "best guess" that the baby's lungs are ready, unless there is a question about her due date being wrong, or she has some other risk factor like pre-e that would make an early delivery recommended.

What rock have you been googling under?

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • imageheatherlane:
    imagesalena.M:

Oh you poor thing! I am so sorry that your LO didn't come last night! get up this morning and go for like a 2 mile walk and go see a movie! Ugly truth is funny! then walk some more and hope you bring baby closer and you get more dilated! 

Um, Nooooo....37 weeks is just the point where most docs will let labor occur naturally without trying to stop it. There can still be lung and brain development in that 2-3 week window. Also, any baby earlier than 36 weeks usually is granted a free trip to the NICU. And her doc has nothing better than a "best guess" that the baby's lungs are ready, unless there is a question about her due date being wrong, or she has some other risk factor like pre-e that would make an early delivery recommended.

The problem with the googling is the googler can pick and choose what they want to read and believe.   They may find 100 sites that say 37 weeks is still to early, they may find 1 that says 37 is fully baked and they'll believe that one. 

I learned this when my cousin spent 1/2 an hour finding a website saying smoking pot while pregnant doesn't hurt the baby and ignored the 100's of others that said it causes low birth weight.  The fact that her baby stopped growing at 34 weeks was just a coincidence! 

• Confused

If there are no issues that make you high risk at this point you should be glad you didn't deliver yet. At 35 weeks I would be asking them to stop my labor, not be trying to induce it. You really don't want your LO in the NICU.

Plus - without an amnio how do they know your baby's lungs are "fine." There is no way to know that.

I know it gets uncomfortable (I am measuring 41 weeks right now), and that you get anxious to meet the little one, but if she is not ready yet don't try to force it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought I was having my baby last Friday and I am SO relieved that I didn't!

I Know its hard, we all feel like crap by this point, but your LO needs the time to "cook" so it is a good thing.  That sounds like a really rough time in L&D though so hopefully you won't have any more false labor.

• imageheatherlane:
    imagesalena.M:

Actually,  36 weeks does not automatically mean a trip to the NICU. Depending on the nursery, the cut off is usually 34 weeks, if the baby is 34 weeks and doing fine, they can stay in newborn and go home like any other baby. Less than 34 weeks and they will go to special care nursery or if they are having issues will then go to the NICU. And trust me there is nothing "free" about it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"