3rd Trimester

So this got me thinking.....

I was randomly browsing other boards on here, and on the Attachment Parenting board, there's a discussion about whether or not to circumsise boys.

So....what is everyone else's thinking on the subject. Are you/did you, or aren't you/didn't you?

I plan on circumsizing my boys. I didn't read into all the research one way or another (call me a bad mom). But I, as a nurse, have seen many penises, and find that most times the ones that are uncircumsized have more issues than those that are.

Re: So this got me thinking.....

• We are having a girl but if it was a boy I wanted to and DH very much did not.  I think my wanting to was more a social norm actually so I would be open to not if there was compelling research as to why that might be preferable.
  • we plan on circumcising, DH is *TMI* and working in a childcare center I noticed little boys that weren't had more issues, than those who had been circumcised.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope. Not done where DH is from as 'standard' and he was very against it.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We'll be circumsizing. My husband is, so LO will be.
  • We will definitely not be getting this little one circumcised if it's a boy.  He will be just like his Dad.  Though my guy says he would be against it either way.
  • We'll be circumsizing.  Never even thought of doing it any other way.
  • LO will be... and Dh said he will be right there to watch to make sure it's done right. I would like to watch dh 's face when he watches.
  • DH is DS is and so will this one. 
  • Our little guy will have it done.  DH was 21 or so when he finally got it done and he was hands down for doing it right away.  He had to deal with the recovery and it wasn't easy by any means.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We are having a girl, but if LO were a boy, yes we would circumsise. It's not really something that I even questioned before we knew the sex, it was just something that I knew I would do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kirt would have it no other way, so we are getting him snipped. My mother kept saying "why would you want to put him through that kind of pain!" (neither of my brothers are snipped I guess, like i really wanted to know) ...seriously, he will be less than a week old, hes not going to remember what happened.
  • We are doing it and I even found an ob-gyn mohel to do the bris & he'll do the same thing he does when he does them in the hospital so I am happy about that!
  • Nope! We just couldn't do that to our little boy! My DH is and after doing research we decided that baby will be intact!
  • imagehilanic:
    Nope! We just couldn't do that to our little boy! My DH is and after doing research we decided that baby will be intact!

We are circumcising.  My husband had the procedure as an adult and says he much prefers it that way. 

• imageJaiKriBaby:

imagehilanic:
    Nope! We just couldn't do that to our little boy! My DH is and after doing research we decided that baby will be intact!

We are circumcising.  My husband had the procedure as an adult and says he much prefers it that way. 

Oops! I did not mean to quote hilanic's post.  Sorry :)

• Nope - not doing it. In CA I guess it is 50/50 now, so it is not so much of a social norm out here anymore.

We did a lot of research on it and couldn't find a compelling reaason to do it. The American Academy of Pediatrics looked at all the data from the past decades to see if there truly were any medical benefits. Their conclusion - NO. There are no significant medical benefits that make circumcision worth doing. Plus the insurance company views it as unnecessary and doesn't cover it. If you get it done it is completly OOP.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"