Toddlers: 24 Months+

Late 20s, early 30s mamas with 2+ DC

I was just reading that fertility starts to "measurably decline" starting around age 27. So I was wondering, did it take longer to conceive your second (or third, etc) once you reached your late 20s?

Re: Late 20s, early 30s mamas with 2+ DC

• I stopped birth control a few months after DS, Jack, turned 1 and got PG a few months later when I was almost 31 for DC #2

• I just wanted to say I conceived ds at the age of 31 on the first try. We were very fortunate! Hoping to conceive #2 in Dec.
    CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

M/C 1/6/10
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebabylove19:
    I just wanted to say I conceived ds at the age of 31 on the first try. We were very fortunate! Hoping to conceive #2 in Dec.

Yeah, I guess my question could be for first babies too! I guess I was on that mind path b/c it was also discussing secondary infertility is more common than first!!

• we conceived Carson on the first try and i was 29, we will be ttc next summer for number two and i will be 32 going on 33 :::keeping fingers crossed:::
  • When ds was conceived I had just turned 29, he was conceived on the first time & he is our second child.

Michelle

• I don't know if I'm at the age your looking for but I'll chime in anyways :) I had our first child at 24 and it took us over 2 years to conceive her and had to do IUI.  Now with our second I am 27 and had a big surprise when we weren't trying to get pregnant and did.  I had thought it was more late 30's, early 40's that fertility declined, I have never heard of it being that early.

• imageJess0823:

I don't know if I'm at the age your looking for but I'll chime in anyways :) I had our first child at 24 and it took us over 2 years to conceive her and had to do IUI.  Now with our second I am 27 and had a big surprise when we weren't trying to get pregnant and did.  I had thought it was more late 30's, early 40's that fertility declined, I have never heard of it being that early.

I had heard a few years ago that it's starting much earlier now (most likely environment). And the article I was reading says about 20-30% in early to mid 20s, then measurably declines in late 20s, and by late 30s, early 40s, there's only like 5% chance every month. (and the source is American Fertility Assoc.)

• was 26 when I had dd and got pg on first try now am almost 29 and have been trying 7 months for #2
  • Was 30 when conceived Kate.  1st try.

Was 32 when conceived Ben.  2nd try.

• I am 28 now and I got pg on the first try this time, that was not the case with DS.
  • Like I said below, it took us a year and fertility treatments to get pregnant the first time, and I was 26. I'm 28 now and got pregnant on the first try. :)

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Your statistics are depressing. I feel old.Confused

I got pregnant on the 2nd month of TTC with DC#1 and on the 5th month with DC#2.

• I'm 31 and this is our 5th pregnancy.  Each time we got pregnant faster than the time before.  We weren't even trying this time around!
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • I didn't have any trouble getting Pg with either child.  And I was 30 when I got PG with E, and 32 when I got PG with S.  And I was told when I was younger that I'd have trouble.  Nope.
  • Conceived DD when I was 27 on the first try

Conceived DS when I was 29 on the first try

• I was 26 when we concieved dd and we got pregnant the first month. I had just turned 28 when we concieved Carly and it only took 2 months.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was 27 when we concieved DD #1 on 1st try.  We tried for 3 months with DC #2 at 29 and bam...I got pregnant with DC #2 when we weren't trying at 30!
  • I was 30 when we got pregnant the first cycle with DD and i was 32 when i got pregnant with DS, plus i was on the pill and we were not ttc. Age didn't seem to be an issue with me concieving!
  • It took two cycles to get pg with Olivia at age 29.
  • I don't fit the criteria of your post but I'll play anyway:

DS #1 conceived at 34 after 2 years of IF, 1 m/c, multiple fertility treatments and finally a successful IVF.

DS #2 was conceived first cycle trying post-weaning at the ripe age of 36.

Don't tell anyone but we just got a shocker "oops" at 38.

You just never know. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • I was 29yrs when I got pg with Jack after my first month using OPKs. We started trying when for #2 when I was 32yrs and it took 11m to get pg. I was one month away from moving onto fertility meds. I'll be almost 34yrs when this little one arrives.
  • I conceived DD when I was 26 on our first cycle trying.  I lost an ovary with that pregnancy, which worried me.  But, I still conceived DS at the age of 28 on our first cycle trying - which was right after my first post-partum period.  I was so relieved.  I am done now - got the tubes tied!

• #1-I was 26 and it took 8 months of really trying,

#2-I was 27 and we weren't trying but weren't avoiding.  It was about 2 months after my first PP AF.

#3-I was 28 and we were kind of avoiding but not being careful.  It was about 2 months after my first PP AF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"