3rd Trimester

Anyone else having trouble with shaving??

My legs aren't a problem since we have a seat built into our shower I can put my foot on, but I am having an awfully hard time shaving my bikini area.  I can barely see it past my belly, let alone get down there with a razor.  I might have to ask DH to help me with some personal grooming this weekend.
DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

Re: Anyone else having trouble with shaving??

• BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Does that answer your question?

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • I've been using a mirror lately. I refuse to ask DH to help me and I don't think I'd trust him down there with a razor anyway.I plan on getting a wax before delivery.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm just guessing at this point, and hoping it's not too bad. ::shrug:: Before delivery, I'm going to have DH help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had a problem with that for a while now. I don't even want to see the horrible job I've done down there!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • mines not perfect, but it is maintained... sorry if TMI, but I use a mirror first to trim either sitting on the shower seat or on the toilet... then I go by feel.... If i feel stubble, I attack with the razor.  I did cut my self last time but not too badly.  with all these internals every week, I feel bad for the DRs when they have to see it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im thinking that I might have to give up on this too. Its just too much work, cant see anymore and reaching is difficult, I find that out of habit ill go to suck my tummy in and than i get dizzy and really tired!

My frugal living & home management blog: Not A Coupon Queen Blog
  • God, the last time I shaved was.............wow. a long time.I havnt seen my downstairs in forever unless I pass by a mirror. My OB even made a joke to me about it at our last visit. (seems odd but we get along so well) I can barely get my legs done, If I bend over to get my calves I get stuck there.
  • I have been shaving blindly for a loooonnnggg time. A little close to my due date I may try to fix it up a little but until then, I figure oh well.
  • I've been shaving blindly and it seems to be working fine.
  • I had to "tame the beast" earlier this week.  I felt bad for the Dr's who are down in "the jungle".  It was definitely not easy being 38 weeks and looking over a large bump and with all the extra blood flow down there, I came away with a few battle wounds, but it's better than nothing.

• lol... I had the most "humbling" experience this week with DH "helping".  He did a good job... but it's weird to have to give up even THAT control!

Gosh I can't wait.... 54 more days!

• My DH won't even paint my toenails, much less trim the bushes.

I'm using the Trimstyle and going in blind. So far, so good. It's waterproof, so you can use it in the shower, but I sit on the edge of the tub.

Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was going through the same problem. I stopped being so chicken and got a wax done on legs and bikini area. Go figure for the first time..while im prego,lol. It isn't bad at all. Try it.
  • Last time I tried shaving blind I cut myself.  I have given up on the razor and very carefully trim with scissors.  I would go in for a wax, but am scared that I will start bleeding b/c the entire area is so sensitive and engorged right now.  Sorry if TMI.
  • imageTMH0930:
    I was going through the same problem. I stopped being so chicken and got a wax done on legs and bikini area. Go figure for the first time..while im prego,lol. It isn't bad at all. Try it.

Ive wanted to for a while, but Im the kind of person thats paranoid about "contamination". Using things theyve used on other people on me. I have zero trust for anyone but myself it seems, but I think im going to suck it up and try it out anyhow.

• Is anybody NOT having trouble with shaving? 
  • The legs are not hard but what I am doing with my downstairs is having a friend who works at a salon wax it off later this week. I tried the shaving blind... and I just cant do it!!
  • It seems that that's the way things go i am also having troubles shaving, by fiance has been a great help if you are comfortable with that. good luck to everybody though
  • imagekdlafalam:
    God, the last time I shaved was.............wow. a long time.I havnt seen my downstairs in forever unless I pass by a mirror. My OB even made a joke to me about it at our last visit. (seems odd but we get along so well) I can barely get my legs done, If I bend over to get my calves I get stuck there.

My doc said that there's no need -- and she said she stopped long before the stage I'm at (maybe that's TMI from a doc, I don't know) when she was expecting each of her 3 kids. 

I'm letting it go, though I may get a wax next week.

• yeah my legs are not a problem still either... i just have to feel around for the bikini area and shave that way...
  • I haven't been able to see down there for the last few weeks. So I try blindly. I noticed once that I missed a section. So occassionally I just ask DH if I missed any spots.
  • DH actually helped me just last night...with an electric razor.  I don't think I trust him with an actual razor!
  • I am having trouble just shaving my legs.  I don't even attempt the bikini area.

DH has been helping me shave legs and trim bikini area for a while now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"