Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Poll: how much of your DC's diet is organic food?

What percentage or specific items are organic in your DC's diet?

We try to buy it as much as possible.  I would say the majority of things are organic, probably 80%.  i.e., milk, yogurt, Earth's Best purees & cereal bars, etc. 

DD absolutely loves Gerber yogurt melts, so we do make a few exceptions. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: how much of your DC's diet is organic food?

• We are probably around 80% organic as well.
  • probably 60-70% i buy organic milk, yogurt, certain fruits and veggies, sometimes things like pasta, animal cookies, marinara sauce, if they are on sale. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We're probably in that same neighborhood.  We shop at Whole Foods mostly, but some things like Whole Wheat Fishy Crackers and Gerber Cheese Puffs, we just couldn't do without.
  • I would say mostly.  Exceptions would be when we go out to eat, or if we are at someone else's house and she has a snack...everything that is fresh and I can get organic/free range/grass fed, etc. I do.  Her snacks (crackers, etc.) are all the Earth's Best organic as well. 
  • When DS was strictly eating purees, he was eating almost exclusively organic (Earth's Best purees, or me making my own with organic fruits and vegetables). Now, the only things that DS eats that are exclusively organic are milk and yogurt. Now that he's on table foods, finding and being able to afford all organic is not really possible for us.
  • Maybe 30%? We don't need organic milk because Canadian meat and beef standards are different. We do buy local more than organic. 
  • Pretty much 0%. I'm sure she's had something organic (fruit or something) if it was on sale.

• Milk, yogurt, cheese sticks, and some fruit.  Sometimes we'll get some of the Earth's Best cereal bars or some organic squeeze fruit.  We don't have a Whole Foods nearby, so it can be hard to find a lot of organic foods and what we could find was starting to get pretty expensive.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We try to buy organic, especially produce and dairy. But there's not a whole lot of organic around here and sometimes it's outrageously expensive (I bought organic blueberries for $4 today when the non-organic were $2.50 for the same size).  However, with stuff like blueberries I go organic while I don't usually with bananas. I would guess around 50% of his diet is organic. We also buy local so we get his milk from a local dairy that doesn't use hormones.
  • About 75%, or so. 
  • Only milk and yogurt, I used to buy Earth's best when she had purees. I would love to buy more but cant afford it.
  • Hmmm.....approximately 0%.

If I lived in a town that wasn't in the middle of nowhere and actually had affordable organic food, I would probably give DD a lot more.

• imageC Bear E:
    We try to buy organic, especially produce and dairy. But there's not a whole lot of organic around here and sometimes it's outrageously expensive (I bought organic blueberries for $4 today when the non-organic were $2.50 for the same size).  However, with stuff like blueberries I go organic while I don't usually with bananas. I would guess around 50% of his diet is organic. We also buy local so we get his milk from a local dairy that doesn't use hormones.

I hear you.  I bought Ben organic blueberries on Saturday and another package today.  They were $3.49 each.  The bigger container of regular blueberries right next to them were $2.50 as well.  But I'd still rather buy him the organic ones.  I buy him plain old regular bananas too.  I don't think organic is warranted in this case because of the peel.  They're one of the only fruits that I don't buy organic.

• It was about 90%. It will have to be cut down now that I am getting laid off. We will not be able to afford what we were eating. I will keep dairy products organic and try my best to buy local grass fed beef and chicken, but we'll see.
  • imagekelbrian:
    It was about 90%. It will have to be cut down now that I am getting laid off. We will not be able to afford what we were eating. I will keep dairy products organic and try my best to buy local grass fed beef and chicken, but we'll see.

I'm sorry that you're getting laid off!  :(

• around 30-40%.  we try to mostly buy local, fresh and in-season foods and probably half the time it's organic. 
  • I would say like 70% DS loves all the gerber snacks. Other than that its all organic.
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'd say about 85% total, closer to 90-95% at home. We usually bring most of their food when we eat out, but will supplement with fabulously yummy things like french fries and scones that sure aren't organic LOL.

At home, I buy all of our milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs organic. I also buy organic bread, pasta, and rice. All but a few fruits or veggies are organic (when I can't find the organic versions). We don't eat many prepackaged foods, so that leaves very little non-organic food. The big exceptions are Puffs (but we've recently replaced those with Barbara's Puffins cereal, which is organic, and the girls love that) and an occasional goodie someone brings over. I bake with organic butter/flour/brown sugar but found that using organic white sugar messed up the consistency of things so I do use regular white sugar.

I'm big into organics, but also want my kids to eat an occasional junk food of love.

• Maybe 30%. I buy almost all organic dairy, some meat and produce depending on cost.
  • The stuff that comes out of my garden. That's about it.
  • Like 0%.. maybe organic bananas or something if their on sale?
  • imageBlueBelle2004:

Pretty much 0%. I'm sure she's had something organic (fruit or something) if it was on sale.

Same here. DS is perfectly healthy. ?

• probably about 65%-75%.. dairy products, some earth's best stuff, most fruit..

• Probably around 70% or so. I wish it was higher though. 
  • Lipstick - not sure if you're still checking this post.  Happy Baby makes yogurt drops now.  I know Whole Foods carries them. 

I'd say DD's diet is 75% organic. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"