3rd Trimester

Nervous to bring baby home?

Is anyone else starting to get a little nervous (yet excited!) for bringing baby home after delivery?  I am sure these are normal nerves for a first baby, just wondering what thoughts are going through others heads.

Re: Nervous to bring baby home?

• Totally.  My friend said when she brought hers home that she couldnt believe they let you leave with them so tiny!  Of course its normal, but so scary to be in charge of this tiny baby.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • afgafg member
    Oh sure, I think it's normal to worry and think about it.  I don't know if worry is the right word but there is definitely some anxiety there.  I've taken care of newborns before but not my own!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! I'm worried he'll cry and not stop and I won't know what to do! Or that I'll be so exhausted I won't be able to handle everything,or that my family will get here and I'll have a break down with too much going on! My Mom, Sister, BIL and 2 nephews are coming up a few days after he's born. UGH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This hit me yesterday, I got all my shower gifts washed and put away and made my husband put together the crib. I still have so long to go but after hearing so many people having their LOs it makes it seem like it will be here in no time. I'm also going shopping this week to get pads, breast pads, and extra tolit paper for the extra guests after the baby comes. lol  
  • I am really nervous/scared/excited/anxious, haha.  And not just about bringing the baby home, but for the whole thing.  I guess you really can only "prepare" so much, but I still feel like there is something more I should be doing to get ready for this!
  • I'm terrified.  Luckily, DH has done this once before and seems very confident that we can handle it.  I don't know what I'd do without him, though.
  • yes! I just can't even believe it! its going to be so strange having this little person in my house and not in my belly anymore!
  • I asked DH about this the other day. What are we going to do with him when we bring him home? Sit and stare at him until he cries or poops? There's no owner's manual to follow or receipt to take him back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im not really nervous or scared, just really excited! Dh is a little nervous. But it will be okay! :) its all normal to feel that way.
  • Yes the thought of having two under two is weighing on me more though right now.  I do remember when DD #1 was born though my husband was gonna go back to work the day after we got home and his boss was like you can but I don't NEED you back until wed (we came home monday) and I was so relieved that he would be home for one more day.  And I have taken care of quit a few newborns.  Its funny how different it is when its your own. 
  • I am also very nervous to bring baby home I feel like I won't know what to do and also like I am totally unprepared for everything, I do however have great help and am very excited to be a parent for the first time. good luck to every
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"