3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone have protein in urine and turned out okay?

Today I just had a "small amount" of protein in my urine... my BP was elevated but "not terrible"... I have to go back to the Dr's in 2 days to recheck.

I admit hearing that freaked me out. I had a good friend who had sever pre-eclampsia and it terrifies me. My OB again said I was okay but that she wanted to monitor it closely to be on the safe side....

Anyone else?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have protein in urine and turned out okay?

• Options

Early on I did have protein in small amounts in my urine.  My BP was not high however and so in my case they said that I was not eating enough protein.  I guess if you are not eating enough protein then your body starts to break down and shed protein in your urine.  I simply had to cut back on carbs and load up on protein and it resolved itself very quickly.

Its good that you are being monitered closely as it is a sign of pre-e but talk to  your dr about diet options as well if it is not pre-e!

• Options
    imagelspinman:

Early on I did have protein in small amounts in my urine.  My BP was not high however and so in my case they said that I was not eating enough protein.  I guess if you are not eating enough protein then your body starts to break down and shed protein in your urine.  I simply had to cut back on carbs and load up on protein and it resolved itself very quickly.

Its good that you are being monitered closely as it is a sign of pre-e but talk to  your dr about diet options as well if it is not pre-e!

Hmmm... that's interesting. Didn't know that... Yea I went to 2 birthday parties last week... my protein was replaced by pizza and cake Embarrassed Thanks I will definitely watch my diet!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

At just about every appt. I have had "trace" amounts of protein in my urine, and at today's appt it was a +1.  My BP has been fine and when I told the nurse it was +1 she just said "okay" and the Dr. didn't say anything about it.  She just said they would monitor my BP closely. 

Although, I don't know what it's like for everyone.  I feel like sometimes my Dr's (group of 5) treat me differently because I work in L&D and see them at work and I'm around L&D nurses all the time (I'm a surgical tech) and I'm asking the nurses questions and getting advice constantly. 

• Options

Ditto. I had small amounts in my urine early on and was monintered. Everything turned out fine. I just needed to up the protien in my diet. I honestly didn't think I could do it, Not much of a meat person and beans can only do so much before they cause other problems, if you know what I mean. But it actually does help. I started making a protein drink everyday and that has been a life savor. There are actually come pretty good brands out there that don't taste like crap. If you ask my husband more protien in your diet fixes everything. Confused Good luck and I'm glad your doc is keeping a close eye on things.

• Options
    I have had protein in my urine a few times and my BP was high. ?I do not have pre-e so far and I'm on modified bedrest and my BP has been perfect. ?I was working outdoors so my doc thinks I was way dehydrated. ?So try to drink more.
  • Options
    I went from no protein in the urine at 32 weeks to +3 protein and severe pre-eclampsia at 34 weeks.  I'm glad your doctor is keeping a close eye on your situation.  Be sure to call if you have other pre-e symptoms (headache, abd pain, etc). 
  • Options
    I have a kindney disease that makes me spill immense amounts of protein when IM pregnant.  And I have YET to go Pre-E.  (Knock on Wood!)  And thats the past 3 pregnancies before this one!  Keep hope! ;D
  • Options

I had a little in last week when I went in for the nst. My blood pressure has been borderline high. But they are just keeping an eye on it. I have been going every week to check my blood pressure since 33 weeks.?

Things are good though. They are just keeping an eye on it.

?

My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"