Toddlers: 24 Months+

Do you water down your lo's juice?

I usually do 25% water/ 75% juice when I give my dd juice to drink when we are at home(most of the time).

If we are somewhere & someone offers her a juice box, I will let her have that too though.

What do you do?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Do you water down your lo's juice?

• With apple juice only. i give her 2/3s a cup of apple juice and 1/3 cup water. The only reason i still water that one down is it gives her diarrhea. Everything else she can drink just fine

____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• DS has GI issues, so he is not supposed to have juice.

He gets gatorade as his juice.  he gets 2 oz gatorade and 8 oz of water. 

• Loading the player...
  • She rarely gets it, but I usually water it down 75% water, 25% juice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do about half and half, but she only gets it a few times a week.  She prefers water actually.
  • We dont' water her juice down anymore, but we do limit how many cups of juice she can have each day (no more than 2).

• imagebrightning:
    She rarely gets it, but I usually water it down 75% water, 25% juice.

DD really only gets "jui" when she's with a friend who has it.  Otherwise, she is happy with water.

• I was anti juice but everyone kept giving it to her so I gave in.  DH probably makes it 50/50.  I make it like 5% juice 95% water.  I am the mean one.
  • Since DD has been drinking juice it's always been watered down. ?Most of the time 50/50. ?Now, I purchase Aqua Juice by Welch's. ?It's 48% water and the rest is juice. ?I don't have to take the extra time to add the water and DD still gets her juice. ?No more than twice a day, though.
  • 80% water - 20% juice  when I give it to her at home.  If we're out, it's a treat, and she gets to drink it straight.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD gets 75% water and 25% apple juice.  I do give it to her everyday. Rarely does she get a juice box.
  • She only gets juice as a special treat or if we're having a picnic and I need to pack a drink for her.  I give her Motts for Tots so it's approx 50% juice and 50% water.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DD refuses to drink straight water, so we always water down her juice since it's all she'll drink.  i try to do 25% juice, 75% water, though sometimes it's half and half. 
  • We cheat and use the Motts for Tots. Its already watered down! Plus, both DH and I like to drink it because its not as strong as regular juice.
  • he rarely gets it... when he does - it's usually at a party in a juice box.  If he's really congested and we are avoiding milk and i give him apple juice- i do water it down a bit... probably 25% water.
  • We do 50/50 juice and water, but I use Healthy Harvest Juice since there are veggies in it too.  They only get it once a day (one sippy apiece, so it's about 4.5 oz a day) and not everyday.  Since summer started, they've been getting their two sippys of milk in the morning and water for the rest of the day.
  • Olivia had juice for the first time at a school function last weekend (to my knowledge, at least!).  It was watered down but I don't know how much.  She's fine with milk and water.  although she did like that apple juice!
  • Yup, we do 75% water and 25% juice.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"