1st Trimester

Still having brown spotting for 3 weeks straight!

3 weeks ago i had bright red bleeding and passed a clot. this is my 2nd pregnancy (1st pregnancy no bleeding at all and have a healthy 2 yr old girl).

i had gone to the hosp that night for fear of a miscarriage. They did an ultrasound and baby was ok. Went to dr the following monday to follow up and he said i still had a 99% chance of having this baby and not to worry. I also was having dark brown spotting as a result of the initial red bleeding i had. He said it was old blood and not to worry unless it was bright red again. Problem is...its been 3 weeks now and constant dark brown discharge every single day? why isnt is going away? Its making me very uncomfortable! Im so scared something will happen to my baby. I am 10 weeks today. 

Re: Still having brown spotting for 3 weeks straight!

• Call your Dr is all I can offer for advice. Might be able to give you some sort of assurance that everything is all right!
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • I agree, call your OB.  Maybe your hormone levels are causing a slow release of old endometrium...  Not sure.  I think as long as it isn't bright red blood, you should be fine.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely call your doctor. I've had spotting, bleeding, etc since week 6 though and everything's totally fine! They said basically my cervix is just extra-irritable so little things like having a bowel movement can be enough to piss it off.
  • Call your doctor!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try not to worry - same thing happened to me 3 times.  It sounds like you had a subchorionic hematoma.  The first time I had one, I spotted brown for abour 2.5 weeks.  It's super scary, I know, but my baby is developing fine.  I just had my 3rd episode of it, and thank God, I'm able to find baby's heartbeat on the doppler.  I have a Doc appointment this Tuesday, so I'll be asking my doctor when the bleeding will stop!  Dont worry and good luck!!!
  • Definitely call your OB. GL!
  • yeah I would call your dr also. ?Just let him know it's been bleeding for 3 weeks and see what he says. At least it will probably help with your stress with this situation. ?GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had brown spotting for almost 2 weeks, and saw my OB 4 times within those 2 weeks. I would call every day or every other day, so they would finally get me in. Mine started around 8 weeks and finally stopped right before I hit 11 weeks.

They think mine is caused by a polyp on my cervix that keeps getting irritated. OB put us on a no sex rule until my appointment next Tuesday. He seems to think it's no big deal, I'm just a bleeder. We've heard the heartbeat twice and everything seems to be fine.

It will make you feel better to call the doc, it may seem like you're calling for a stupid reason at times. But it's worth it for a piece of mind.
    GL!

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• I am going throught the exact same thing. I went for an u/s almost 2 weeks ago when they thought I was 6 weeks but just saw a sac measuring 5 weeks. They told me not to worry. Well I am still spotting brown everday and have called my ob at least 5 times since and all they keep telling me is if it is not bright red and a lot of blood wait till my next u/s. Thank God it is tomorrow. This is aweful waiting. I am sooooo depressed. All I keep thinking is there is a big problem. I have called out of work for the last 5 days. Any suggestions? Anyone gone through this that can help?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"