Babies: 0 - 3 Months

she doesn't want the breast :(

Yesterday,all she wanted was the boob and was nursing every 30 - 60 minutes.  But today, she doesn't want it at all.  And they are BULGING today.  I know I'm not dirty... I did take a bath! I'm kinda sad about it.  What could it be?

Re: she doesn't want the breast :(

• Are they too full for her?
  • Try pumping first for a bit to ease the engorgement. Maybe she's having a hard time latching on because they are too full.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHeyyRed:
    Are they too full for her?

This.  DS wants nothing to do with my breasts when they're really full.  Pumping a little always helps us.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevjrun21:
    Try pumping first for a bit to ease the engorgement. Maybe she's having a hard time latching on because they are too full.

I agree... when I had that problem it was suggested that I pump 1-2 ounces to making lacthing on easier for her. Also if your working out to much that could also affect the taste of your BM. Keep trying to feed her.

• imagevjrun21:
    Try pumping first for a bit to ease the engorgement. Maybe she's having a hard time latching on because they are too full.
  • I agree with all the PP; try pumping a bit first.

If that doesn't fix it, and she will take a bottle/pacificer start her out in the position you normally feed her and insert bottle/pacificer.  After a minute or so, remove the object and try to pop her on the boob really quickly.

• she eating every 30-60 min??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"